EVGA

Answered1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op)

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 34 of 39
Author
owcraftsman
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4754
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/11 19:15:58 (permalink)
It's not fixed, and this thread should not be marked as such peroid.  Glad the OP is happy, but if I started another thread with the same issue what would you do? We all know you would close the thread, which is why it is wrong.

Some of us are waiting for a response to our ticket with EVGA issuing a fix. That hasn't happened so; THERE IS NO OFFICIAL EVGA SUPPORTED FIX Unless I missed an answer in my inbox.

I'm glad some were helped, but the bios in the OP won't flash to my FTW3. My problem remains, and you have closed the issue that still exists for me, and I suspect other.

I don't think you understand that sweeping this under the rug is only making it all worse. Look at the number of views of this thread and consider how many people could be disgusted with the way we have been treated. We are customers seeking help from the manufacturer who has been forgotten, ignored, and dropped our tickets like a hot potato. 

Sadly, it's going to be accurate as I predicted long ago. We won't see a fix before 1180 comes out in the hope it will all be forgotten then. 
Spare me more excuses and lame rebuttals have EVGA answer my ticket with a fix. 

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/11 20:25:20 (permalink)
owcraftsman 
I'm glad some were helped, but the bios in the OP won't flash to my FTW3.

What error are you receiving? 
tech73x
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 166
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 06:54:46 (permalink)
Sadly, we have came to the day when speaking with your wallet is the only way you are heard. I personally have owned 3 evga cards, 2 motherboards, 2 or 3 power supplies, 2 cases, etc etc. My next card will be straight from Nvidia, not only for more waterblocks to be available but more to the point that when someone spends this kind of hard earned money on a "hobby for most of us" they are to be taken care of and not lied to. Terrible to see things like this happen, this is what loses you customers.
tech73x
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 06:55:38 (permalink)
And a bios from an outside source is a band-aid and not an official fix. Remember this thread when the next gens come out,
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 08:46:58 (permalink)
mark_thaddeus
ty_ger07

I have a problem with it. Other people have a problem with it. The OP is long gone. That is the worst stance you could take. Just because the author has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter doesn't mean that this community has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter. Quit making excuses. You never had permission to edit the OP in the first place. It is not a matter of discussion. You have exceeded the bounds of your role far beyond what anyone here would consider acceptable. If you quit looking it as a means to an end and start looking at it at face value, you altered someone's perfectly legitimate post with the sole intent of disseminating your view in a way no other person on this forum is able. It is an egregious abuse of power which no one should stand for. If the solution you present is so important to you, split your view from the OP, create a new thread, and sticky it. That's what EVGA employees and responsible representatives of EVGA do.

Well, this is too bad. I guess EVGA has decided to be a coward and let moderators do whatever they want because it is just way easier than fessing up about the issue and creating more unwanted publicity in a sticky post. Cowards.
Down with EVGA. Down with power-hungry moderators who abuse their power.
Moderators, from now on, please edit every one of my posts to reflect some conclusion which I didn't make. While you're at it, you should add as one of the terms for forum usage. "Moderators may change your post at any time for any reason, without warning, and make it appear that you have any opinion or view which suits their desires. In order to opt-out of this 'service', you must catch them in the act and explicitly, as the author, request that they remove their own words or opinions from your post."
It's bad for business, it makes customers mad, but what do you care? It makes one customer happy while angering three others. I am sure you'll figure it out eventually.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:06:31

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 11:00:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2018/10/20 20:58:32
Please see the following message that was posted on March 14th. This still applies today and unfortunately we are not able to provide an OFFICIAL BIOS that goes around the rules that are in place. This is not an EVGA only rule, ALL manufacturers must follow this:

There are several rules/guidelines that need to be followed on the way that NVIDIA graphics cards both read and use the power available on the card. This becomes even more complicated when you have multiple power inputs both drawing different amounts of power, and we are not permitted to ship a card and/or BIOS that goes around these rules or breaks them.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 11:16:52 (permalink)
ty_ger07
mark_thaddeus
ty_ger07

I have a problem with it. Other people have a problem with it. The OP is long gone. That is the worst stance you could take. Just because the author has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter doesn't mean that this community has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter. Quit making excuses. You never had permission to edit the OP in the first place. It is not a matter of discussion. You have exceeded the bounds of your role far beyond what anyone here would consider acceptable. If you quit looking it as a means to an end and start looking at it at face value, you altered someone's perfectly legitimate post with the sole intent of disseminating your view in a way no other person on this forum is able. It is an egregious abuse of power which no one should stand for. If the solution you present is so important to you, split your view from the OP, create a new thread, and sticky it. That's what EVGA employees and responsible representatives of EVGA do.

Well, this is too bad. I guess EVGA has decided to be a coward and let moderators do whatever they want because it is just way easier than fessing up about the issue and creating more unwanted publicity in a sticky post. Cowards.
Moderators, from now on, please edit every one of my posts to reflect some conclusion which I didn't make. While you're at it, you should add as one of the terms for forum usage. "Moderators may change your post at any time for any reason, without warning, and make it appear that you have any opinion or view which suits their desires. In order to opt-out of this 'service', you must catch them in the act and explicitly, as the author, request that they remove their own words or opinions from your post."
It's bad for business, it makes customers mad, but what do you care? It makes one customer happy while angering three others. I am sure you'll figure it out eventually.

I received a private message from the op, and he said he was fine with the changes I made, and would like to keep the op the way it is.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:00
mark_thaddeus
Superclocked Member
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 11:47:44 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Please see the following message that was posted on March 14th. This still applies today and unfortunately we are not able to provide an OFFICIAL BIOS that goes around the rules that are in place. This is not an EVGA only rule, ALL manufacturers must follow this:

There are several rules/guidelines that need to be followed on the way that NVIDIA graphics cards both read and use the power available on the card. This becomes even more complicated when you have multiple power inputs both drawing different amounts of power, and we are not permitted to ship a card and/or BIOS that goes around these rules or breaks them.

Then why market a FTW card or any other card that has an option to have power limits up to 127%? That is misleading and utter BS for buyers who spend hard earned money expecting a top of the line 1080 Ti to be gimped from the get go! 

Shouldn't I just get a refund for the price difference from a basic card since it basically performs like a standard card?
post edited by mark_thaddeus - 2018/06/12 11:49:55

4.6 Ghz 4790k - Z97I Plus - 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid - 16 GB HyperX Savage 2133 DDR3 -  Crucial MX500 1 TB - Seasonic SS 660XP Platinum
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 11:50:43 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

So, the card is defective due to an engineering mistake? Or is it falsely advertised? Neither is good.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 11:54:35 (permalink)
Sajin
ty_ger07
mark_thaddeus
ty_ger07

I received a private message from the op, and he said he was fine with the changes I made, and would like to keep the op the way it is.

Months later. Oh, congratulations. Good thing the OP is so clueless and empathetic. Everyone else knows what you did was wrong.

In case you didn't know, the problem is not fixed. An unapproved hack which technically can void your video card's warranty is a poor solution for a card which is either defective or falsely advertised.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:11

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 11:56:01 (permalink)
Flashing the video card with the fixed vbios won't void the warranty as long as the main vbios isn't altered. The FTW3 comes with dual vbios, so flashing the slave with the fix won't void the warranty.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:20
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:00:59 (permalink)
Sajin
Flashing the video card with the fixed vbios won't void the warranty as long as the main vbios isn't altered. The FTW3 comes with dual vbios, so flashing the slave with the fix won't void the warranty.

Duh. And if you already flashed the other BIOS with something else? Or you flash both BIOS positions? Or don't know what you are doing? Or don't read thoroughly? As stated "can void" and "is either defective or falsely advertised" in the words of EVGA.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:33

petmic10
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 333
  • Ribbons : 2
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:01:00 (permalink)
For the record, I had no issue with what Sajin did. I'm actually grateful. It fixed my power limit issue.

Thanks again Sajin.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:43

i7 6700K(4.5GHz), Noctua NH-D15S, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaw V Series(DDR4), EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid, MSI Z170A XPower Titanium Edition MB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, Samsung 860 Pro M2 512gb,  Ben Q 32" BL3200PT 1440P Monitor, Windows 10, EVGA 850W P2 Power Supply, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Case

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:01:29 (permalink)
petmic10
For the record, I had no issue with what Sajin did. I'm actually grateful. It fixed my power limit issue.

Thanks again Sajin.

No problem. 
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:07:59
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:22:10 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Sajin

Duh. And if you already flashed the other BIOS with something else? Or you flash both BIOS positions? Or don't know what you are doing? Or don't read thoroughly? As stated "can void" and "is either defective or falsely advertised" in the words of EVGA.

If you've already flashed the master with another vbios that isn't the original it's suggested you restore the master back to its original condition. If you accidentally flash both vbioses just make sure you flash the master vbios back to the original before sending it in for service. If the user already flashed the master with another vbios before reading this thread surely they know what they are doing.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:08:11
Wreck3r
  • Total Posts : 60
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:32:39 (permalink)
@ty_ger07 Man, you really are one bitter, ungrateful... forum user.

I was one of those that managed to get the ball rolling in this case (although there were multiple OPs that reported the same thing, but in the end the user gave up easily). I gathered data, opened a support case and insisted that there was a problem with the bios not the card itself, against some nay sayers. When I saw that more dedicated forum members got implicated in this matter, I tended to irl activities and only took a peek once a month or so. I haven't even installed the BIOS fix due to time constraints, although Sajin informed me that the community managed to source this out.

I believe that EVGA falsely promoted this product and now throws the blame on NVidia restrictions (which they new of from the beginning).
This is a fix, nonetheless, a community one indeed (with EVGA in the shadows due to NVidia policy), which does not void the warranty.

Don't diminish the effort of those users that fought for this so we can have a higher power limit. I don't think other GPU manufacturers or communities would have done the same.

Cheers and be respectful.

PS: Yes, I agreed with the OP modifications. They are useful and a lot of time was consumed to create it. If you have a problem with it, return your card for false advertisement and change manufactures. That is the only way to be sure that EVGA listens.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:08:20
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 12:53:51 (permalink)
Wreck3r
@ty_ger07 Man, you really are one bitter, ungrateful... forum user.

I was one of those that managed to get the ball rolling in this case (although there were multiple OPs that reported the same thing, but in the end the user gave up easily). I gathered data, opened a support case and insisted that there was a problem with the bios not the card itself, against some nay sayers. When I saw that more dedicated forum members got implicated in this matter, I tended to irl activities and only took a peek once a month or so. I haven't even installed the BIOS fix due to time constraints, although Sajin informed me that the community managed to source this out.

I believe that EVGA falsely promoted this product and now throws the blame on NVidia restrictions (which they new of from the beginning).
This is a fix, nonetheless, a community one indeed (with EVGA in the shadows due to NVidia policy), which does not void the warranty.

Don't diminish the effort of those users that fought for this so we can have a higher power limit. I don't think other GPU manufacturers or communities would have done the same.

Cheers and be respectful.

PS: Yes, I agreed with the OP modifications. They are useful and a lot of time was consumed to create it. If you have a problem with it, return your card for false advertisement and change manufactures. That is the only way to be sure that EVGA listens.

It sets a very bad precedent. Unpaid volunteer mods should not be editing or modifying posts ever, except for TOS violations no matter how useful you believe they are (the OP saying okay AFTER the fact is irrelevant)
Also, claiming this is in fact a fix, is factually wrong. It is in fact a unofficial workaround for a defective (as advertized by EVGA) product, period. So, we in fact have a mod changing the title of a post to a lie.
This is all separate from  the actual issue of the defective EVGA product and the time and effort others went to at least bring attention to and get a WORK AROUND, not a FIX.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:08:31

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Wreck3r
  • Total Posts : 60
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 13:05:35 (permalink)
He already asked for my permission the first time around and we were in contact after that. If I did the modifications it would have changed nothing but attribute the effort to me which is incorrect.

This fix is from EVGA as stated multiple times but due to Nvidia policy they can't publicly issue it.

I agree that they are at fault with false advertising and they should not be let off the hook so easily. You are entitled to return the card and get your money back, but I don't think you can get more than that.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:08:42
mark_thaddeus
Superclocked Member
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 15:07:49 (permalink)
Wreck3r
He already asked for my permission the first time around and we were in contact after that. If I did the modifications it would have changed nothing but attribute the effort to me which is incorrect.

This fix is from EVGA as stated multiple times but due to Nvidia policy they can't publicly issue it.

I agree that they are at fault with false advertising and they should not be let off the hook so easily. You are entitled to return the card and get your money back, but I don't think you can get more than that.

That's the problem, we can't get back our money anymore, so it's not as easy a fix as you say. I would if I could with this card, but I found out about the issue after 30 days of playing, testing, and going through the forums (I also don't spend everyday with my GPU as I have work and a a life). As for my next card, it won't be EVGA. You know what, I was supposed to buy a board and PSU from EVGA but that's changed too. I'm going back to Seasonic for my PSU (never had any issues with them and their high end stuff aren't falsely advertised) and ASUS for my MOBO as none of my Maximus boards have ever had issues (plus I got official BIOS updates).
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:08:52

4.6 Ghz 4790k - Z97I Plus - 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid - 16 GB HyperX Savage 2133 DDR3 -  Crucial MX500 1 TB - Seasonic SS 660XP Platinum
tech73x
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 15:21:52 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

One simple question regarding this response. Why then was a GPU advertised to go to 127% power knowing that it would not, so Nvidia is at fault here then is what I am understanding from this?
tech73x
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 15:23:55 (permalink)
Actually one more, was it EVGA or Nvidia that stated this card on slave bios can go to 127%. The only reason I ask is the Founders 1080ti's never advertised they could go to 127%, only EVGA's FTW3 cards did? Am i missing something?
mark_thaddeus
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 15:29:28 (permalink)
tech73x
Actually one more, was it EVGA or Nvidia that stated this card on slave bios can go to 127%. The only reason I ask is the Founders 1080ti's never advertised they could go to 127%, only EVGA's FTW3 cards did? Am i missing something?

NVidia never claimed that it could go to 127% as their FE card only went to 117%. 

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op) 2018/06/12 16:03:31 (permalink)
Wreck3r
He already asked for my permission the first time around and we were in contact after that.

Someone is lying.

Wreck3r
I haven't even installed the BIOS fix due to time constraints, although Sajin informed me that the community managed to source this out.

You haven't even tested the "solution" in months and months but have agreed for the admin, many months ago, to mark the complaint as fixed? Right on! That's just comical on top of the fact that EVGA themself has admitted that the issue is an engineering defect which is unfixable by any approved methods. A hack/workaround should not fit the same definition as a fix.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/06/15 11:09:01

tech73x
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 16:08:21 (permalink)
mark_thaddeus
tech73x

NVidia never claimed that it could go to 127% as their FE card only went to 117%. 

Exactly, I think that is what is at the core of this. If you make or take something and say it will do X, and market it that way. It damn well better do X, or you have some explaining to do other than passing the buck to the parent company and the rules they have had in place for sometime now. It just puts a bad taste in your mouth, you know
tech73x
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/12 16:09:31 (permalink)
Just not good business, I have said my peace now I shall step aside.
ThrashZone
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/15 06:06:21 (permalink)
Hi,
Not ideal but as stated many times talk to nvidia they are the problem

Advertising by evga well frankly I didn't even notice the little bios switch for a year or what the heck it did :D

My first build,
Case 450D/ ASUS Sabertooth X99/ 5930k with EK mono block / Water loop EK 280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump res combo before rads and D5 top after / Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb/ EVGA 1000 P2/ EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with EK copper water block.

2nd build,
Case D450/ ASUS x299 Prime Deluxe/ i9-7900x delidded with EK mono block/ Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8gb/ Water loop EK-280p-GTX240 radiators with D5 pump-res combo before rads and D5 top after/ EVGA 1200 P2 / Titan Xp with EK water block.
kevindd992002
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/21 02:32:42 (permalink)
So how the heck can we get our money back for false advertising?
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2778
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/06/21 08:54:07 (permalink)
I was one of the "squeaky wheels" on this issue but am OK with how Sajin handled it.  No need to blow up on him.
EVGA advertised a feature that ended up not being possible due to the guidelines of NVIDIA, from what I understand.
Although IMO very poor business practice, it seems they were not able to provide the fix officially because of these guidelines.
So, the bios via Kingpin website was offered as a "work around" of these guidelines for people that wanted it.
Flashing the bios on the slave position will not void the warranty, and it does indeed work.

It is a fix because it fixes the issue.  The only difference is that it is from an unofficial source and not EVGA.
I don't understand the argument that it is not a fix at all.

In reality (my testing), there was very little benefit in going from 117% to 127%, at least for those of us on air cooling.  I barely notice it in benchmarks depending on ambient temp and for sure not at all in games.
What does rub me the wrong way is EVGA unpinning the thread, since it is usually standard for them to leave "fix" type threads pinned for anyone to easily find the info.

The result for me is that my card now works as advertised and I will definitely be wary of opting for the top of the line EVGA modified GPU vs the base model GPU in the future.
It sucks and EVGA made a mistake.
Beyond that, if that possible extra tiny amount of performance from the GPU is really important, flash the unofficial fix and be done with it.
Learn from the experience and speak with your wallet next time.  Don't buy the FTW, Classified, or similar EVGA modified GPU (or any EVGA product for that matter).

In my decade of experience with EVGA products, this type of issue is very rare and I usually receive exceptional customer service.

TwoEvilOne
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 716
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/07/09 18:13:13 (permalink)
I did the bios flash on my 6694 1080Ti ftw3 DT, but my card doesnt like it. it crashes on all bench marks as soon as it hits 2000MHz. I need to flash it back to stock 6694 bios but cant find them, now.
will some one save me from reading threw 34 pages, and give me some instructions to flash back to the stock slave bios. 
Thanks.

post edited by TwoEvilOne - 2018/07/09 22:31:44

Register your EVGA product with my affiliate code: LDCH3LNSPA
Check out my MODS RIGS view my system , and +1  TwoEvilOne's Stormbreaker .  Click here to become an EVGA elite member than an Associate. My 3090 Kingpin 3DMark Port Royal Score: 15,239[/alig
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: 1080 TI FTW3 watercooled Slave BIOS doesn't go over 117% (Issue has been fixed, see op 2018/07/09 18:29:36 (permalink)
TwoEvilOne
I did the bios flash on my 6694 1080Ti ftw3 DT, but my card doesnt like it. it crashes on all bench marks as soon as it hits 2000MHz. I need to flash it back to stock 6694 bios but cant find them, now.
will some one save me from reading threw 34 pages, and give me some instructions to flash back to the stock slave bios. 
Thanks.
EVGA CLC 280
EVGA 700B PS
Samsung EVO pro 970 512 GB M.2
WD 500 GB SSD

I can't find the original ftw3 dt vbios, so the best thing you could do would be to...

#1 Just run the master vbios, or...
#2 Slightly underclock the card while using the slave vbios.

If you're not happy with the above solutions you could contact evga, and ask them for the original slave .rom file.
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 34 of 39
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile