EVGA GeForce GTX 680 100% Fan Speed

Author
greggveka
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/17 02:56:58 (permalink)
Hello,

I have an issue with my GTX 680 which I am still unable to solve and I believe you can help me. I have purchased my card about a year ago and started having these problems with the fan going 100% of its full speed continuously, after few months of using it. I tried many different things including changing my motherboard, but the issue was still at large. I have also tried to use the support in my country and the RMA located in Germany, but they weren't able to fix or even to notice the issue and eventually their work resulted only in damaging my original videocard box.

Why I am writing to you is because I have noticed something specific lately (due to reading the forum also). So I wasn't playing any games for a month (I wanted to "reset" my mind) and yesterday was the first day of playing again. So, I started and finished game called Bulletstorm (it's about 6-8 hours of play) and also had a look on Far Cry 3, but only for few minutes (both games fresh download via Steam). I only recall restarting or having the pc powered off for minutes only that day. Today in the morning I powered on the PC and the issue reappears. GPU fan goes full speed.

So, in the specific situation I have used the potential of the video card for a whole day, right? It finished pretty hot and started next day (after a night) being cold. What's important is that at this issue the fan is far more noisy then when using the potential of the card by playing a demanding set of games for many hours.

The problem would be fixed already probably by the support, but it's not because pulling out and in the card from the motherboard slot helps or doing the same with the power cables. So if they really don't make a proper test they won't even notice the situation and I assume they didn't do their work properly. It's not related to my hardware because the shop I bought it in was also able to notice the situation on a different set of hardware.

I am certain that I will never buy again any EVGA product. I have lost a lot of precious time and tested my patience by waiting for a month for my videocard to come back from the RMA without any good results. Have in mind that paying about 450 euros for the card and having all these issues is crazy from my point of view.

So tell me guys how to proceed in this situation? Now I only believe in having help from people like you (equals like me). It's my first time I am reporting this kind of a situation on a forum so I maybe there is something I didn't write here and I should, so do tell.

My specs are:
700W
MSI Z77 MPower
i7 2700k
16 GB 1866 DDR3 RAM
2x 128 SSD
ASUS Xonar Essence (audio)

3 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 100% Fan Speed 2014/04/17 03:21:31 (permalink)
    I am trying to see if I can maybe get you some assistance

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 100% Fan Speed 2014/04/17 08:00:53 (permalink)
    Hi Greggveka,

contacted you through email - please response to that one.

Thanks.

Regards,
    greggveka
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 100% Fan Speed 2014/04/17 09:23:35 (permalink)
    This was unexpected, I'll follow the instructions ASAP.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile