1080ti SC2 shipping date?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 08:30:13 (permalink)
ma171ac
Scarlet-Tech
Estimated.. doesnt meant exact. There is no telling what may have caused a delay.. heck, they added rgb to the sc2, when they initially said it was going to only have white lighting.

Jacob already stated that the SC2 cards have started shipping.

The frustration is the complete lack of communication about the delay.  For folks estimated shipping dates to still say 4/17 and the ridiculously vague answers from support on expectations we're just super frustrated.  There are folks who have their SC and SC2 cards already.  I just don't understand how that type of delay with absolutely no communication is considered proper behavior from a major gaming corporation.  

I work in Business Intelligence, the effort it would take to run through the pre-order database and find those that haven't shipped, haven't been charged and still say 4/17 then contact those owners with an apology email and update the 4/17 entry in the db would be absolutely minimal.  I wonder if they want my help?  Hell I'll VOLUNTEER my time to help your team do this.   I don't even work for the company but I'll be happy to point them in the right direction when it comes to letting their customers know about a delay.  

Estimated date of shipping, 17th of April. Some cards started shipping the 18th of April.

If you have been around EVGA for a while, as a customer, you would already know that they rarely, if ever, divulge information. If you want the most up to date information, contacting the support line will provide you with the same thing everyone else has. Is it fun? Nope.

For those saying they will jump ship because they arent getting info, other companies didnt need to install or test all of the extra parts and pieces, and they are using the same basic layout they always have, so that may be how they are able to push cards out quicker. If some cards didnt pass quality control and caused the delay, wouldnt you be happy to wait rsther than get a bad card? Heck, some bad cards will make it through, just because they fail after shipping.
ma171ac
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 08:45:30 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Estimated date of shipping, 17th of April. Some cards started shipping the 18th of April.

This is the problem.  There are cards that didn't ship.. Are you implying nothing shipped the 17th and they JUST started shipping on the 18th?  Are you implying all cards were shipped the 18th?  You don't see anything wrong with 0 communication on that fact?  

You don't see any fault on EVGA for not telling anyone who pre-ordered weeks in advance that there was a delay?  You don't see any problem with allocating cards to other retailers when you have folks who ordered directly from the manufacturer and they don't have their hardware??
chenmenis
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 08:47:34 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
ma171ac
Scarlet-Tech
Estimated.. doesnt meant exact. There is no telling what may have caused a delay.. heck, they added rgb to the sc2, when they initially said it was going to only have white lighting.

The frustration is the complete lack of communication about the delay.  For folks estimated shipping dates to still say 4/17 and the ridiculously vague answers from support on expectations we're just super frustrated.  There are folks who have their SC and SC2 cards already.  I just don't understand how that type of delay with absolutely no communication is considered proper behavior from a major gaming corporation.  

I work in Business Intelligence, the effort it would take to run through the pre-order database and find those that haven't shipped, haven't been charged and still say 4/17 then contact those owners with an apology email and update the 4/17 entry in the db would be absolutely minimal.  I wonder if they want my help?  Hell I'll VOLUNTEER my time to help your team do this.   I don't even work for the company but I'll be happy to point them in the right direction when it comes to letting their customers know about a delay.  

If you have been around EVGA for a while, as a customer, you would already know that they rarely, if ever, divulge information. If you want the most up to date information, contacting the support line will provide you with the same thing everyone else has. Is it fun? Nope.

For those saying they will jump ship because they arent getting info, other companies didnt need to install or test all of the extra parts and pieces, and they are using the same basic layout they always have, so that may be how they are able to push cards out quicker. If some cards didnt pass quality control and caused the delay, wouldnt you be happy to wait rsther than get a bad card? Heck, some bad cards will make it through, just because they fail after shipping.

So I guess evga is running into issues with the cards hence the  delay......
ma171ac
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 08:52:42 (permalink)
chenmenis
Scarlet-Tech
ma171ac
Scarlet-Tech

I imagine they would let folks know and adjust future pre-order shipping dates if that was the case though.. ANY communication.. anything at all. 
DukeCLR
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 254
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 08:55:15 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
ma171ac
Scarlet-Tech

I have been a customer for ten years but this is the first pre order I have tried,  a top tier company could easily figure out when these things would ship and at least update it as the situation develops but they don't.  I'm not necessarily jumping ship because of this, they make good parts and stand by them, when they fail. So EVGA has become a company I have to put up with kind of like my wireless carrier. 

In my case it's about timing, if I don't get my card soon Ill cancel my preorder because mid may is boating season and that will take up all of my time until September whenI can resume my computer hobby.

PhanTeks Enthoo Evolv TGE
Intel Core i7 8700k @ 5.0
EVGA Z390 FTW
EVGA GTX 3080 FTW3
GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb
EVGA CLC280
PSU EVGA 850 T2

chenmenis
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:28:24 (permalink)
ma171ac
chenmenis
Scarlet-Tech
ma171ac
Scarlet-Tech

I imagine they would let folks know and adjust future pre-order shipping dates if that was the case though.. ANY communication.. anything at all. 

If you tell the public we screwed up the card design not sure how many ppl is willing to wait....
Slammer64
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:29:28 (permalink)
Ok, enough is enough, cancelled order, ordered a Zotac through Newegg, will be here Friday...
kraZ1e
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:30:22 (permalink)
I just spoke to a rep. He said they cannot check individual orders. They may not even ship out until next week. Debating if I want to cancel or not. :/

i7-7700K; 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz; Gigabyte z270X Motherboard; 1080Ti SC2; 1 120GB Intel SSD, 2 250GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1 1TB HDD; Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case
kraZ1e
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:32:54 (permalink)
Just for referencec, Newegg releases their SC2's on Monday. So I am assuming EVGA will also release theirs on Monday. Not sure why they just wont say that.

i7-7700K; 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz; Gigabyte z270X Motherboard; 1080Ti SC2; 1 120GB Intel SSD, 2 250GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1 1TB HDD; Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case
austinpr
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:34:12 (permalink)
Yeah we've all been duped into pre-ordering with EVGA... noticed the "release date" for the SC2 and SC Black are shown on NewEgg as 4/24... looks like we'll all get our pre-orders shipped next week when everyone else does.  Basically could have pre-ordered these cards anywhere at that point and I might recommend cancelling your pre-order and going with your favorite distributor.  Not only would EVGA receive less cut from those sales (lesson learned EVGA), but it would continue your relationships and order history with companies that actually VALUE their customers and provide something called communication.
ma171ac
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:34:55 (permalink)
kraZ1e
Just for referencec, Newegg releases their SC2's on Monday. So I am assuming EVGA will also release theirs on Monday. Not sure why they just wont say that.

My understanding is that newegg got a shipment of SC2 cards and those who ordered through them will get them through newegg.  The schmucks like me that ordered directly from EVGA apparently will have to continue waiting or cancel and go with another manufacturer 
cabbage
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2027
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:51:42 (permalink)
the waiting didn't really bother me. the purchase of this card was contingent on me selling either my 980ti or 1080sc. being 51 years old. I'm now focused on saving money/retiring down the road. and I have to be honest. the 1080sc paired with my 7700k  is plenty strong enough that I don't have to spend another $700 plus on the newest card right now. mabey in a few months when the dust has settled and the price comes down. who knows. looking forward to everyones reviews though
Lauen
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 10:57:34 (permalink)
Finally it was My time to pay for the card :) so the card should be here next week sometime (sweden)
ma171ac
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:09:05 (permalink)
Lauen
Finally it was My time to pay for the card :) so the card should be here next week sometime (sweden)

Man, Sweden is getting in on the action before the folks in the same state as EVGA.  Congrats, let us know how the card is when you get it... Me thinks most of us will still be waiting by the time you get it
austinpr
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:26:30 (permalink)
Alright, knowing EVGA hasn't reached out and our pre-orders mean little to them, I've gone forward with cancelling.  Anyone in the same boat who needs a shorter card (10.6") but wants the OC over reference model, look into the MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk X.   EVGA will basically release the same with their hybrid model but MSI beat them to market as did every other vender who doesn't care about 9 temperature sensors to tell them the exact same average temp.  Goodluck everyone!

Attached Image(s)

DIGItonium
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:30:51 (permalink)
Keyword: ESTIMATED, not "guaranteed" ship date.

They've said it many times that they're processing orders in batches once supplies come in.  If you guys want to help, perhaps apply for seasonal position at EVGA to help with the workload or even fly overseas to give the manufacturing facilities a helping hand with production, quality assurance testing, packaging, and shipment to the US.

The reason why you guys don't hear much from them is because there's nothing new to talk about, and it's quite counter productive to drop what they're doing (process orders) and repeat the same answers to every nagging individual all day everyday.  Let them progress with their work.

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 450D
FANS: Corsair ML120 & ML140 PRO
COOL: Corsair H115i & Noctua NF-P14s
 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
 CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz
 MEM: 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2400
 SSD: 256GB Samsung 950 Pro / 480GB PNY
 VGA: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black
DISP: Samsung KU6290 40"
KB/MS: AZIO MGK1-K / Logitech G6
duostyle
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:33:56 (permalink)
(EU) Pre-ordered with Paypal and got the email to pay for it.
  • Order Status: Waiting to Process

The confirmation page said it should take a day to process, so probably coming Monday or early next week.
CaBrAcHo83
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:37:35 (permalink)
It's good for me, i just received the EVGA.EU settlement link via Paypal ...

DukeCLR
iCX Member
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:44:12 (permalink)
DIGItonium
Keyword: ESTIMATED, not "guaranteed" ship date.

They've said it many times that they're processing orders in batches once supplies come in.  If you guys want to help, perhaps apply for seasonal position at EVGA to help with the workload or even fly overseas to give the manufacturing facilities a helping hand with production, quality assurance testing, packaging, and shipment to the US.

The reason why you guys don't hear much from them is because there's nothing new to talk about, and it's quite counter productive to drop what they're doing (process orders) and repeat the same answers to every nagging individual all day everyday.  Let them progress with their work.

We all know what ESTIMATED means, please.   I read that they were shipping in batches each day but I didn't read the post when they said it was because it's all they reciev each day or that it was due to quality control.  EVGA has been doing this for a long time and it's on them to staff properly, if they got slammed with some unknown circumstance I haven't read it. 

I may have missed the post, could you link it?

EVGA Z390 FTW
EVGA GTX 3080 FTW3
GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb
EVGA CLC280
PSU EVGA 850 T2

micahl
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:44:35 (permalink)
CaBrAcHo83

That tax... Enjoy the card!
NubileThighGaps
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 11:53:59 (permalink)
If I had known there would be this little communication about what to expect and no updates. I would have never pre ordered. Depending on how long it takes then to process this when Newegg already has cards.. This may be my last EVGA purchase.
CaBrAcHo83
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 12:04:06 (permalink)
micahl
CaBrAcHo83

That tax... Enjoy the card!

Thanks .-)
MaverickHL
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 14:41:19 (permalink)
Got my card, it will be there when I get home from work.  Upgrading from a EVGA GTX 670 is quite a big jump for me, really excited...till I realize that I have work again tomorrow lol
DIGItonium
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/19 23:23:48 (permalink)
DukeCLR
I may have missed the post, could you link it?

I couldn't find it, and it's getting late.  It's pretty obvious the bickering against EVGA staff is counter productive, and it's not going to get things done any quicker.  I've got nothing to complain.  My estimated ship date was 4/17, shipped on 4/18, and I'm getting it on Monday.
post edited by DIGItonium - 2017/04/19 23:27:25

TruAssassin
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 00:27:06 (permalink)
Patience is a virtue.
DukeCLR
iCX Member
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 04:43:57 (permalink)
TruAssassin
Patience is a virtue.

So are Diligence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diligence

And Humility https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility
post edited by DukeCLR - 2017/04/20 05:49:12

EVGA Z390 FTW
EVGA GTX 3080 FTW3
GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb
EVGA CLC280
PSU EVGA 850 T2

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 05:41:26 (permalink)
DukeCLR

And Humility  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diligence

You linked Diligence twice... lol
DukeCLR
iCX Member
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 05:49:35 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
DukeCLR

And Humility  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diligence

You linked Diligence twice... lol

Fixed. Thanks.

EVGA Z390 FTW
EVGA GTX 3080 FTW3
GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb
EVGA CLC280
PSU EVGA 850 T2

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 05:54:07 (permalink)
DukeCLR
Fixed. Thanks.

:-) good deal.
DIGItonium
Re: 1080ti SC2 shipping date? 2017/04/20 08:14:32 (permalink)
DukeCLR
Fixed. Thanks.

Ha! I've had my fair share of keyboard shortcut copy/paste mishaps.  On an off topic note, I've been testing out theses Kailh Brown switches... not too happy.  Intermittently missing keypresses.  I should've ordered another G610 for almost a $20 difference.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7