Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 208
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2014/04/18 18:20:38 (permalink)
RE: "Newegg Is Not Fully Aware of the Terms and Conditions of the Nvidia Free Daylight Game Promotion!"

Dear Fantastic EVGA Community,

Many of you on the "700 Series Forums" may have perused through my recent adventures of upgrading from my old 8800 GTX TRI-SLI setup to a single EVGA GTX Titan Black Superclocked Signature Edition, then SLI, and tomorrow, potentially, TRI-SLI.  However, not many are aware of the hassle I endured in securing the Nvidia Free Daylight Game Promotion.  Well, though I will do my best to keep this very long story as brief as possible, these proceedings have been a lengthy process that will most certainly result in an extensive story and explanation.  But trust me, this needs to exposed and is a MUST READ for anyone who purchased a video card eligible for Nvidia's Free Daylight Game Promotion through Newegg (and potentially any participating E-tailer, System Builder, Board Partner) starting on March 12, 2014.

As many of you are aware, last month, Nvidia launched a special promotion for the up-coming release of "Daylight".  The promotion details a free download copy of "Daylight" with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS stating: "This offer is available for GeForce® GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 690, 760, 770, 780, 780 Ti or TITAN graphics cards only. The promotion starts on the 12th March and is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only. Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included. Additional terms and conditions may apply."

Now, if any of these specific details involve you, READ ON.  Unfortunately, all others are NOT eligible.  However, please do read on for further knowledge should this situation arise for you with Newegg or any other authorized retail partner in the future.

I was well aware that Nvidia and AMD often launch promotions with newly released products.  The recent release of Nvidia's GTX Titan Black was no exception and as such, I was well aware of the "Daylight" promotion upon deciding to shop for the GTX Titan Black.  After weeks of research and prospecting both before and after launch, I was finally able to locate stock of the EVGA Titan Black Superclocked Signature Edition via Newegg.  I quickly took action, added to cart, and checked out without identifying the inclusion of Nvidia's Daylight Promotion on the Newegg page.  However, I was well aware that this was Nvidia's flagship video card (before the announcement of Titan-Z) and thus, the Titan Black is eligible for the Nvidia "Daylight" Promotion.  After checkout, I returned to the product page, which at this point was already sold out and found no information regarding the inclusion and/or eligibility for Nvidia's "Daylight" Promotion.  Nonetheless, I "assumed" that Newegg would fulfill the promotion without issue, as Newegg is clearly identified as an authorized "E-tailer" for both the Titan Black and "Daylight" Promotion.

After receiving shipping information regarding my order, I quickly identified that the free "Daylight" game was not included in the shipping invoice.  Thus, I proceeded to contact Newegg.  I spoke with a courteous and polite Newegg CSR, to whom I explained the situation.  She apologized for the inconvenience and confusion and was able to oblige to the promotion per my clear explanation of the eligibility terms and conditions, all of which, my purchase had met.  Before ending our conversation, she promised to e-mail me with information regarding the fulfillment of the "Daylight" Promotion, which I received shortly after, along with an invoice and tracking number.  I eventually received the "Daylight" Promotion coupon two days after receiving my first GTX Titan Black Superclocked Signature Edition.

Unfortunately, the first GTX Titan Black Superclocked Signature Edition arrived with damaged retail packaging.  Initially, upon receiving and lifting up the package from FedEx, I quickly noticed a shift of weight inside the shipping box to one side, alluding to a large open area which was not well secured with packing medium.  Thus, the retail package was in fact moving/sliding within the shipping box almost 6-12 inches allowing movement of the item to hit the internal sides of the shipping box.  Essentially, the shipping box was too large for the item and was not packed with enough packing medium.  Due to the sliding, the front of the retail packaging was scuffed to a fairly noticeably degree, the corners were bent and one particular corner had a tear as a result of continual shifting and hitting during the shipping and handling process.  I understand that some may rationalize that its ONLY retail packaging, but to me, it is a $1,100 investment.  I demand high standards in terms of condition when I make any purchase, and more so with high value purchases.  Though extremely difficult, patience and better judgment refrained me from opening the item until I was able to notify Newegg of the condition and receive further instructions.  I called Newegg Customer Service who then politely transferred me to their RMA department.  I spoke with an RMA representative who then eventually forwarded me to a CSR Support Agent (supervisor).  I explained to her the situation and was cordial and polite in granting me an RMA, however, I explained to her the dilemma as the EVGA GTX Titan Black Superclocked Signature Editions are extremely difficult to find and secure.  She explained, that unfortunately, there was no way for the RMA department to "hold" or "secure" an item for me that was not currently in stock in their system, thus, I only had two options: (1) return the item for an RMA/refund, or, (2) hold on to the unit for up to 30 days until more arrive in stock.  She did however inform me that more stock had been ordered and were due to arrive within the next week from EVGA.  Unfortunately, the only way to secure a replacement is to order a second unit which would then equate to a "temporary" $2,200 investment.  She did however allow me to open the item for inspection and testing to ensure the proper functionality and overall condition of the items inside.  She also accommodated me with a promise of no restocking charge upon RMA to be noted on my account and emailed me with her contact information should any questions and/or concerns arise.

Approximately one week later, the next shipment of GTX Titan Black Superclocked Signature Editions arrived and once again became available for purchase.  I quickly added to cart, made payment and finalized the other.  Again, there was no mention of the Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion and displayed no option to include the free game.  I did not want to delay the order for risk of losing the opportunity to secure a replacement, so I went ahead with the purchase.  I e-mailed the CSR who granted me the first "Daylight" coupon and explained to her the entire situation.  Though seemingly more "annoyed", she reluctantly approved the second coupon, (which after two weeks I still have not received) and continued to further explain that Newegg does not grant promotional items if not specifically detailed on their product's webpage.  She almost insinuated that she was doing me a favor by obliging to the offer again, to which, I quickly rebutted and outlined the terms and conditions of the Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion and included the appropriate links to Nvidia and EVGA as evidence.  I continued to explain that either one of two scenarios are occurring: (A) Nvidia is falsely advertising Newegg's participation as an authorized E-tailer with this promotion (highly unlikely), or, (B) Newegg is not fulfilling their responsibility in granting eligible customers their rightly due promotional content (more likely).  I explained that Newegg needs to update their product pages regarding eligible items for the Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion and if left uncorrected, more customers are likely to complain and request for fulfillment of the promotion as a result of Newegg's error.

A few days later, I did finally receive the second unit which arrived in perfect condition.  The original shipping box used by EVGA for shipment to Newegg was used and perfectly shaped.  Each shipment from EVGA arrives in bundles of three.  Obviously, two were removed in fulfilling my order and the empty volume was packed heavily with packing material.  This was the optimum condition for shipping and thus, the second unit arrived safely.  After inspection of all components and upon testing functionality of the second unit both individually and in SLI, I then decided to upgrade from a single TB:SS to SLI, which also meant that I needed to secure a third unit as a replacement for the first to be RMA'ed.

Another week had passed, and luckily, the TB:SS again became available.  I ordered a third unit and for the third time, the Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion was not included.  Thus, I attempted to again secure a third "Daylight" coupon, to which I received no compliance.  I mentioned that the promised 2nd game coupon was never shipped, to which, she apologized and reassured me would be shipped out immediately.  I also continued to explain that I purchased yet a third unit which would require the inclusion of the promotional offer.  To this, I received some resistance despite my clear explanations of Nvidia's terms and conditions with relevant links to Nvidia and EVGA.  She refused to comply and instead replied with what I concluded to be rude and unprofessional customer service.

The reply stated and I quote,

"On Apr 17, 2014, at 11:35 AM, "XXXXX.X.XXXXX (cs.usca01.Newegg)" &lt XXXXX.X.XXXXX@newegg.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,

We apologize for the inconvenience, however this is not the Newegg.com site and it is not offered on our site.  You may be able to contact EVGA or Nvidia for the item, however it Newegg is offering the free item it is listed on our site at time of purchase."

At this point, I am livid and replied with the following,

"XXXXX. I am extremely disappointed at how Newegg is dealing with my case. I simply do not understand why I must insist for fulfillment of a bundle clearly outlined by your vendor and video card manufacturer. If this is the case, after spending thousands of dollars with Newegg and to have to fight for free game software that I am clearly eligible to receive, I will go ahead and return all of my orders upon receipt of this final order. It is absolutely unacceptable that a software that does not cost Newegg anything would be so difficult to attain. Nvidia video cards much lower than mine are eligible for this software and per Nvidia's promotion, all cards above a specific series are eligible. I purchased not one, but THREE of their top of the line flagship cards! And to suggest to call EVGA or Nvidia regarding this matter is unacceptable as these were not purchased from them. And certainly, they will say the same and suggest to call the authorized retailer (Newegg). It is evident that Newegg is not complying with manufacturer's advertised and outlined promotion. If you were to research Nvidia's website regarding this promotion and where to purchase the bundle, Newegg is listed as an authorized retailer. If this is the case, either Nvidia is falsely advertising or Newegg is failing to comply. Nonetheless, I will go ahead and call your RMA department now and return all items. I will purchase directly from EVGA instead.

Sent from my iPhone"

This is unacceptable for many reasons and on many levels.

1. Nvidia is in agreement with Newegg and vice-versa in the compliance and fulfillment of this promotion!
2. I invested $3,300 and am rightfully owed software per the appropriate terms and conditions!
3. THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT COST NEWEGG ANYTHING!  IT IS PROVIDED BY NVIDIA!
4. I invested in not one, but THREE of Nvidia's flagship video cards and is clearly outlined to be included in the promotion's terms and conditions.  If other video cards below the TB:SS in class, series and price are eligible and include the promotional offer, why is the TB:SS not included?
5. I provided proof via Nvidia (technology supplier) and EVGA (board partner and supplier to Newegg)!
6. To suggest calling EVGA and/or Nvidia regarding this matter is ludicrous!  It is the equivalent of recommending me to go to Best Buy for an item purchased at Target!
7. Obviously, this is a matter requiring upper management investigation as Newegg's product page for the TB:SS and perhaps other video cards which are eligible, may not be included by Newegg, thus, require updating and inclusion.
9. I was insulted to the degree that after spending $3,300, to have to fight for free bundled software that cost Newegg nothing, am clearly eligible to receive and was made to feel as though the CSR was doing me a "favor" by obliging to provide two out of the three that are mandated for inclusion per the terms and conditions.
10. I would much rather return all three video cards and invest my money elsewhere with a company (EVGA) that will comply with clearly outlined promotional terms and conditions.

I understand that some may argue, "Dude, it is only free software."  No, it is not.  It is a matter of principle.  Having once worked for many years in retail, I am a firm believer in the statement, "The customer is king."  There are no "IFs, ANDs or BUTs about it."  This is more so, in my particular case, after investing $3,300 in a span of three weeks.  Also, this problem clearly goes far and beyond my situation and my seemingly unique circumstance.  If I am affected by Newegg's error to include this promotion with the TB:SS, then I am certain, there are many others affected as well.  In fact, I have read other member's threads here in the EVGA forums of orders with Newegg clearly eligible for the Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion, who have not received their bundled software and whose eligibility has not been fulfilled.  Many simply did not bother because they are unwilling to deal with the BS and others are clearly dissatisfied.  I did read of one particular member's presence of mind during a recent purchase via Newegg to manually include the promotion after noticing that the promotion was not automatically included in the cart.  Apparently, though a price was shown at the promotion's page, when added with an eligible video card in the cart, the promotion's price is changed to FREE within the cart and upon checkout.  I have also suggested to some members to contact Newegg regarding this matter as I did.

Initially, I decided to return all three video cards to Newegg, but instead of dealing with the CSR or a representative with the RMA department who may not have the authority or the knowledge regarding this discrepancy, I decided to deal with the RMA supervisor I initially spoke with weeks ago regarding the RMA of the first video card.  After multiple attempts and an hour on hold, I did finally get in contact with her.  As a supervisor, she oversees many calls and is quite difficult to reach.  I explained to her the entire situation, recalling our initial conversation and agreement regarding the first video card to be RMA'ed.  I explained the entire proceedings emphasizing particular details including the CSR's unprofessional and insulting reply, my desire at this point to simply return all three video cards and purchase elsewhere, but most importantly, the underlying problem regarding Newegg's lack of full compliance with the promotion.  I provided proof of the CSR's reply, relevant links to Nvidia and EVGA regarding the promotional offer which both included the model number of the TB:SS as being eligible for the offer.  I explained my discontent of having to essentially "beg and fight" for software that is to be rightfully included with the purchase of select Nvidia video cards.  I explained to her that I expect not only a mandatory level of professionalism, but after being essentially insulted after investing $3,300 in three weeks with Newegg and having to "pull teeth" for software that does not cost Newegg a penny, at this point, I expect more than a standard level of professionalism, I required compensation and/or accommodation.  Otherwise, I must return all items as an act of principle.

Needless to say, she was severely apologetic.  She agreed that the CSRs reply was unacceptable and to suggest dealing with Nvidia and EVGA regarding this matter is non-sense.  She explained that it is similar to pushing away a customer by directing the problem to non-responsible parties.  It is a way to basically "rid" of a problem that the CSR had no desire to attempt to correct.  She confirmed that there is definitely a problem with Newegg's compliance regarding this promotion and assured me that she will investigate and escalate the problem to upper management.  I am certain that she would not be happy with having to RMA $3,300 in merchandise, thus, she asked me how she could "compensate" and/or "appease" the situation.  I told her, it is not my intention to take business away from Newegg, as I have always had excellent experience with Newegg in the past, but I was in fact dissatisfied and insulted by the service or lack thereof that I received with the previous CSR.  I explained to her that I chose to speak with her first about this situation, rather than automatically RMA'ing all of my orders with another representative as I felt this is a larger and more complex problem that imposes an effect and impacts others far beyond the confines of my three orders.  Again, in a severely apologetic manner, she continued to thank me for making her aware of this matter and again assured me that she would notify upper management regarding this error with the hopes of updating the affect product pages.

Lastly, I explained to her that I am part of the EVGA forums and that EVGA is Newegg's supplier for the TB:SS.  I continued to explain that if EVGA (Newegg's supplier and Nvidia's Board Partner) is compliant with Nvidia's promotion, why is Newegg (Nvidia's Authorized E-Tailer) failing to comply?  To this, she had no answer but fully agreed that there exists a severe discrepancy.  I explained to her that many others are affected by Newegg's non-compliance with Nvidia's promotion.  I explained to her that I would share the proceedings of this experience with Newegg with the EVGA community and that a potential influx of calls from other eligible customers may occur.  My point here is not to stir trouble, but to make a difference in exposing Newegg's lack of compliance regardless of the trouble.  Sure, not many would trouble themselves over free software.  Unfortunately, this is the innate problem with only thinking and/or caring about oneself.  I am the type of individual that tries to think outside of the box.  If I am affected by this discrepancy, it is safe to assume that I am not a solitary, isolated incidence.  Thus, with a bit of persistence, much good came out of my situation.  She graciously compensated and accommodated me for the troublesome experience and now, the problem has been exposed and escalated for others who may be dealing with the same situation.  If you have been affected by Newegg's non-compliance, do not delay, get in contact with Newegg and provide the evidence from Nvidia and EVGA.

I TRULY HOPE SOME GOOD FOR OTHERS WILL COME FROM THE TROUBLE!  BEST WISHES!  MANY THANKS FOR READING!

- T3KN1KA -
post edited by IMPORTEKNIKAICR - 2014/04/18 18:56:23

Attached Image(s)

CPU: Intel i7-5930K | Corsair H115i Platinum | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 X99 | RAM: 128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N | DISPLAY: 3x LG 4K 32" | CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos C700M | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1600 T2

52 Replies Related Threads

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:15:46 (permalink)
    So you buy $2000 worth plus of hardware and go thru all that for a game code...
    And --the whole time-- you HAD the first Daylight code only a few days after the first card arrived?

As is clearly stated at Nvidia  http://www.geforce.com/ga.../daylight/bundle 
    "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included."

Since your OWN screenshot and comments PROVE that no such description was offered at the time of purchase...
    Newegg -did- do you a favor by sending you one....

SO YOU BOUGHT A CARD -and- GOT A CODE

--->That should have been the end of this entire thing
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And leave EVGA out out this whole mess YOU created.....
    EVGA's offer clearly states that you MUST purchase the card from the EVGA.COM site to obtain the Daylight coupon
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00828/
    Since you bought everything at Newegg, EVGA has nothing to do with your problem!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you had obtained a Daylight code with your very first card bought...
    this WHOLE business appears to be you wanting extra codes to sell as nobody needs more than one.

REALLY?
    This whole thread over your NOT paying attention (no code offer was listed on the card you bought) and demanding extra codes...when you already got one?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we have here is YOU having problems with understanding promotional offers
    If getting all these extra codes was important to you, you SHOULD NOT have purchased them from Newegg since THEY WERE NOT OFFERED on the page you bought your cards on at Newegg.
    You simply bought the cards because they were in stock and then PUSHED thru getting a code-->which you got.
    You deserve NOTHING else and Newegg DID YOU A FAVOR

Next time you want a promotional game code, make sure its SHOWING on the purchase page.
    If its not and you go ahead and buy it, then thats your fault.

Jezz bro... mighty cheap if you ask me 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 19:44:56

Attached Image(s)

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:41:26 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    So you buy $2000 worth plus of hardware and go thru all that for a game code...
    And --the whole time-- you HAD the first Daylight code only a few days after the first card arrived?

As is clearly stated at Nvidia  http://www.geforce.com/ga.../daylight/bundle 
    "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included."

Since your OWN screenshot and comments PROVE that no such description was offered at the time of purchase...
    Newegg -did- do you a favor by sending you one....

SO YOU BOUGHT A CARD -and- GOT A CODE

--->That should have been the end of this entire thing

EVGA's offer clearly states that you MUST purchase the card from the EVGA.COM site to obtain the Daylight coupon
    Since you bought everything at Newegg, EVGA has nothing to do with your problem

Since you had obtained a Daylight code with your very first card bought...
    this WHOLE business appears to be you wanting extra codes to sell as nobody needs more than one.

REALLY?
    This whole thread over your NOT paying attention (no code offer was listed on the card you bought) and demanding extra codes...when you already got one?

Perhaps you need to read the original post more thoroughly and actually comprehend the details.  This has absolutely nothing to do with acquiring more codes than what is duly owed to me.  In fact, how dare you assume that I would turn around and resell them?  Did you ever care to think that I would perhaps hand the extra codes to my family members?  If I pay $3,300 for 3 video cards, I sure as hell deserve the promotional offer explicitly detailed within Nvidia's terms and conditions.  It is "assuming" individuals like yourself that offer nothing but pessimistic skepticism of the intentions of individuals attempting to assist others.

Also, I never stated that EVGA had any function, responsibility and/or obligation regarding Newegg's compliance and/or lack thereof to the Nvidia promotion.  The point here is, if EVGA complies with Nvidia, why is Newegg non-compliant with ALL eligible video cards clearly denoted on Nvidia's website?  In fact, as stated in the aforementioned original post, I received confirmation from a supervisor at Newegg regarding the discrepancy.

In the future, please do read more thoroughly and note the original intention, rather than creating false assumptions and accusations.

CPU: Intel i7-5930K | Corsair H115i Platinum | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 X99 | RAM: 128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N | DISPLAY: 3x LG 4K 32" | CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos C700M | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1600 T2

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:45:09 (permalink)
    IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    maniacvvvSo you buy $2000 worth plus of hardware and go thru all that for a game code...And --the whole time-- you HAD the first Daylight code only a few days after the first card arrived? As is clearly stated at Nvidia  http://www.geforce.com/ga.../daylight/bundle "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." Since your OWN screenshot and comments PROVE that no such description was offered at the time of purchase...Newegg -did- do you a favor by sending you one.... SO YOU BOUGHT A CARD -and- GOT A CODE --->That should have been the end of this entire thing---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EVGA's offer clearly states that you MUST purchase the card from the EVGA.COM site to obtain the Daylight couponSince you bought everything at Newegg, EVGA has nothing to do with your problem ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Since you had obtained a Daylight code with your very first card bought...this WHOLE business appears to be you wanting extra codes to sell as nobody needs more than one. REALLY?This whole thread over your NOT paying attention (no code offer was listed on the card you bought) and demanding extra codes...when you already got one?  

Perhaps you need to read the original post more thoroughly and actually comprehend the details.  This has absolutely nothing to do with acquiring more codes than what is duly owed to me.  In fact, how dare you assume that I would turn around and resell them?  Did you ever care to think that I would perhaps hand the extra codes to my family members?  If I pay $3,300 for 3 video cards, I sure as hell deserve the promotional offer explicitly detailed within Nvidia's terms and conditions.  It is "assuming" individuals like yourself that offer nothing but pessimistic skepticism of the intentions of individuals attempting to assist others. Also, I never stated that EVGA had any function, responsibility and/or obligation regarding Newegg's compliance and/or lack thereof to the Nvidia promotion.  The point here is, if EVGA complies with Nvidia, why is Newegg non-compliant with ALL eligible video cards clearly denoted on Nvidia's website?  In fact, as stated in the aforementioned original post, I received confirmation from a supervisor at Newegg regarding the discrepancy. In the future, please do read more thoroughly and note the original intention, rather than creating false assumptions and accusations.
    I agree with you but if you read his other posts elsewhere you'd understand it's a lost cause.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:51:43 (permalink)
    Since your OWN screenshot and comments PROVE that no Daylight promo code was offered at the time of purchase...

This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Even more so after Newegg gave you a code.

If you have any beefs, take it up with Nvidia....
    But since you posted (and screenshotted) that no code was offered on the purchase page, they are going to laugh at you.
    And they should....

You were in a big hurry to buy limited stock cards, because of THAT you screwed up. Nobodys fault but your own

And yeah, it appears mighty cheap when buying 3 Titans to demand codes which (by your own admission) you did not deserve

-->Since you bought your Titans from a page at NewEgg which DID NOT include a promo code offer. 
    post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 19:54:22

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:51:49 (permalink)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&N=100007709%20600030348&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1

The above Newegg link is a search filter of all Nvidia video cards.  There are a large number of Nvidia video cards with the included promotion.  However, the Titan Black, though clearly detailed within Nvidia's Terms and Conditions is not included.  Why?  Newegg is clearly an authorized E-tailer for Nvidia video cards and Daylight Promotion.

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 19:57:52 (permalink)
    IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&N=100007709%20600030348&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1

The above Newegg link is a search filter of all Nvidia video cards.  There are a large number of Nvidia video cards with the included promotion.  However, the Titan Black, though clearly detailed within Nvidia's Terms and Conditions is not included.  Why?  Newegg is clearly an authorized E-tailer for Nvidia video cards and Daylight Promotion.

Thats the point I am trying to make
    There was NO promo code offered, so you dont get one.... understand?

If these codes were so important to you, you should have bought them where a code was offered (officially) on the purchase page
    *as per Nvidia's terms ""Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." 

Newegg gave you one (Nice CS there) but now your throwing a fit for extra codes....

Daylight shows at Steam for $9.99

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 20:03:35

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:08:15 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    Since your OWN screenshot and comments PROVE that no Daylight promo code was offered at the time of purchase...

This whole thing is completely ridiculous. Even more so after Newegg gave you a code.

If you have any beefs, take it up with Nvidia....
    But since you posted (and screenshotted) that no code was offered on the purchase page, they are going to laugh at you.
    And they should....

You were in a big hurry to buy limited stock cards, because of THAT you screwed up. Nobodys fault but your own

And yeah, it appears mighty cheap when buying 3 Titans to demand codes which (by your own admission) you did not deserve

You truly make me laugh.  You absolutely missed the point of my lengthy original post.  If you choose to provide no substantial, constructive remarks, by all means, please see your way out of the thread.  Thanks.  

Also, why the hell would I take it up with Nvidia?  They created the promotion, made an agreement with their partners for compliance with the promotion and distributes the promotional coupons to their authorized E-tailers (Newegg, Amazon, NCIX, TigerDirect), System Builders (Origin, etc.) and Board Partners (EVGA) and clearly, Newegg is not fully compliant as others are having the same problem.  The fact of the matter is, video cards including the TB:SS and others that are clearly eligible are not being fulfilled.  That is the point!  Sir, get your act together and understand the matter to its full extent.

Seriously, how can you even base a contradictory argument when, I received direct phone confirmation from a Newegg supervisor agreeing that there is a Newegg discrepancy requiring escalation to upper management so the affected product pages can be updated?  Hopefully, those individuals who are eligible and did not receive their promotional coupons can also be accomodated.

Lastly, do not start nonsensical and/or irrelevant arguments based on assumptions.

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:14:43 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    IMPORTEKNIKAICR

Thats the point I am trying to make
    There was NO promo code offered, so you dont get one.... understand?

If these codes were so important to you, you should have bought them where a code was offered (officially) on the purchase page
    *as per Nvidia's terms ""Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." 

Newegg gave you one (Nice CS there) but now your throwing a fit for extra codes....

Daylight shows at Steam for $9.99

Haha.  Extra codes?  What extra codes?  Sir, this is basic arithmetic.  Three video cards eligible for the promotion denotes three promotional codes.  What extra codes do continue to see and speak of?  Please understand that this can be explained in a basic 1:1 ratio.  Thus, a 1:1 ratio in this particular situation involving 3 video cards and 3 promotional items equate to a 3:3 ratio.  I can also explain this by way of inverse ratios and simple dimensional analysis if you would like.

By the way, it appears that you are in Orlando, Florida.  So am I.  Perhaps you would like for me to personally explain this to you with pictures and a diagram to enhance your comprehension of simple business advertisement compliance, terms and conditions and the logistics of Nvidia's retail partnership and distribution.  I can also sequence the aforementioned events to its entirety via a structured ladder and provide a free session of basic math over a cup of coffee.  I mean honestly, if you read my original post to its entirety, most individuals wit decent reading comprehension can understand the main focal points.  I understand, I do have a tendency to speak and/or type in a higher degree of context and vocabulary.  This is what happens when you actually care about grammar, spelling and writing composition.  Unless, reading paragraphs containing more than 4-5 sentences just does not jive with your attention span.  Seriously, PM me if interested.  We can make this happen.
    post edited by IMPORTEKNIKAICR - 2014/04/18 20:31:13

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:24:07 (permalink)
    The only discrepancy, is you bought cards off a page that did not offer a promotion.
    As clearly stated "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." 

By your own admission and screenshots: No promo code was offered on the product page you bought from.
    ---------------------------------------

The link you just posted
    *Shows that the Titan Blacks do NOT include the promo game code.

If the Promo code offer is not on the purchase page (as shown below) you should not expect to receive one

As I posted before, if you have a problem with this Nvidia Promo offer, then you need to contact Nvidia
    As is often the case with such promo's they DO NOT apply to everything everywhere and there is fine print....
    Like "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included."

If you disregard the details, do not complain when things dont go your way. You were in a big hurry and made assumptions...
    That was YOUR mistake

+1 for NewEgg giving you a Daylight code, that was very nice of them.

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 20:36:58

Attached Image(s)

CSPlayer089
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:33:16 (permalink)
    Yeah the promotion doesn't apply for those cards. So............yeah. /thread.

AsRock Z490 Taichi
    Intel Core i9 10900k 
    Gigabyte AORUS 3080Ti Master 12GB
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2 PSU
    32GB (4x8GB) Mushkin Redline Lumina DDR4-3600
    Creative Labs Soundblaster X G6 USB DAC/Sound Card
    EK Basic AIO 360 w/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 Redux
    WD Black SN850 1TB SSD
    Phanteks Enthoo 719 full tower case 
    ASUS PG32UQ G-Sync Monitor
    Hyper X Alloy Elite Keyboard
    HyperX Pulsefire Dart/Steelseries QcK Mass mousepad
    Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:39:13 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    The only discrepancy, is you bought cards off a page that did not offer a promotion.
    As clearly stated "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." 

By your own admission and screenshots: No promo code was offered on the product page you bought from.
    ---------------------------------------

The link you just posted
    *Shows that the Titan Blacks do NOT include the promo game code.

Haha.  Dude.  Is there something seriously wrong with your level of comprehension?  What part of, "Newegg is not fulfilling the promotion to the full extent of Nvidia's terms and conditions" do you not understand?  By the way, thanks for providing the obvious.  We understand that some Nvidia video cards through Newegg include the promotion.  However, now read this very carefully, Titan Blacks are part of the Nvidia promotion, but Newegg made a "boo-boo" by not including it, when in fact it should be.  Understand?  You seriously make my brain hurt from the low level of comprehension.  PLEASE!  READ THE ORIGINAL POST TO ITS ENTIRETY.  Do not skim, do not skip parts, do not scroll down to the end as most people who cannot maintain a decent attention span in order to read multiple sentence paragraphs or multiple-paged threads typically do, AS YOU WILL MISS IMPORTANT DETAILS.  I know, I know, it is fairly long and requires a fairly higher level of comprehension.  Welcome to the real world of graduate level reading and comprehension.

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:40:28 (permalink)
    CSPlayer089

Wow.  Another one who cannot read.  Awesome rebuttal.

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:50:50 (permalink)
    IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    CSPlayer089

It is you who cannot read

There was -NO- promotional code offered on the purchase page at NewEgg for the cards you bought.

You are beating a dead horse--> because you read that GTX 760's and higher were covered by the Daylight promotion...
    You made a blanket assumption that was incorrect.

The promo was NOT offered on the card you bought. (shown by your own screenshot)
    Nvidia offer states ""Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included."
    Had you bothered to READ THAT, you would understand all of this

and all of this over a $9.99 game... jezz

Quote: "AS YOU WILL MISS IMPORTANT DETAILS.."
    Yeah, you sure did. Like the box on the purchase page that says you get a code when you buy the card 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 20:56:27

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 20:58:28 (permalink)
    Oh, I guess Nvidia should pull New Egg from the "etailer" list. http://www.geforce.com/ga...-games/daylight/bundle

However, New Egg can just say, "or while supplies last."

Actually, I have to agree with Maniac on this one, "Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included." http://www.geforce.com/ga...-games/daylight/bundle Which, I now see he already posted. 

However, New Egg is always hit and miss with these promos for me, even when it is listed on the product page. I shop at New Egg as a last resort. 
    post edited by chrisdglong - 2014/04/18 21:02:47
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:03:32 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    Oh, I guess Nvidia should pull New Egg from the "etailer" list. http://www.geforce.com/ga...-games/daylight/bundle

He may have a valid beef with Nvidia, but he needs to contact Nvidia as its their promo.
    It appears he has already brought this matter up with NewEgg and the purchase page for his product still does not show a promo offer.
    If fact MANY cards are NOT showing codes......

This would lead one to think that the promo is based on moving Inventory for vendors, and certain cards may NOT be getting included.
    That would be highly normal -AND- as clearly stated in the Nvidia promo terms... 

So that would exclude any cards that did not have a promo offer

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:07:49 (permalink)
    10 dollar game... Meh. That wouldn't entice me enough to write that ridiculously long OP, let alone read it. In reality, it is really only ten bucks... You wouldn't even get that much for it by selling it... BTW, welcome to the world of video card promotions. I've had Fry's skimp out on the promotion many times, but they clearly tell you that they are out of the promo codes... The promo says, "while supplies last". These promos are never a sure thing. 
    iamSneaky
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 444
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:08:11 (permalink)
    Bud, maniacvvv is entirely correct.
    I read everything you posted, even your other thread and it is clearly stated here in the terms and conditions from nvidia that you posted.

"This offer is available for GeForce® GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 690, 760, 770, 780, 780 Ti or TITAN graphics cards only. The promotion starts on the 12th March and is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only. Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included. Additional terms and conditions may apply."

See where I have made the text larger, Offer is available from selected retailers only. If Newegg is 'selected' by Nvidia, that does not mean
    Newegg HAS to offer it and as it was clearly not stated on the Newegg's product page, they obviously were not offering it on that card.

I am amazed that you made such a hoopla over a $10 game let alone the time involved in doing so including the time you took to write this post.
    Sorry but this seems a bit Obsessive/Compulsive to me, I could think of a million better things to do with my time.

SS07:
    Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
    EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:19:45 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    CSPlayer089

It is you who cannot read

There was -NO- promotional code offered on the purchase page at NewEgg for the cards you bought.

You are beating a dead horse--> because you read that GTX 760's and higher were covered by the Daylight promotion...
    You made a blanket assumption that was incorrect.

The promo was NOT offered on the card you bought. (shown by your own screenshot)
    Nvidia offer states ""Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included."
    Had you bothered to READ THAT, you would understand all of this

and all of this over a $9.99 game... jezz

Quote: "AS YOU WILL MISS IMPORTANT DETAILS.."
    Yeah, you sure did. Like the box on the purchase page that says you get a code when you buy the card 

Way to go hero!  Thanks for backing him up, but I think he is a big boy and can fully support his own arguments and thought processes, if he so choose.  He does not need any of your non-sense making his statements look even more idiotic than they already are.

You sir, are what this world and society consider to be "sheep".  As you are easily herded and lead to believe anything and everything you see as "factual".  Others on the other hand are "shepherds" who help to direct individuals to proper insight and perspective.

So let me get this straight, just because Newegg says the promotion is not available (which it does not) or does not include a promotion on items that are fully eligible per Nvidia's terms and conditions, makes this right?  In other words, you are basically telling me and anyone else who has bought ANY AND EVERY NVIDIA VIDEO CARD ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROMOTION THROUGH NEWEGG WHO IS AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER AND DID NOT RECEIVE THEIR PROMOTIONAL ITEM, to essentially, "go screw yourself, you are $h1t out of luck?"

Hey listen to this everybody who bought an Nvidia card through Newegg and did not receive your promotional offer!  The great and mighty, "maniacvv" with his almost 10,000 posts full of all-encompassing wisdom says to "suck it up and give Newegg a mulligan!"  Go buy through another authorized retailer.  Yeah.  I do not believe that is any way of making friends with a WHOLE lot of people who have bought Nvidia video cards through Newegg by essentially saying they should "eat it."

I do not care if it's $9.99 or $0.99.  It is a matter of principle.  Not sure if you read that in one of the paragraphs on my original post.  Obviously, you did not.  I get it though, maybe you are jealous of the 3 codes that I am fighting for which you automatically assumed I would resell.  Sure bro, I spent $3,300 on video cards to make $30 on promotional codes.  You are absolutely hilarious.  Do you want one?  Maybe this is why you are so hell-bent on protecting Newegg?

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:22:08 (permalink)
    iamSneaky
    Bud, maniacvvv is entirely correct.
    I read everything you posted, even your other thread and it is clearly stated here in the terms and conditions from nvidia that you posted.

"This offer is available for GeForce® GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 690, 760, 770, 780, 780 Ti or TITAN graphics cards only. The promotion starts on the 12th March and is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only. Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included. Additional terms and conditions may apply."

See where I have made the text larger, Offer is available from selected retailers only. If Newegg is 'selected' by Nvidia, that does not mean
    Newegg HAS to offer it and as it was clearly not stated on the Newegg's product page, they obviously were not offering it on that card.

I am amazed that you made such a hoopla over a $10 game let alone the time involved in doing so including the time you took to write this post.
    Sorry but this seems a bit Obsessive/Compulsive to me, I could think of a million better things to do with my time.

Oh is he now, alright, I will be sure to send the memo to everyone else who got screwed by Newegg on this promotion.  I will also be sure to send the memo to the Newegg supervisor who admitted to me that this is a Newegg discrepancy that needs to be escalated and investigated.

iamSneaky
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 444
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:28:04 (permalink)
    I'm pretty sure the CS manager just went along with you and agreed because as you stated, had spent over $3000
    on cards and who in their right mind would not forfeit a $10 game for $3000 in sales.
    Besides ... if it were me, I would have given the codes also just to get rid of the pedantic customer on the other end of the line lol

SS07:
    Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
    EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:28:36 (permalink)
    I have a pretty good solution for you... Don't shop at New Egg... I think, I already posted this solution in a non-direct manner though. 
    maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:30:21 (permalink)
    Nobody got screwed

If you bought a card AND the Promo code was offered on the purchase page, you got one if they had any left.
    Heck Newegg even gave YOU one and you didnt deserve it....

I give Newegg a +1 for giving you a daylight code

I give this entire thread a  due to the fact that the OP cannot read a purchase page or understand promo offers.
    Extra minus points to the OP for being quite mean to everyone, when it was only HIS MISTAKE that caused him problems in the first place.

You want to "try" and take advantage of a promo offer, make sure its showing on the purchase page -PERIOD-
    *and since you seem to have trouble understanding how these promos work, even if -IT IS- showing on the page they can still not send you one because they can say they ran out (they only get so many) or even give you one that is not valid (been reported) -and- often these promos are limited to just ONE per household (most often the case)...

post edited by maniacvvv - 2014/04/18 21:42:54

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9599
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:45:42 (permalink)

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:50:14 (permalink)
    maniacvvv
    Nobody got screwed

If you bought a card AND the Promo code was offered on the purchase page, you got one if they had any left.
    Heck Newegg even gave YOU one and you didnt deserve it....

I give Newegg a +1 for giving you a daylight code

I give this entire thread a  due to the fact that the OP cannot read a purchase page or understand promo offers.
    Extra minus points to the OP for being quite mean to everyone, when it was only HIS MISTAKE that caused him problems.

Pedantic?  No.  Not quite.  Some make it happen and others wait and hope for things to happen.  You sir are the latter.

to you for having no ability to debate on your own.  Did you bring your boys in to help support you on your non-sense?  While you were out herding your crew, I was reading PMs from members of this forum who know you as the troll who cries and report members to forum moderators.

So I get it, all of these participating retailers follow the terms and conditions and Newegg does not.  Go Newegg!  Obviously, Newegg has some fanboys and sheep here in the EVGA community.  The following companies below must all be doing something wrong by including the promotion with the GTX Titan Black along with other video cards when purchased through these retailers, that Newegg clearly does not.  However, Newegg does not have to follow Nvidia's terms and conditions.  Makes sense.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=94656&vpn=06G-P4-3791-KR&manufacture=eVGA
    http://www.avadirect.com/NVIDIA-Daylight-Bundle.htm
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/NVIDIA/DAYLIGHT/
    http://www.digitalstormonline.com/nvidia-daylight.asp
    http://www.falcon-nw.com/promo/daylight
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Site/Nvidia-Daylight
    http://www.maingear.com/NVdaylight/
    http://www.originpc.com/landing/nvidia-daylight-game-bundle/
    http://www.pugetsystems.com/landing/NVIDIA-Daylight-Bundle-3
    http://www.v3gamingpc.com/new/NVIDIA_Daylight.html
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00828/
    post edited by IMPORTEKNIKAICR - 2014/04/18 21:55:38

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
    Superclocked Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:53:16 (permalink)
    z3r0t0l0rence

Haha.  Glad you are enjoying the show!  

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:54:36 (permalink)
    ^^^ And here we go with the personal attacks!  TOS people!!!
    post edited by z3r0t0l0rence - 2014/04/18 21:55:37

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 21:58:16 (permalink)
    New Egg did follow the rules that Nvidia laid out. These promos are hit and miss. I once got three promo codes from Fry's for games that weren't even listed on the Nvidia website as included in the promo. Other times, I got no code at all... New Egg has been really hit and miss with codes. Sometimes, EVGA goes out of their way to give extra codes even if you aren't included in their current promo. All these promos are just an extra.... Would you have bought the cards anyway?
    _Nite_
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 19175
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 22:00:41 (permalink)
    thanks for the laugh guys, too funny

Gaming Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.25Ghz - Asrock B450 Pro 4 - 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000 - 240GB SSD (OS), 1TB ADATA SU800 SSD and 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M2 NVME (Games) - 8GB RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra - Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX - EVGA Supernova 750w G2 - Antec 302 - 24" Asus VG248QE

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: - MUST READ! Nvidia Free Daylight Promotion via Newegg! - 2014/04/18 22:03:52 (permalink)
    ok I have to chime in here just a sec....You spent 3k+ on gpu's for game codes? 
    post edited by z3r0t0l0rence - 2014/04/18 22:04:54

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile