My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
AlphaNerd
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2507
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 09:38:41 (permalink)
RushXTC
JustinHEMI
Congratulations on your new car.

You don't have to justify it to anyone.

Enjoy.

Justin

Thank you, Justin! I'm not sure why I kept replying to all the negative feedback, I was just excited that I bought a new car, But guess not everyone wants to see other people happy. Really appreciate it!

AlphaNerd
Can I see a few side shots of the car ?  Please.

Very nice.......

Enjoy and thank you.

Fbmbirds
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3863
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 10:10:06 (permalink)
RushXTC
So I'm supposed to buy a car, Not because I like it, But because of the roots and the history of the company that made a certain car?

How does that make sense at all?

IDK i just think of KIA as like the Computer brand :Sparkle Computer and Brands like BMW as EVGA. Yea sure your paying for the name but you are also paying for the quality and customer service. Good job overpaying

srtie4k
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1589
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 10:28:12 (permalink)
Holo

Yeah a turbo 4 with 274 horse power and a curb weight of 3100 pounds yet a 15 second quarter mile means the car has no performance due to gearing for highway mileage. Nothing wrong with that but performance is lacking. Hence why I pointed the ZF transmissions in my last post as those things shift as fast as a dual clutch as far as a spirited driver goes(to a professional they'd still be slow.)

I don't doubt the car is quality but its not 41k quality. For 41k i have much better choices than an Optima, plain and simple. I am not bashing the OP, I genuinely couldn't care less about what he bought - it's his money he is spending. I am simply stating for that money, I feel there is much better value out there both from a quality, performance and luxury side of things.

You would also be a fool to ignore the badge on the car as the badge tells a story. The Z has heritage all over the world, the M badge and the 3 series are legendary accross the world. The G(subsequentely a skyline in japan, australia and some parts of Europe) carry a high lineage with them. Heck Mercedes has been around for over 100 years, and you'd be a fool to ignore that heritage. 

Heck Honda, and Toyota have been around for a while as well and have proven quality and reliability time and time again. Lexus carries a badge that is a testimatent to luxury and comfort.

What does Kia stand for? What does the brand stand for? Where to their roots come from? Exactly, they don't have any, they aren't know in Motorsport at all.

the Turbo model has a curb weight of almost 3400lbs.

Also, value is pretty subjective. Value to you might be the "prestige" of a badge with a stripped out interior, while to others it's a fully loaded top of the line model car for the same price. Value to me is the second option, not the first.

And please, the badge is nothing but an item used to pull buyers through the "lifestyle" approach to marketing. You buy your cars because you think they're superior to "lowly" Korean and American brands, which is a bunch of marketing BS perpetuated by ignorance and social status.

As for your "heritage" badges, the last Z (the 350Z) flew off the track every time someone tried to track it in stock form because of its OTS commuter brakes, the 300ZX was an unreliable pig, and all the previous Z's before that, aside from looking nice, were underpowered and not very reliable themselves. The M and 3 series, the so-called "driving machines", have gotten more bloated over the past several decades in trying to woo the young white collar demographic who traditionally bought them yet who increasingly don't care at all about actually driving them and only buy them for social status, your G35 is nothing but Infiniti's badge engineering of the 350Z, the G37 another badge engineered 370Z. Some heritage.

And Kia has only been building cars since 1986. 28 years for a major car company is not exactly a lot of time for them to get a massive foothold in every corner of the market, especially when it comes to sponsorship. Given that, they've come a LONG ways with their current models in such a short amount of time if you consider what they looked like a decade ago.

Lastly, Fbmbirds agreeing with you should make you pretty weary of your own conclusions.
post edited by srtie4k - 2014/01/07 10:31:45

Gaming Rig:
Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Steambox/HTPC:
Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5274
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 12:44:40 (permalink)
It is still funny that the Kia Optima is basically a Hyundai Sonata, yet the Hyundai is $10,000 less than the Optima. Yes, that interior seats look 'cool', but $10,000 cool?
Personally, I would have got a fully loaded Sonata... same motor, same transmission, same chassis, same warranty, little different style BUT a big chunk of money cheaper. BTW, I currently drive a 2007 Hyundai Sonata V6. With that said, I think I may go pick up a 2014 Audi S4 lease for $500/month this weekend(which is a $52,000 car---$10,000 more than the Kia Optima). AWD with a supercharged motor baby!!!
post edited by clo007 - 2014/01/07 13:06:24

Holo
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3328
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:07:48 (permalink)
srtie4k
Holo

Yeah a turbo 4 with 274 horse power and a curb weight of 3100 pounds yet a 15 second quarter mile means the car has no performance due to gearing for highway mileage. Nothing wrong with that but performance is lacking. Hence why I pointed the ZF transmissions in my last post as those things shift as fast as a dual clutch as far as a spirited driver goes(to a professional they'd still be slow.)

I don't doubt the car is quality but its not 41k quality. For 41k i have much better choices than an Optima, plain and simple. I am not bashing the OP, I genuinely couldn't care less about what he bought - it's his money he is spending. I am simply stating for that money, I feel there is much better value out there both from a quality, performance and luxury side of things.

You would also be a fool to ignore the badge on the car as the badge tells a story. The Z has heritage all over the world, the M badge and the 3 series are legendary accross the world. The G(subsequentely a skyline in japan, australia and some parts of Europe) carry a high lineage with them. Heck Mercedes has been around for over 100 years, and you'd be a fool to ignore that heritage. 

Heck Honda, and Toyota have been around for a while as well and have proven quality and reliability time and time again. Lexus carries a badge that is a testimatent to luxury and comfort.

What does Kia stand for? What does the brand stand for? Where to their roots come from? Exactly, they don't have any, they aren't know in Motorsport at all.

the Turbo model has a curb weight of almost 3400lbs.

Also, value is pretty subjective. Value to you might be the "prestige" of a badge with a stripped out interior, while to others it's a fully loaded top of the line model car for the same price. Value to me is the second option, not the first.

And please, the badge is nothing but an item used to pull buyers through the "lifestyle" approach to marketing. You buy your cars because you think they're superior to "lowly" Korean and American brands, which is a bunch of marketing BS perpetuated by ignorance and social status.

As for your "heritage" badges, the last Z (the 350Z) flew off the track every time someone tried to track it in stock form because of its OTS commuter brakes, the 300ZX was an unreliable pig, and all the previous Z's before that, aside from looking nice, were underpowered and not very reliable themselves. The M and 3 series, the so-called "driving machines", have gotten more bloated over the past several decades in trying to woo the young white collar demographic who traditionally bought them yet who increasingly don't care at all about actually driving them and only buy them for social status, your G35 is nothing but Infiniti's badge engineering of the 350Z, the G37 another badge engineered 370Z. Some heritage.

And Kia has only been building cars since 1986. 28 years for a major car company is not exactly a lot of time for them to get a massive foothold in every corner of the market, especially when it comes to sponsorship. Given that, they've come a LONG ways with their current models in such a short amount of time if you consider what they looked like a decade ago.

Lastly, Fbmbirds agreeing with you should make you pretty weary of your own conclusions.

No, I'd gladly own an american car, in fact I'd prefer several right now if given the choice. I would love a Corvette(z06, base c7, or ZR1,) I'd love an CTS V, an CTS V-sport,  etc. Note how every car I've mentioned is geared towards performance while luxury takes a backseat. The G, as correct as you are in the Z badge engineering, carries the skyline name in many places. Personally its just a G to ME.
Just understand that a badge is more than marketing, and people do treat you based on what you drive, from the party you pull up to, to the drive through you go to, to the coworker you go to lunch to. 41k is still a statement of how you are, and at 41k I'd enjoy a much better car. Heck thats used CTS V(low miles might I add), BMW M money, or even a well optioned Z06 Vette, or as the OP wanted a nice SRT8 challanger.
FYI the V, the M and the vette all get good gas mileage for what they are. Most of them get 20+ which to me is more than acceptable.

Fbmbirds
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:09:06 (permalink)
That is why I own a E30 M and a E36 M. Plus 2 E36 325is for daily drivers. All 4 cars way way under 40k

Fbmbirds
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:10:20 (permalink)
clo007
It is still funny that the Kia Optima is basically a Hyundai Sonata, yet the Hyundai is $10,000 less than the Optima. Yes, that interior seats look 'cool', but $10,000 cool?
Personally, I would have got a fully loaded Sonata... same motor, same transmission, same chassis, same warranty, little different style BUT a big chunk of money cheaper. BTW, I currently drive a 2007 Hyundai Sonata V6. With that said, I think I may go pick up a 2014 Audi S4 lease for $500/month this weekend(which is a $52,000 car---$10,000 more than the Kia Optima). AWD with a supercharged motor baby!!!

Again with the sensibility. Very good post 

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:15:20 (permalink)
700 a month? Someone is getting robbed. 
srtie4k
FTW Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:21:58 (permalink)
Holo

No, I'd gladly own an american car, in fact I'd prefer several right now if given the choice. I would love a Corvette(z06, base c7, or ZR1,) I'd love an CTS V, an CTS V-sport,  etc. Note how every car I've mentioned is geared towards performance while luxury takes a backseat. The G, as correct as you are in the Z badge engineering, carries the skyline name in many places. Personally its just a G to ME.
Just understand that a badge is more than marketing, and people do treat you based on what you drive, from the party you pull up to, to the drive through you go to, to the coworker you go to lunch to. 41k is still a statement of how you are, and at 41k I'd enjoy a much better car. Heck thats used CTS V(low miles might I add), BMW M money, or even a well optioned Z06 Vette, or as the OP wanted a nice SRT8 challanger.
FYI the V, the M and the vette all get good gas mileage for what they are. Most of them get 20+ which to me is more than acceptable.

If you want to compare your G35 to what everybody knows as a real Skyline (R32-R34), keep dreaming. The closest thing Nissan offers to those old cars is the GT-R. The G35/350Z are both watered down sports coupes that retained none of what makes the more famous Skylines extremely sought after.

Next, people who treat others based on what they drive are extremely shallow and materialistic, and not people I'd like to rub shoulders with. Maybe you like being that way, but I don't, and I can't stand people that think what you own defines you as a person, as if your choice of car makes you a better person. That's a big steaming load of crap and a bane on society.

Finally, my Jeep Wrangler gets 22MPG highway, but it sucks on combined, much like the 3 cars you listed. And the 09-13 CTS-V, the one I assume you're speaking of, doesn't get anywhere near 20MPG. Best I've seen is 17MPG, worst is around 9MPG with your foot to the floor. And really, if you had 500HP on tap from any one of those cars, would you baby it back and forth to work everyday? I doubt it.

Gaming Rig:
Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Steambox/HTPC:
Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

blacksapphire08
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8875
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:39:53 (permalink)
Sajin
700 a month? Someone is getting robbed. 

Agreed, i'm not bashing the car. I just cant believe that it cost $700 a month on a lease especially if it's actually with a 0% interest rate.

Fbmbirds
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 13:42:58 (permalink)
I also love that people forget to factor in the insurance that probably is another 200-400 a month.

Holo
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 14:02:04 (permalink)
srtie4k
Holo

If you want to compare your G35 to what everybody knows as a real Skyline (R32-R34), keep dreaming. The closest thing Nissan offers to those old cars is the GT-R. The G35/350Z are both watered down sports coupes that retained none of what makes the more famous Skylines extremely sought after.

Next, people who treat others based on what they drive are extremely shallow and materialistic, and not people I'd like to rub shoulders with. Maybe you like being that way, but I don't, and I can't stand people that think what you own defines you as a person, as if your choice of car makes you a better person. That's a big steaming load of crap and a bane on society.

Finally, my Jeep Wrangler gets 22MPG highway, but it sucks on combined, much like the 3 cars you listed. And the 09-13 CTS-V, the one I assume you're speaking of, doesn't get anywhere near 20MPG. Best I've seen is 17MPG, worst is around 9MPG with your foot to the floor. And really, if you had 500HP on tap from any one of those cars, would you baby it back and forth to work everyday? I doubt it.

Actually, considering that what you quoted is the Skyline GTR, and not the actual Skyline which in fact does come in Sedan form, and coupe, I can only assume you aren't 100% aware where the skyline started.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline#RS Feel free to educate yourself on various skyline models. The GTR is famous for AWD Turbo I6 of the old, but realistically the car had to adapt(both the skyline, and the GTR) to what the world wants today. In the case of the post R34 era, this was a semiluxurious coupe with okay performance. In 2003 when the G(v35 coupe) came about on the Z platform as you said, it was a very powerful car a 280 horsepower running closely behind various fast fast cars of the time(e46 m3, C32 AMGs, S4's, etc.)

But enough about a 10 year old car that isn't relevant today. Actually, a friend with a Vette gets close to 27 MPG combined due to tall gearing from factory, a buddy with an M3 hits 22 quite often, mostly freeway of course, and lastly someone at a car meet did indicate the CTS gets em around 18 the way they drive it. Regardless of that, the smile a 400+ hp car puts on your face doesn't compare with the power or feel an optima has.

An older M3, e30, e46, or e39 m5, or e60 m5, a 370, an S4, an ISF, a 335i, would make me happier.

clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 15:20:00 (permalink)
Fbmbirds
That is why I own a E30 M and a E36 M. Plus 2 E36 325is for daily drivers. All 4 cars way way under 40k

Love the E36. I have been looking for a project car for a couple of months.

blacksapphire08
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8875
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 15:30:49 (permalink)
Fbmbirds
I also love that people forget to factor in the insurance that probably is another 200-400 a month.

He must be really young, have a poor driving record, and/or live in a bad area for it to be that high. When I bought my current car it was about $130 a month (price was ~$27,500).

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 16:17:40 (permalink)
srtie4k

I know me and you definitely had are shares of disagreements but I 100% agree with you on what you said here. It truly is all about materialism. Most people "like" certain cars because society either likes it so in which this causes that person to "like" it also to fit in with the materialistic crowd. Ya it sure does bothers the crap out of me as well on how people judge you by what kind of person you are based on your vehicle or any of your other materialistic possessions you own. I like to judge people based on their knowledge(doesn't have to be actual certificate 'paper" degrees of education) and by their willingness to learn knowledge(meaning being open minded). I'll leave the rest of the judging with the Almighty.  Its sad to see people destroying themselves over materialistic items(mainly cars, houses, clothes, and electronics) items by going  even deep and deeper in to debt by buying garbage they dont need, with money they dont have using a credit card, to impress people that they dont even know or dont even like.
post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2014/01/07 16:20:29

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
  • Total Posts : 3751
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 20:19:11 (permalink)
srtie4k
wrinvert
My turbo would suck both those leaf blowers(rush's and mbp's) in and spit them out with out even noticing the hickup... to each their own, i could have bought any car i wanted an bought a 36k Sti and put another 25k into it so who am i to judge.

Your car is nice, but if you have to brag about it over a stock Kia, you've got some self esteem problems to work out. But not everybody cares about speed and power.

zero self esteem issues here, my comment was a joke and a friendly ribbing to both rush and manbear, not you. sounds more like you might have the very issue you mentioned since you cant take a joke that wasn't even directed at you. furhter the whole rest of my comment was basically saying im just as silly as rush is, with the amount of money I spent on my build so... yeah.

in stock trim the sti would beat this car even with the awd power loss. also by your own statement your basically saying that an sti is on a higher level for less money, gg. but please high and mighty please do tell what makes you so great that you should attempt to belittle me and my projects?

RushXTC
@Wrinvert GG bro. I'm very proud of you!

again it was just a friendly ribbing nothing personal, go enjoy what makes you happy dude.

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 20:29:15 (permalink)
blacksapphire08
Fbmbirds

He must be really young, have a poor driving record, and/or live in a bad area for it to be that high. When I bought my current car it was about $130 a month (price was ~$27,500).

200-400 isn't out of the ball park if rush's record is anything close to his ticket stories. and in the words turbo, brand new, with it being a lease full tort  and yeah its going to be high.

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 20:58:27 (permalink)
All the hate...wow... nice car man!

Wrin, best to ignore...well those kind. best that way....

*walks away*

I Drive a Hyundai, hate me.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 21:50:09 (permalink)
wrinvert
blacksapphire08
Fbmbirds

200-400 isn't out of the ball park if rush's record is anything close to his ticket stories. and in the words turbo, brand new, with it being a lease full tort  and yeah its going to be high.

Lol, True story... I have 3 Speeding tickets, 1 which I fought... So 2 speeding tickets, Just 1 away from losing my license. That's with a 210 HP car, I'm trying to drive this one on ECO, Because when I let go of the gas, It drops the speed pretty fast. If it's on sport, It goes past the speed limit pretty fast and stays there. >_<

We'll see how much insurance will be, I'm going to pay it for the whole year to get it at a discount, But I'm going to shop around first.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

way2faded
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3077
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 23:12:00 (permalink)
Nice car man. I actually get 3 auto mags as well as an automotive manufacturing mag as I'm a UAW member. Korea has some of the most state of the art facilities in the world. BMW Audi Harley Davidson just to name a few have bids in on new manufacturing and assembly plants in Korea. This isn't any big secret either, apparently ppl here just like to run their mouths and look like ignorant fools.

I'm glad everyone isn't soo arrogant they have to go into another's thread and crap all over it, and turn it into some kinda epeen contest. Congrats on the new car

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/07 23:53:22 (permalink)
srtie4k
Holo

Isn't the R32 and R34 illegal in the US?

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 03:14:37 (permalink)
RushXTC

Lol, True story... I have 3 Speeding tickets, 1 which I fought... So 2 speeding tickets, Just 1 away from losing my license. That's with a 210 HP car, I'm trying to drive this one on ECO, Because when I let go of the gas, It drops the speed pretty fast. If it's on sport, It goes past the speed limit pretty fast and stays there. >_<

We'll see how much insurance will be, I'm going to pay it for the whole year to get it at a discount, But I'm going to shop around first.

I hope you know brotha that sport mode really does nothing in cars now days. Basically what most sport mode buttons do is make your suspension just a tad bit tighter and allows your shifting times to a tad bit higher with throttle response just barley any quicker.  Also some sports buttons even may just make the exhaust sound louder as well as change the color of your speedometer. There is no engine benefit from it whatsoever meaning no extra bhp and torque. Top Gear has proven sport mode does nothing really but make the car uncomfortable. The Stig(thats me) took a car(forget what it was) around "my" track with sport mode on and off and the only difference from the two lap times was by one second with sport mode being one second faster due to the tighter suspensioning. The Fast Lane Car team has even proven in some of their car review videos that sport button really is nothing but a disappointing button. The only sport button that really makes a considerable amount of difference is traction control on/off button.

Here is a little article you can read from Richard Hammond about sports buttons.  http://www.topgear.com/uk/richard-hammond/richard-hammond-top-gear-magazine-column-2012-01-13

jeffro66
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6912
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 04:22:47 (permalink)
 its a dang nice car,whats with all the neg talk if I wont something I buy it could give a rats butt about who approves or not,i mean we spend 700$ on a video card to play a game!!!
think what people think of us but do we care no lol!!!
and if I wont horse power I will build a hotrod nova or something had 2 of those name brand means nothing!!!

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
 lian li 360b galahad aio
 ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 04:43:27 (permalink)
jeffro66
 its a dang nice car,whats with all the neg talk if I wont something I buy it could give a rats butt about who approves or not,i mean we spend 700$ on a video card to play a game!!!
think what people think of us but do we care no lol!!!
and if I wont horse power I will build a hotrod nova or something had 2 of those name brand means nothing!!!

But thats a video card not a car. Its not like you continue on for 48 months paying $700 a month. But ya you are right, there is a lot of negative talk about the car. I personally love the car. I think its a fantastic car. Like in my first post in this thread I stated that I  drove this car and I loved it. I think all of you should just go take a test run and see how conformable this car rides and how roomy it is. Now the car is cool but what is not cool is the deal that Rush made. $700 for a lease on a car like that is extremely high especially it being a lease. But hey we all learn from our purchases. I just hope Rush did not shoot him self in the foot and I hope gets the best out of "his" new ride. Hey Rush, after a week let me know how the car is. A week should be enough time to have enough experience with it to give a full review. Of course it takes longer for a review on a engine to get the full feel because it needs time to "break in".

srtie4k
FTW Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 05:08:37 (permalink)
wrinvert
zero self esteem issues here, my comment was a joke and a friendly ribbing to both rush and manbear, not you. sounds more like you might have the very issue you mentioned since you cant take a joke that wasn't even directed at you. furhter the whole rest of my comment was basically saying im just as silly as rush is, with the amount of money I spent on my build so... yeah.

in stock trim the sti would beat this car even with the awd power loss. also by your own statement your basically saying that an sti is on a higher level for less money, gg. but please high and mighty please do tell what makes you so great that you should attempt to belittle me and my projects?

RushXTC
@Wrinvert GG bro. I'm very proud of you!

again it was just a friendly ribbing nothing personal, go enjoy what makes you happy dude.

If you were joking then whatever. As I said, if you feel the need to brag about your car over this one...apparently it wasn't a very good "friendly ribbing", however, if one of your targets of the ribbing didn't even get it, and I'm obviously not the only one who didn't get that deadpan "joke".

Gaming Rig:
Steambox/HTPC:

clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 06:28:56 (permalink)
Seriously dude, you are the one ruining this thread. let it go!

Holo
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 06:37:35 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
srtie4k
Holo

Isn't the R32 and R34 illegal in the US?

R32 just became legal, but the R33 and R34 will remain illegal for a few more years. Correct.

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 08:28:37 (permalink)
25year grandfather to bypass usdot safety/emissions laws for importing cars. So yes r32 just hit the mark as of jan1. My comments were never bad about the car or brand, i had my mom buy a Hyundai last year because i know they just like kia have improved alot in the last few years. My point as well as a few others was more of there were other options for that kind of money and not leased. The joke wasnt ment to be understood fun to everyone, you dont get it that fine others dide.

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 08:58:44 (permalink)
Kia makes a great car, I miss my 2011 Forte that got repo'd last April was an amazing car, and fun as heck to drive, and with the eco package I was getting 40+ MPG on the freeway
moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Ribbons : 33
Re: My new car! (First 0 mile car) 2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 2014/01/08 10:14:55 (permalink)
not a bad looking car other than the seats, i can't get past the pattern on them O.o.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile