EVGA

2080Ti FTW3 3rd Fan Not Spinning Unless Precision is Open

Author
Graptik
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/03 09:39:20 (permalink)
I have a 2080Ti FTW3. I have used Precision X1 and also MSI Afterburner before but have uninstalled both of them and decided to just run my GPU at stock (or what counts as stock for this GPU). Problem is, the 3rd fan on my card (furthest from the video ports) does not spin up at all (even under intense load) if EVGA Precision X1 is open. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I know for sure that the fan works fine because when precision is open, it works great and cools the card fine, but if precision is not open, it stays off and temps run into the 80s. This is the same whether I use the Normal or OC bios on my card. I have used DDU to do a clean install of my GPU drivers and still no luck. Any help is appreciated.
post edited by Graptik - 2022/01/03 09:45:58

1 Reply Related Threads

Graptik
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2080Ti FTW3 3rd Fan Not Spinning Unless Precision is Open 2022/01/03 10:47:18 (permalink)
    Ended up fixing it with help from an old thread from someone with the same problem. I had to download EVGA Precision X1, make sure the fans were on auto and make sure the chain icon was connected. Then I uninstalled the piece of trash software EVGA Precision X1 and everything works as it should. Seriously cannot believe a piece of software can just completely disable a fan on your graphics card. Definitely won't be buying EVGA again.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile