EVGA

AnsweredNFC, SDHC or SDXC, single or dual band N?

Author
spinportal
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/12/11 09:07:13 (permalink)
Can anyone confirm:
1. NFC support?
2. SDHC only or SDXC up to 64, 128 GB?
3. Is the 802.11n dual band or single band wifi?
4. Can you use the Tegra Note 7 as a stand-only GPS receiver away from any logged into wi-fi connection?  If I installed "Garmin"-like app, and downloaded the map data, could I then go driving cross-country from Washington DC to Los Angeles CA without having 4G or wifi?
5. Does the USB 2.0 port support OTG?
6. Does the USB 2.0 port support rapid charging?  How long does charging take with each mode?

MrRuckus
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NFC, SDHC or SDXC, single or dual band N? 2013/12/11 09:37:10 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby spinportal 2013/12/11 09:40:30
1.  I dont believe so. 
2.  SDHC, I have tested up to 32GB and use it daily. 
3.  Single band, this was the reason Nvidia gave for no Gamestream support for the Tegra Note like the Shield (although I can max my home connection and hit 60mbps sustained downloading files on the Tegra Note.  With a quality N Router, this could easily handle Gamestream, but that would make the Shield obsolete so this is Nvidia's reason which IMO is a false statement). 
4.  I would imagine so.  I plan on doing the same.  I have used google maps without an internet connection before, it just has the route and no geographical graphics.  A stand alone NAV like app with maps already downloaded should work fine with the GPS. 
5.  Yes, but you have to buy your own OTG cable. 
6.  I dont think so.  The device is finicky on the charger it will take to begin with, USB doesn't have enough power, I think I left it plugged in all night and saw no battery difference the next morning (I havent tested USB 2.0 rapid charging).  The 2 AMP default charger for my HP Touchpad has a hard time being detected but does work 80% of the time. 
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile