EVGA

2080 TI FTW issues after fresh windows install

Author
SnowKatana
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/01 12:56:45 (permalink)
I had no issues with by card before but after reinstalling windows on my PC it now has a few major issues
1 -  I can install a graphics card driver BUT if I try to uninstall or install a different driver the system will reboot the same also happens if I also try to install any Intel drivers related to PCI to PCI bridge
2 - Screen will randomly go black for a few seconds (like how it does when installing a driver) any full screen programs will crash when then happens and this can happen at any time could be two hours till the next time it happens could be 10 minutes

Also using 980 for now and it works fine it's only when using the 2080 ti is when I have those issues

Graphic card - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
Motherboard - Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K
Ram - G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (32 GB)
Storage - Samsung 970 PRO M.2
OS - Windows 10 - Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
PSU - Corsair AX760
post edited by SnowKatana - 2021/03/01 15:00:42

4 Replies Related Threads

acupalypse
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: 2080 TI FTW issues after fresh windows install 2021/03/01 14:52:03 (permalink)
    Couple of things:
    1. What PSU do you have?
    2. Have you reinstalled all MOBO drivers after windows OS reinstall? Is BIOS on the latest update?
    3. Any other peripherals connected that you can maybe try to isolate?
    Maybe unrelated to your issue but a few years ago there's this particular game that one day started giving me random system crash/reboots while everything else worked solidly. I had to swap and tried out a lot of parts from PSU, GPU, memory, hard drive to mouse/keyboard. All that's left was MOBO and Asrock replaced it under warranty. Reinstalled everything from scratch but still the same issue on same exact game. Turned out to be the combination of GPU and MOBO when running that particular game. Since it's more expensive to replace GPU, I just replaced the MOBO with Asus Hero and problem was finally solved.
    SnowKatana
    Re: 2080 TI FTW issues after fresh windows install 2021/03/01 15:03:00 (permalink)
    acupalypse
    Couple of things:
    1. What PSU do you have?
    2. Have you reinstalled all MOBO drivers after windows OS reinstall? Is BIOS on the latest update?
    3. Any other peripherals connected that you can maybe try to isolate?
    Maybe unrelated to your issue but a few years ago there's this particular game that one day started giving me random system crash/reboots while everything else worked solidly. I had to swap and tried out a lot of parts from PSU, GPU, memory, hard drive to mouse/keyboard. All that's left was MOBO and Asrock replaced it under warranty. Reinstalled everything from scratch but still the same issue on same exact game. Turned out to be the combination of GPU and MOBO when running that particular game. Since it's more expensive to replace GPU, I just replaced the MOBO with Asus Hero and problem was finally solved.

Corsair AX760 and yeah made sure to update all drivers and bios and also unplugged everything unneeded at the time. I also am using a 980 right now and everything is working fine so I'm pretty sure it's the 2080 ti that is the issue
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 44472
    • Ribbons : 197
    Re: 2080 TI FTW issues after fresh windows install 2021/03/01 15:03:14 (permalink)
    Sounds like the 2080 ti has went bad. Time to check it out in another system to confirm.

Want to save 5 to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it.

SnowKatana
    Re: 2080 TI FTW issues after fresh windows install 2021/03/01 17:00:09 (permalink)
    Well I guess I should have done this first, but I tried putting the card back in just to see if it would work or not since there has been a few windows updates since (It's been a few weeks, juts been busy) and so far the card seems to be working fine with the drivers so. I guess I'm good for not at least
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile