2080 ti FTW3 general availability

Author
xblackvalorx
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 451
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/20 16:01:01 (permalink)
I know nvidia pushed back the Ti GA date to the 27th, but we are going to be waiting longer for the FTW models?
I missed both pre order windows, and am now hearing that the ftw cards are still 3-4 weeks out for those who pre-ordered. Are we going to be waiting longer than that for general availability? I've been an EVGA customer for well over a decade now and this is the messiest launch I've ever seen. Many other makers already have Ti units available, while I still can't even get a straight answer on availability from EVGA. Doesn't feel like the company I've known all these years. Anybody else experiencing the same? Or possibly have gotten more info than I have?

18 Replies Related Threads

Jldowning85
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 16:26:27 (permalink)
    I'd give you my preorder if I could lol

Really thinking it may not be worth the 1359~ for a 20% increase. 

Edit: If it helps I seem to have gotten in on the second round of pre-orders. I saw it was available, preordered, and checked a few minutes later and they weren't offering it anymore. I was told 3-4 weeks at the time of purchase and as far as I'm aware haven't received any information regarding shipping, or a date. 
    post edited by Jldowning85 - 2018/09/20 16:29:00
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 16:32:12 (permalink)
    Jldowning85

Edit: If it helps I seem to have gotten in on the second round of pre-orders. I saw it was available, preordered, and checked a few minutes later and they weren't offering it anymore. I was told 3-4 weeks at the time of purchase and as far as I'm aware haven't received any information regarding shipping, or a date. 

I'm on a 980ti right now, which just isn't cutting it for 4k, I've considered sli 1080tis but from early benchmarks; due to inconsistency in sli performance it seems the 2080ti beats the 1080 ti x2 more times than not.
    I'm just trying to get to 4k 60fps, but this entire situation is just so murky, especially considering it's looking like it may be a month or more before I can even order one.
    And 1080 ti prices are all still 700+
    Jldowning85
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 16:38:28 (permalink)
    xblackvalorx
    Jldowning85

I'm on a 980ti right now, which just isn't cutting it for 4k, I've considered sli 1080tis but from early benchmarks; due to inconsistency in sli performance it seems the 2080ti beats the 1080 ti x2 more times than not.
    I'm just trying to get to 4k 60fps, but this entire situation is just so murky, especially considering it's looking like it may be a month or more before I can even order one.

Yeah I went ahead and got a monitor that should be able to do 98hrz in 4k with hdr... so I want to take advantage of it... but it looks like the 2080ti just isn't quite the jump in performance.

Assuming I could sell the kingpin for $650~ I'm pretty much paying $700 for a 20-30 improvement over what I've got right now. 
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 16:40:47 (permalink)
    Jldowning85
    xblackvalorx
    Jldowning85

Yeah I went ahead and got a monitor that should be able to do 98hrz in 4k with hdr... so I want to take advantage of it... but it looks like the 2080ti just isn't quite the jump in performance.

Assuming I could sell the kingpin for $650~ I'm pretty much paying $700 for a 20-30 improvement over what I've got right now. 

Coming from a 980ti or a 1080ti?
    Cuz from some of the videos I've seen from independent reviewers they're getting typically double the fps I am in certain games
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 18:53:56 (permalink)
    Guessing nobody had any more info? Im getting really disappointed with evgas handling of this launch tbh
    rv112
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/20 22:46:52 (permalink)
    I think they still are in developement. I think I cancel preorder. They took the money and don‘t give any ETA.
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:14:07 (permalink)
    rv112
    I think they still are in developement. I think I cancel preorder. They took the money and don‘t give any ETA.

Yea the way they're all hush hush about it is sketchy.
    This isn't the evga of old
    Especially given msi, gigabyte, asus etc all have their cards out already and evga can't even give us so much as a guess

Now that gigabyte is doing copper heatpipes and 4 years of warranty I may wind up with one of those
    Would be my first non evga GPU in nearly 15 years of doing builds
    striker890
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:23:14 (permalink)
    xblackvalorx
    I know nvidia pushed back the Ti GA date to the 27th, but we are going to be waiting longer for the FTW models?
    I missed both pre order windows, and am now hearing that the ftw cards are still 3-4 weeks out for those who pre-ordered. Are we going to be waiting longer than that for general availability? I've been an EVGA customer for well over a decade now and this is the messiest launch I've ever seen. Many other makers already have Ti units available, while I still can't even get a straight answer on availability from EVGA. Doesn't feel like the company I've known all these years. Anybody else experiencing the same? Or possibly have gotten more info than I have?

People already got their 2080 TI XC Ultra's. So it's not really messy. It's just you writing a post with false facts.

FTW models where labeled a estimated 3-4 weeks wait on the 11th. Though most people thought the cards might be available with the others, since EVGA showed the FTW3 already at gamescom, they have another 2-3 weeks to deliver the cards on time. It's a custom PCB and there aren't that much other custom PCB cards released, yet.

FTW pre orderers through EVGA will definitly get their cards before general availability.
    striker890
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:24:18 (permalink)
    rv112

They gave an ETA on the pre order... It was 3-4 weeks. Cards are definitly not in developement, because that would take 3-6 months...
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:25:49 (permalink)
    striker890
    rv112

They gave an ETA on the pre order... It was 3-4 weeks. Cards are definitly not in developement, because that would take 3-6 months...

Yea that's what I was thinking too. But
    That worries me, if it's 3-4 weeks for pre order how long until the general availability
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:28:30 (permalink)
    striker890
    xblackvalorx

People already got their 2080 TI XC Ultra's. So it's not really messy. It's just you writing a post with false facts.

FTW models where labeled a estimated 3-4 weeks wait on the 11th. Though most people thought the cards might be available with the others, since EVGA showed the FTW3 already at gamescom, they have another 2-3 weeks to deliver the cards on time. It's a custom PCB and there aren't that much other custom PCB cards released, yet.

FTW pre orderers through EVGA will definitly get their cards before general availability.

False facts?
    Uh have you seen the rest of the forums? Some haven't even shipped yet, some have gotten them but that's the xc not the custom pcb cards
    Also, the hush hushness is very odd for evga.

It's an extreme mess
    striker890
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:28:57 (permalink)
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    rv112

That worries me, if it's 3-4 weeks for pre order how long until the general availability

well... that's why people preorder... 
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 01:31:10 (permalink)
    striker890
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    rv112

I tried, not my fault they only stocked allotted enough cards for pre orders to last an hour
    Literally got to checkout and got an error 45 minutes after the notification that they went up

And that's still putting ftw 3 general availability in what? Mid October?
    shiftsix
    • Total Posts : 40
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 07:03:09 (permalink)
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    rv112

I tried, not my fault they only stocked allotted enough cards for pre orders to last an hour
    Literally got to checkout and got an error 45 minutes after the notification that they went up

To be fair, I think they opened 2 or 3 different allotments of pre-orders for the FTW3's  I jumped on the first group, but saw them post it was opening back up a few days later.  

With all of the mess and people canceling, I'd give their customer service a call and see if they have any spots open up in the pre-orders.  Never hurts to ask, if you do it friendly and understanding they might still be full.   
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 11:50:39 (permalink)
    shiftsix
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    xblackvalorx
    striker890
    rv112

To be fair, I think they opened 2 or 3 different allotments of pre-orders for the FTW3's  I jumped on the first group, but saw them post it was opening back up a few days later.  

With all of the mess and people canceling, I'd give their customer service a call and see if they have any spots open up in the pre-orders.  Never hurts to ask, if you do it friendly and understanding they might still be full.   

Yea, I saw 2 and both were up so fast. The first round I made the mistake of thinking I could use the restroom first LMAO

And I tried. No dice, and when asked about general availability the rep I spoke with said the ftws are likely more than a week out. So I guess it's just a waiting game. I just really hope prices don't rise. Some are speculating they will because of the new tariffs, some speculate they'll drop because of what a mess the launch has been for all cards in general.

Really hope it's the latter if anything
    kyleqianlima
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 12:05:21 (permalink)
    Given that the boost clock speed is not even disclosed i think we still have to wait a few more days. And none of the youtubers have shown any ftw edition either so a week or two is probably reasonable
    xblackvalorx
    iCX Member
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/21 12:31:38 (permalink)
    kyleqianlima
    Given that the boost clock speed is not even disclosed i think we still have to wait a few more days. And none of the youtubers have shown any ftw edition either so a week or two is probably reasonable

EVGA is just lucky they make such good **** or I'd already have an msi ordered lol
    But alas, I know it won't match the power and quality of an FTW so here I wait.
    I just wish for over a thousand dollars they could give a little more info, but such is the game.
    JDauwalter
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 181
    Re: 2080 ti FTW3 general availability 2018/09/22 12:26:32 (permalink)

striker890
    xblackvalorx

I ordered mine on the 7th and it said 3 - 4 weeks. Still waiting on that damn approval. Lol
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile