Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread!

Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 6 of 10
Author
Telrunya
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 04:47:25 (permalink)
I wish I had an answer for you, but mine just works. Plug it in and G2G. As for the wallpaper, the default app will only let you choose a section of the image and not the whole thing.
shhardyme
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 07:16:26 (permalink)
exilelrrp
Why is it that my PC does not detect my Tegra Note 7?...I believe I tried everything!?...It says on the Tegra USB computer connection Media device (MTP) or Camera (PTP)
but on my PC I see nothing at all no actions???

Sorry this is my fist time dealing with a Android Tablet, I thought this was a thread to help each other that own this EVGA Tegra Note 7,
 It seems as no one here really know anything about this EVGA Tegra Note 7?

I research & find nothing on this, this lacks info & lacks settings...

Did you enable USB Debugging in the settings?

Tegra Note 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 5
Motorola Xoom (LTE)
fm123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 09:17:39 (permalink)
exilelrrp
Why is it that my PC does not detect my Tegra Note 7?...I believe I tried everything!?...It says on the Tegra USB computer connection Media device (MTP) or Camera (PTP)

Sorry this is my fist time dealing with a Android Tablet, I thought this was a thread to help each other that own this EVGA Tegra Note 7,

Depends on your PC. If I plug it in the Tegra Note shows up as a drive under Windows Explorer , giving full access. On my Android phone another computer has trouble seeing it depending on the USB port I plug it into. So try different ports.
exilelrrp
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 14:57:20 (permalink)
shhardyme
exilelrrp

Ok hold on 1st do you have to have a micro sd card?

I know the Tegra has its own storage, so it should be read automatically? I went to settings under storage and all I see is the Total space on what is being used,
then I see at the bottom

SD CARD
Mount SD card
Insert an SD card for mounting

USB STORAGE
Mount SD card

On the top right side I click on it it says :  USB computer connection

that's it no other options?

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 15:09:38 (permalink)
fm123
exilelrrp

Depends on your PC. If I plug it in the Tegra Note shows up as a drive under Windows Explorer , giving full access. On my Android phone another computer has trouble seeing it depending on the USB port I plug it into. So try different ports.

I don't know about that? I mean why or how can one USB connection be different from another besides 3.0 & yet you can still plug 2.0, I have everything else connected to to my USB's with no issues but the EVGA Tegra Note 7, I did an update when I revived it! could it be the update that caused this issue?

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 15:19:49 (permalink)
Well...I just test the TN7 on my laptop & it started installing drivers then reading the TN7, I'm in the TN7!

I don't understand why my PC is not installing & reading the TN7 drivers

shhardyme
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 17:21:18 (permalink)
exilelrrp
shhardyme
exilelrrp

I know the Tegra has its own storage, so it should be read automatically? I went to settings under storage and all I see is the Total space on what is being used,
then I see at the bottom

SD CARD
Mount SD card

USB STORAGE
Mount SD card

Open About Tablet in SETTINGS

scroll down to BUILD NUMBER

tap Build Number (7) times

You will see that you now have Developer Options

Open Developer Options and select USB Debugging

Tegra Note 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 5
Motorola Xoom (LTE)
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/23 20:57:42 (permalink)
exilelrrp
Well...I just test the TN7 on my laptop & it started installing drivers then reading the TN7, I'm in the TN7!

It might be because it knows you desktop is AMD and said look at this guy!  HAHAHA..  JUST KIDDING!  You just need to enable USB debugging or at least on every other android device I've ever owned that's what I had to do.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

eclein
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/24 14:34:51 (permalink)
Hi guys new tn7 owner, as soon as its delivered, that is. I think I got the last one or dam close to it from the eggheads latest supply so it's not here yet, tracking says the 30th so I'm waiting.
I'm retired, disabled, so tablets are my best friends right now...lol. I primarily game and watch videos and always have one in my hands it seems.
I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all the best during the holidays and 2014!! Be safe!!! ...... Ed
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/24 14:53:38 (permalink)
eclein
Hi guys new tn7 owner, as soon as its delivered, that is. I think I got the last one or dam close to it from the eggheads latest supply so it's not here yet, tracking says the 30th so I'm waiting.
I'm retired, disabled, so tablets are my best friends right now...lol. I primarily game and watch videos and always have one in my hands it seems.
I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you all the best during the holidays and 2014!! Be safe!!! ...... Ed

Welcome and enjoy your stays.

exilelrrp
iCX Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/25 00:06:31 (permalink)
shhardyme
exilelrrp
shhardyme
exilelrrp

then I see at the bottom

SD CARD
Mount SD card

USB STORAGE
Mount SD card

Funny ****! I already did that after long day, I found a YouTube video on that & finally I got it to work! Thanx anyways! it's good to see TN7 users helping each other on this thread.

mike_burrell
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/25 18:21:39 (permalink)
I was having the same problem with my computer recognizing my tablet. I followed advice from shhardyme and did the following and the tablet is fully recognized by my computer. First time I've had to do this with any tablet that I've owned but I 'll make allowances since I love this tablet. Thanks for your advice shhardyme.

fm123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/25 18:29:38 (permalink)
exilelrrp

USB debug mode tends to work more often, but its not a move for novice users since they wouldn't know about it.  There are differences between USB chipsets and drivers that can cause incompatible or periodic problems, because there are so many out there.  My USB 3.0 port always sees my phone, but not the 2.0 ports, they are different chipsets.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/26 09:56:37 (permalink)
Don't forget to download the latest ROM update for you new owners.

mike_burrell
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/26 12:27:17 (permalink)
fm123
exilelrrp

USB debug mode tends to work more often, but its not a move for novice users since they wouldn't know about it.  There are differences between USB chipsets and drivers that can cause incompatible or periodic problems, because there are so many out there.  My USB 3.0 port always sees my phone, but not the 2.0 ports, they are different chipsets.

You're correct on this point, as I'm pretty tech savy working on my PC. I had never heard of USB degug on Tablets before. It's a simple procedure and I think anyone can perform it following the simple directions provided.
jsheidy07
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/26 22:23:03 (permalink)
Hello all,
I just got my Note 7 for christmas. It was working wonderfully until it did a system update. Now it acts like it is getting several touch inputs at once and typing on the keyboard when open even if I set it down and don't touch it. This is really getting frustrating since it takes forever to get any app to work right. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or has heard anything about this. I have tried updating to the 4.3 OS that supposedly came out recently, but it says it is up-to-date even though it says it's running 4.2.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
Telrunya
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/26 22:31:06 (permalink)
Its a known bug. Turning the screen off for a second or two and then back on should clear it up. I'm running 4.2.2 as well.
jsheidy07
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/26 22:35:13 (permalink)
Yeah, I've tried that. It works for a few seconds, then goes back to acting strange. Right now it's on the settings page scrolling up and down every few seconds. I just hope I can get 4.3 soon, and I hope this gets fixed. If I find any better fixes I'll post. Thanks though.
eclein
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/27 12:37:50 (permalink)
Just got my unit delivered this morning, these things scream!!!!! Build quality of mine is very good and it immediately updated to 4.3 so it runs great right now. These things are a great deal imo and I look forward to whatever evga/Nvidia decide to add to them in the future.
 I'm kinda surprised that the wallpaper shown in many ads, Nvidia logo full screen in that mosaic earth tone style isn't on here, we need that I think..lol.

What's the number one tip you guys recommend in setting these babies up??
Corwyn_123
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/27 13:42:12 (permalink)
eclein
Just got my unit delivered this morning, these things scream!!!!! Build quality of mine is very good and it immediately updated to 4.3 so it runs great right now. These things are a great deal imo and I look forward to whatever evga/Nvidia decide to add to them in the future.
 I'm kinda surprised that the wallpaper shown in many ads, Nvidia logo full screen in that mosaic earth tone style isn't on here, we need that I think..lol.

That's called Tesselation Eye. You can find it on NVIDIA's website.

What's the number one tip you guys recommend in setting these babies up??

WEggington
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/27 14:02:18 (permalink)
jsheidy07
Hello all,
I just got my Note 7 for christmas. It was working wonderfully until it did a system update. Now it acts like it is getting several touch inputs at once and typing on the keyboard when open even if I set it down and don't touch it. This is really getting frustrating since it takes forever to get any app to work right. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or has heard anything about this. I have tried updating to the 4.3 OS that supposedly came out recently, but it says it is up-to-date even though it says it's running 4.2.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Get some windex and clean your screen.  These tablets are very sensitive to dirt and grime.  Works every time for me.  It really freaked me out at first but I can understand it.  You WANT it to be sensitive for it to work well but a drawback is that it hates grime.
Kronvict
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/27 15:38:29 (permalink)
WEggington
jsheidy07
Hello all,

Get some windex and clean your screen.  These tablets are very sensitive to dirt and grime.  Works every time for me.  It really freaked me out at first but I can understand it.  You WANT it to be sensitive for it to work well but a drawback is that it hates grime.

Windex?? O.o A microfiber cloth works perfectly as well :-)

jsheidy07
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/28 20:13:20 (permalink)
op
post edited by jsheidy07 - 2013/12/28 20:16:18
jsheidy07
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/28 20:16:55 (permalink)
WEggington
jsheidy07
Hello all,

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. I have cleaned the screen with microfiber cloths and screen cleaner. I have been looking around on the forums. Apparently a small percentage of the Tegra Note 7's have a hardware issue that causes them to throw characters while typing, open/close menus/apps, have a dead spot about a 1/4" wide running down the left side of the screen, and cause the device to basically go haywire. I have talked to Tech support, and I have to RMA and get them to send me a tablet that has been tested for issues. The only problem with this is that EVGA's receiving depo will not be open until January 2nd. So even if I send it back now, it won't get there until after they start receiving again. I'll let you guys know how the RMA process goes. If it is as good as their CS, then there shouldn't be a problem. I was on the phone for less than 10 mins (including wait time for open associate, because I have my Note registered so they bumped me to priority service. This is one reason why I love EVGA!) and he figured out the problem and started the RMA request. 5 hours later (mind you, this is supposed to be a 24 to 48 hour process), I received approval for the RMA and they emailed my shipping label. So, everyone keep their fingers crossed that I get my Note back ASAP and get to finally enjoy my Christmas present.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using Windex on any electronic screen (tablet, smartphone, monitor, etc.). It could cause damage from the harsh chemicals. But that's just me, I'm always super careful using and cleaning my Droid RAZR or my laptop touch screen.
Kronvict
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/28 23:31:35 (permalink)
jsheidy07

Also, I wouldn't recommend using Windex on any electronic screen (tablet, smartphone, monitor, etc.). It could cause damage from the harsh chemicals. But that's just me, I'm always super careful using and cleaning my Droid RAZR or my laptop touch screen.

My thoughts exactly.

Kronvict
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/28 23:31:35 (permalink)
Double post. Please delete.
post edited by Kronvict - 2013/12/28 23:32:49

spinportal
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/29 06:16:46 (permalink)
Got myself a OTG cable and mounted a powered external 1TB HDD.  Also picked up a bt gamepad and it paired and works as well as my PS3 controller over the OTG cable. Only <CORRECTION/> 27.99$ on Ebay (G910) and pairs with IOS devices under ICade and PCs. Waiting for a bt multimedia keyboard + touchpad from China Post to turn this TN7 into an impromptu HTPC / Android TV box (already have the micro HDMI cable).

Ebay ($26.79)  Linky
Ebay ($27.99)  Linky
Ebay ($27.99)  Linky   Linky#2 - BestFace has many user IDs
Amazon ($32.99)  Linky

post edited by spinportal - 2013/12/31 11:04:39
Kronvict
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/29 10:31:09 (permalink)
spinportal
Got myself a OTG cable and mounted a powered external 1TB HDD.  Also picked up a bt gamepad and it paired and works as well as my PS3 controller over the OTG cable. Only 24$ on Amazon (G910) and pairs with IOS devices under ICade and PCs. Waiting for a bt multimedia keyboard + touchpad from China Post to turn this TN7 into an impromptu HTPC / Android TV box (already have the micro HDMI cable).

Guess you got lucky. I can't find the G910 anywhere for $24.  >.< The cheapest i can find is about $35.

tsbrewers
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/29 10:42:50 (permalink)
this is where I ordered mine, it hasn't come yet though.

http://www.geekbuying.com...PC--TV-BOX-318373.html
Telrunya
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2013/12/29 12:38:40 (permalink)
tsbrewers
this is where I ordered mine, it hasn't come yet though.

http://www.geekbuying.com...PC--TV-BOX-318373.html

Huh that's a pretty nifty controller. I've been plugging in a special dongle in order to use my wireless Xbox 360 controller. That looks like a better solution.

post edited by Telrunya - 2013/12/29 12:59:57
Page: << < ..678910 > Showing page 6 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile