EVGA GTX570 SC Latest Bios??

Author
DEVILW0LF
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/17 04:36:35 (permalink)
Hi Guys,

Bit of a newbie here, so i bought my system back in 2011 and have had no issues apart from when i fist got the PC i would get random desktop crashes when playing games in DX11.
About a year or so later after some research i found out there there was a known issue with my  series of card and something to do with voltage and DX11.
I downloaded and done a Bios update that seemed to fix the DX11 issue on some games but not others.

However at least once an evening i  still get a crash to desktop with a message saying "Nvidia diver has stopped working".

Just wanted to know if you guys could give me some advice on whether or not  i need to update my bios again to try and fix this issue?, if so can you point me to the right bios link?

Just to let you know that i have never overclocked this Card so its standard and only seem to get this issue with DX11.

System.....

i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz
8GB Ram
MSI P67 GD65 MOBO
EVGA GTX 570 SC

Bios according to EVGA precision    70.10.49.00.75   (is this the latest Bios?)

Thanks guys

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA GTX570 SC Latest Bios?? 2014/04/17 06:48:30 (permalink)
    It sounds like you're having the Timeout Detection and Recovery error, or TDR error for short. Usually the problem is fixable, but the list of causes is long. I suggest taking a look at the first post in this thread over on the Nvidia forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/413110/geforce-drivers/the-nvlddmkm-error-what-is-it-an-fyi-for-those-seeing-this-issue/

In my experience, the most common fixes for TDR crashes are (in no particular order): Reverting to an older driver (314.22 for 600 series, 296.10 for 500 series cards; HD audio disable (see our FAQ - http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59211); Reducing overclocks or reverting to stock and manually setting your memory to stock speed and timings (1333Mhz for your 2500k) ; or Microsoft's Fixit for Win 7/Vista - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946 

Give those a try, and maybe some of the other suggestions from the Nvidia thread, and see if that helps at all.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    DEVILW0LF
    • Total Posts : 9
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA GTX570 SC Latest Bios?? 2014/04/17 06:58:15 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JaesonW
    It sounds like you're having the Timeout Detection and Recovery error, or TDR error for short. Usually the problem is fixable, but the list of causes is long. I suggest taking a look at the first post in this thread over on the Nvidia forums: 

In my experience, the most common fixes for TDR crashes are (in no particular order): Reverting to an older driver (314.22 for 600 series, 296.10 for 500 series cards; HD audio disable (see our FAQ - ); Reducing overclocks or reverting to stock and manually setting your memory to stock speed and timings (1333Mhz for your 2500k) ; or Microsoft's Fixit for Win 7/Vista -  

Give those a try, and maybe some of the other suggestions from the Nvidia thread, and see if that helps at all.

Thanks for your help : )
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile