2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine

Author
Stobbzy19
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/13 03:41:59 (permalink)
Hello,

Recently I got a brand new 2070 XC Ultra from Amazon (I know I can return it but I want to try and fix before contacting Amazon).
I put it in my system and straight away fan 2 went to like 3000rpm. I thought this may be a driver issue and so I updated the drivers and restarted and still the fan was so loud. So I did DDU and re-installed after another restart. This didn't work. Next thing I tried was maybe a software was controlling my gpu fan (It is only my fan 2, fan 1 is unaffected). so I went into taskmanager and set everything on start-up to disabled. After another restart the fan was still blowing wild. I installed MSI Afterburner, didn't help. I installed EVGA X1, didn't help. Updated my bios and even reset my bios by taking out my CMOS and still is like a jet engine. The fan straight away goes to 3000+ rpm when I press the power button.

Please help :(

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine 2019/11/13 03:47:24 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry to see the Fan speed is not behaving on your new Card - & it is loud to you.

PC Specs ?

X1 requires multiple Steps to Work / Save your changes

1) select a Profile Number 0-9
    2) Make a change & press enter key on your KB
    3) Select "Apply" button on X1 interface
    4) Now select Save on X1 interface

Now Only when you select that specific Profile Number & X1 is Running ... those changes will apply

Power flush:
    Shut down the PC, unplug it from the Wall, unplug Any other device that has its own power (monitor, printer, USB hub ...)
    Now hold start button on PC - 20 seconds, to discharge the system ... plug in and reboot

RE: Jet engine ...

OK, when was the last time you were at an airport ? 

I get the sound does not meet your expectations - I run my fans at 100% even in an Open Case - its not very loud

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: 2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine 2019/11/13 03:51:49 (permalink)
    Call evga when their open and ask them to send you a file to flash the bios on the card. Maybe that can straighten it out.

Only other thing I can think of which would be a long shot is that the cable connection for the fan is possibly not fully seated in the connector causing the connection to be slightly loose.. maybe 1 cable that controls the speed isint making a connection?

I'd call as an email may take a day or 2 before you get a response and they will answer that phone quick.

Anyways doing a manual speed for the fans and hitting apply wont change the speed of that fan?

Edit: if a bios flash dont fix her its most likely a bad temp sensor/fan controller thats bad on the card. :/

Evga might do the rma for ya eith free cross shipping and rush the new card out to you which may be a better option as you'll get a new card in return anyways if amazon will not cross ship or charge for return shipping.
    post edited by AHowes - 2019/11/13 03:56:12

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Stobbzy19
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine 2019/11/13 05:07:20 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry to see the Fan speed is not behaving on your new Card - & it is loud to you.

PC Specs ?

X1 requires multiple Steps to Work / Save your changes

1) select a Profile Number 0-9
    2) Make a change & press enter key on your KB
    3) Select "Apply" button on X1 interface
    4) Now select Save on X1 interface

Now Only when you select that specific Profile Number & X1 is Running ... those changes will apply

Power flush:
    Shut down the PC, unplug it from the Wall, unplug Any other device that has its own power (monitor, printer, USB hub ...)
    Now hold start button on PC - 20 seconds, to discharge the system ... plug in and reboot

RE: Jet engine ...

OK, when was the last time you were at an airport ? 

I get the sound does not meet your expectations - I run my fans at 100% even in an Open Case - its not very loud

I have tried this and didn't work. My next thought was to flash it and after it completed and restarted it continues to be 3000+rpm all the time.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine 2019/11/13 05:30:51 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 2070 XC Ultra sounds like a jet engine 2019/11/13 12:28:31 (permalink)
    Time to inspect the card for loose connections.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile