EVGA

2080 TI FTW3 Ultra - how to undervolt?

Author
guilhermemuck
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/14 19:09:05 (permalink)
It's summer time here in Brazil and while playing some games @ 4K res my GPU often goes to about 80C while keeping clocks of 1900mhz on the core and 7000mhz on the memory.

Unfortunately I don't have air conditioning in my house so I am considering doing a small undervolt on my gpu to reduce the heat generation for a while.

How can I undervolt it using PX1?

2 Replies Related Threads

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: 2080 TI FTW3 Ultra - how to undervolt? 2020/02/15 01:42:50 (permalink)
    guilhermemuck
    It's summer time here in Brazil and while playing some games @ 4K res my GPU often goes to about 80C while keeping clocks of 1900mhz on the core and 7000mhz on the memory.

Unfortunately I don't have air conditioning in my house so I am considering doing a small undervolt on my gpu to reduce the heat generation for a while.

You could use the temp target and it will do all of that for you instead of creating instability with the undervolting because if you do that, you need to bring the clocks down to stabilize the undervolting.  Temp target does all the work for you so lower it and go from there. 

Btw, 80c isn't so bad for being on air w/out AC since the GPU can handle up to 89c before it enters a thermal shutdown state to protect itself so you shouldn't worry too much.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 2080 TI FTW3 Ultra - how to undervolt? 2020/02/15 11:57:50 (permalink)
    guilhermemuck

Remove any +Voltage you added to the Voltage slider

Reduce the Power Target, below 100%

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile