EVGA

1080ti suggestions for OCing via my first full loop?

Author
felidae99
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/06/20 11:27:10 (permalink)
  I'm new to OCing both CPUs and GPUs. I'm on my fourth rig, which I built specifically for putting in my first custom watercooling loop. For this I got a full tower case from EVGA. Currently my GPU is EVGA's 1080 ti SC2. My specific questions for the expert competitive OCers here is am I good to go with putting a waterblock on the SC2, or would it be higher scores if I went for a different card? Like the upcoming classifieds or KP versions of the ti? I'm just a bit confused about the thermal throttling on Pascal, and if it would make a difference before I install the loop. IE I pull the shroud off my SC2 and put it in the loop...Would I get higher scores OCing a different version of the ti? I know the KP is supposed to be binned higher re the lottery, but what about a FTW or a classified? Could I eak out more points in firestrike/timespy by upgrading? Or will it not matter in the end run? I've budgeted for this hobby, but I'm still not wanting for diminishing returns over sound advice. Thanks!

Also - does anyone have parts suggestions for my loop? I'm looking at just cooling the CPU and GPU to start. And I'd rather buy piece by piece and learn to bend tube sections rather than buy an assembled kit like EK offers. again, thanks. <3

Attached Image(s)

HALRig - i7 7700k @ 5.1ghz , EVGA 240mm AIO Cooler, 32 gigs of RGB Vengeance @ 3000 mhz, ASUS Maximus IX Code mobo, EVGA 850w T2 Platinum PSU, EVGA DG-86 Chassis , EVGA 1080ti SC2 GPU, Win 10 64 bit  OS, KB Blackwidow, Mouse Mionix Naos 7000 series and a partridge in a pear tree.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile