EVGA

Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced

Author
The Gaige
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/17 13:16:47 (permalink)

Telltale games and Gearbox have teamed up to announce a partnership of Tales of the Borderlands at VGX

Affiliate Code: LII5FKZ0BP

7 Replies Related Threads

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/17 13:35:12 (permalink)
    Slightly old news. Plus considering how lackluster some of Telltale's games can be I wouldn't expect much from this collaboration.

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    • Total Posts : 19181
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/17 17:38:16 (permalink)
    As of late, Telltale is a saving grace in the gaming industry.  But a Borderlands game?  No thanks, gonna pass on this one.  I'll stick to their current series, call me back when their Game of Thrones game is almost out.  

Also, don't collaborations like this typically end up being disastrous? 

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/17 20:35:08 (permalink)
    I am not sure calling them a saving grace is a good idea. I can't see how anyone can get past the horrid writing in The Walking Dead. I tried to play that game. I tried to like it. The writing being so bad was too much to stand. A Wolf Among Us was not bad. Granted I have played only the first episode however I'll wait till the entire game comes out to get it all. Another game I tried to play but couldn't get into was that Back to The Future one. Just didn't care for the first episode nor could I see myself playing anymore of it.

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/18 06:14:56 (permalink)
    Killmur
    I am not sure calling them a saving grace is a good idea. I can't see how anyone can get past the horrid writing in The Walking Dead. I tried to play that game. I tried to like it. The writing being so bad was too much to stand. A Wolf Among Us was not bad. Granted I have played only the first episode however I'll wait till the entire game comes out to get it all. Another game I tried to play but couldn't get into was that Back to The Future one. Just didn't care for the first episode nor could I see myself playing anymore of it.

I've only played The Walking Dead season 1.  It's not the best writing in the world like many make it out to be, it has its cliche moments though it still tops the show and most other games with regards to writing (which isn't saying that much).  But their formula, their character development, the way they make their characters seem like they're really alive is some of the best out there.
    post edited by boredgunner - 2014/04/18 06:22:53

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/18 11:41:45 (permalink)
    boredgunner
    Killmur

I've only played The Walking Dead season 1.  It's not the best writing in the world like many make it out to be, it has its cliche moments though it still tops the show and most other games with regards to writing (which isn't saying that much).  But their formula, their character development, the way they make their characters seem like they're really alive is some of the best out there.

What truly showed how bad the writing is was when the reporter didn't know jack at all about inserting batteries into a radio. I already have some seen footage of season 2 and it looks so stupid.

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/18 12:30:59 (permalink)
    Killmur

What truly showed how bad the writing is was when the reporter didn't know jack at all about inserting batteries into a radio. I already have some seen footage of season 2 and it looks so stupid.

lol, really?  First of all, you must live in a smarter community than I do.  I see things like that all the time in real life, I deal with it every day.  It's stupid, yes, that's what Telltale intended.  It's also a realistic scenario unfortunately.  I was expecting you to point out some of the actual somewhat questionable writing decisions.  Sounds like you just have a stigma against Telltale.  I'm guessing you also think Tomb Raider and FC3 have great writing.
    post edited by boredgunner - 2014/04/19 09:50:11

_Nite_
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 19175
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale / Gearbox / 2K) Announced 2014/04/18 16:42:46 (permalink)
    Killmur
    boredgunner
    Killmur

lol my mom has trouble with little stuff like that, Yes it seems stupid to smart techie guys like us, but trust me its like that in real life for some people too.

Gaming Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.25Ghz - Asrock B450 Pro 4 - 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000 - 240GB SSD (OS), 1TB ADATA SU800 SSD and 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M2 NVME (Games) - 8GB RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra - Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX - EVGA Supernova 750w G2 - Antec 302 - 24" Asus VG248QE

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile