EVGA

Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread!

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Author
MrBlargMan
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/09 14:51:36 (permalink)

That carbon fiber looks so damn clean, I had to steal your idea.
I have a roll of 3M carbon fiber vinyl left over from doing some RC truck bodies.
Made some templates out of paper to cut out proper sized shapes on the vinyl.
A little patience and a blow drier and it turned out awesome!
Thanks for the idea!

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition @ 4.8ghz
16gb DDR3 1600
2x SLI GTX 660TI FTW 3gb
Dual Monitors
Tegra Note 7 - 4.3 JellyBean
chiefchicha
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/14 01:00:12 (permalink)
Hi all,
I just received my EVGA Tegra Note 7 - 3 days back. Everything is nice and smooth... I have noticed that charging the tablet takes a very long time. It is very slow to charge ... even with the provided charger and cable. Anyone noticed that or have faced the situation? Any sloutions for the problem?

I just joined the forum and have not been able to read other comments... if this question is a repetition... pls forgive and kindly point out to the answer or link.

thanks
fm123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/22 13:57:44 (permalink)
chiefchicha
Hi all,
I just received my EVGA Tegra Note 7 - 3 days back. Everything is nice and smooth... I have noticed that charging the tablet takes a very long time. It is very slow to charge ... even with the provided charger and cable. Anyone noticed that or have faced the situation? Any sloutions for the problem?

I just joined the forum and have not been able to read other comments... if this question is a repetition... pls forgive and kindly point out to the answer or link.

thanks

Well, you may need to go through a few charging cycles.  But I don't think it takes more a than a few hours.
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/22 13:58:59 (permalink)
This appears to be the first case specifically aimed at this tablet (outside of the HP model).  There are even many pictures showing it work with the details of the tablet.  I may try this one out.
Fintie HP Slate 7 Extreme (Model 4400) Folio Casehttp://www.amazon.com/Fin...=moko+hp+slate+extreme

MrBlargMan
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/23 11:50:29 (permalink)
fm123
This appears to be the first case specifically aimed at this tablet (outside of the HP model).  There are even many pictures showing it work with the details of the tablet.  I may try this one out.
Fintie HP Slate 7 Extreme (Model 4400) Folio Case

Thanks for the info. Let is know how you like it if you decide to give it a try!

16gb DDR3 1600
2x SLI GTX 660TI FTW 3gb
Dual Monitors
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/31 11:54:29 (permalink)
Some new games like Rochard and Mount and Blade are awesome, not sure which are available for Note yet, since they require controller I can't see if they work since I don't have controller.  Played them on Shield, really good.  Been playing Anomoly 2 and Smash Hit with stylus. Nice.

Also the Dead Trigger 2 update has an Arena mode which looks good visually.
Fiv3Score
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/03/31 12:36:29 (permalink)
Yeah, I have a Shield too. Devs said Mount&Blade would support other Tegra 4 devices in the upcoming weeks but no updates so far.. so just for the Shield atm. There's also news of Portal coming out for the Shield.

Rochard, on the other hand, got an update a while back so it runs the Tegra Note (controller still required). I've been enjoying playing Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun: Deadzone on my Shield; the physical controls really give me the edge on everyone (I especially enjoy taking out iOS players haha). 
MrBlargMan
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/01 16:08:19 (permalink)
Fiv3Score
Yeah, I have a Shield too. Devs said Mount&Blade would support other Tegra 4 devices in the upcoming weeks but no updates so far.. so just for the Shield atm. There's also news of Portal coming out for the Shield.

Rochard, on the other hand, got an update a while back so it runs the Tegra Note (controller still required). I've been enjoying playing Dead Trigger 2 and Shadowgun: Deadzone on my Shield; the physical controls really give me the edge on everyone (I especially enjoy taking out iOS players haha). 

Rochard looks awesome! I run the Red Samurai bluetooth controller offered through GameStop. It is for sure an awesome controller for only $25. However, I have not thrown down the $6.99 to try out Rochard yet. I also hope and pray that Portal will eventually be able to run on the TN7, but with 1gb of ram, I am just not sure.

It most definitely feels awesome laying the smackdown in Shadowgun: Deadzone with physical controls!
Modern Combat 4's multiplayer is also pretty good with the controller.
I have also been playing Hero's of Order and Chaos using the stylus.

Pretty much just love this tablet.

16gb DDR3 1600
2x SLI GTX 660TI FTW 3gb
Dual Monitors
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/01 23:22:56 (permalink)
MrBlargMan
fm123
Fintie HP Slate 7 Extreme (Model 4400) Folio Case

Thanks for the info. Let is know how you like it if you decide to give it a try!

Got it today looks pretty good doesn't block any of the controls only has one angle for the support but it seems like it's good enough to watch videos and use touch screen can be unsteady a little bit. The front cover does turn the screen on and off with the magnets.

Update with pics of the stand modes, the other pics are better on the Amazon site.  This is a very nice case.

post edited by fm123 - 2014/04/11 17:15:59
fm123
Superclocked Member
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/11 17:17:54 (permalink)
Not exactly directly related, but the HP version is currently available at a nice coupon pricing at the "egg" place, less than a previous generation Nexus 7.  It may or may not get any updates, as far as I know it's on 4.2.2.  I ordered one, even though I don't need it right now.  I also ordered the special of Netgear Nighthawk router and Motorola Docsis 3 cable modem, nearly $60 discount on that pair.  Now I have to return the cable modem I just bought.
post edited by fm123 - 2014/04/11 17:21:42
gadgetboi
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/11 20:35:48 (permalink)

SFF - ITX | Fractal Node 304/MSI Z87 itx | i5 4670K | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 |NVIDIA GeForce EVGA GTX 750Ti SC | 120GB HyperX SSD | Seagate 1TB Hybrid SDD/HDD | Win7 x64 | Corsair TX750w

EVGA Tegra Note -Tegra 4 -4.4.2 | HTC One X+ -Tegra 3 -4.2.2 | Asus Transformer Prime TF201 -Tegra 3 
Static_FX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/11 20:43:34 (permalink)
ok, i will soon be one of the cool kids :) I actually just won one of these EVGA Tegra 4 note 7 right?
just won on monday so it might be a while before i get it :) excited to replace my nook with it!

Kingell
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/12 13:26:23 (permalink)
Hi
I've had my 7 note for about a week. Updated via NVidia and is now a KitKat.
Neither the shop nor I can get the microHDMI to talk to a TV or monitor - new leads;
different TVs/monitors...........
Any ideas please??
Regards to all from the UK.
Kingell
MRunabout
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/04/13 22:54:13 (permalink)
I just bought one for myself as a birthday present about a week ago and am loving it - especially since it ships with 4.2.2 and not Kit Kat. The only thing I don't like is the lack of accessory support. I wanted a case with a bluetooth keyboard but it was either buy a universal case or buy one for another device and modify it. I did the latter and bought a Minisuit Nexus 7 2013 case, cut out the magnetic sides so the speakers can breathe and cut out a portion in the back to slide the stylus out. There's a flap that covers the power button but I just dig under a bit and have enough access to push it on and off. It's not pretty but it works without any problems.
crazydave789
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/06/01 15:42:16 (permalink)
Hey everyone, I'm a Blackberry playbook user but picked up a wonky advent tegra note 7 off ebay here in the UK for 20 quid with a bad usb port. I wanted to play with updated android seeing as we might not be getting any updated runtimes on the playbook. the note 7 seemed to be the most cost effective and closest to the playbook in sound and vision with the front facing speakers but the cameras are awfully positioned. still for 20 quid, a bit of postage and a soldering iron I can't complain.

the usb problem seems to be very common and the local dealer under the advent brand do not seem to like fixing them which is why I see quite a lot turning up on ebay. this one had lost the centre of the port with the pins and plastic so is totally u/s I have emailed support for a replacement and had no reply as yet, this also seems common as a few places are selling units with no daughter boards. alibaba will sell you 50 if you want (min order) but haven't enquired on the cost or indeed whether there is a resale market yet for ebay.

so what to do - as a stop gap I sprung the case open, cut up an old usb cable, poked it through the stylus hole and connected it straight to the battery terminals and charged using a smart usb charger which does charge and the tablet shows the percentage even if it does not recognise that it is under charge. I have some micro usb ports on order to try which are square and not chamfered which is what I think causes the problems so I shall first try to swap the port which is not the easiest of tasks.

if that fails then I shall add a wireless charging pad and use a pebble type charger like this guy

'www.nova-labs.org/blog/2014/03/05/broken-kindle-usb-port-prompts-diy-conversion-to-wireless-charging/' 

worst case I can wire in a micro usb extension cable and modify the case a bit so it plugs in the other side to where it does now.

haven't got a photo but when the back is off and where the battery pos and neg wires are there are also a green and white - which happen to correspond to the wires in a usb cable so I am wondering if I could wire it as a data source if anyone has a better idea.

once charged an up and running I do quite like it but feel that other than the runtime I've been rather spoiled with the playbook which I can pick up for 50 pounds for a 64gb, is well built and well catered for case wise. I throw mine about a lot so have otterbox and ballistics cases for the three I use constantly. in comparison the note 7 is somewhat light and flimsy but it is blisteringly fast in comparison to the playbook which is stuck on a gingerbread runtime and only dual core with 1gb ram. but it does have a magnetic rapid charger, a non crashing OS and to some extent limited software can be better as google play is crazy and with a limited capacity to sideload you don't tend to fill it with mush. the biggest problem is using a tablet without gestures.

and while there is only a few dollars in it you can pick up the tegra slide case from china via ebay US for 27 dollars or so post free.  

'www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Case-Smart-Front-Cover-for-Fly-one-Nvidia-Tegra-NOTE-7-/111347505188?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&var=&hash=item19ecd41824'

which is about 16 quid for us brits and cheaper than PC world or the 30 quid on ebay.
post edited by crazydave789 - 2014/06/01 15:49:14
crazydave789
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/06/01 15:50:02 (permalink)
it wont let me put links up - probably due to being my first post so just remove the quote marks
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/06/01 15:57:35 (permalink)
crazydave789
it wont let me put links up - probably due to being my first post so just remove the quote marks

http://www.nova-labs.org/...-to-wireless-charging/

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
crazydave789
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/08/31 19:07:04 (permalink)
update on the wireless power - it works well with either the QI or powermats but you can get charger kits off ebay for the qi modules if you don't want to split a standard one for the coil.

I split a standard QI charger, extended the wires to the coil so I could fit the controller board to the inside of a fintie case then taped the coil to the back of the tablet works a treat and is no bigger than the case itself.

the next step is maybe to build a charger into a fintie case once I am sure the heat build up when charging is not a problem, otherwise something to disperse it might be in order. the chargers of either type shut off when the battery is full so no problem with lion cook off. the biggest bug bear is the QI doesn't have locating magnets to line them up so you have to check the indicator light isn't flashing as a few mm and it fails to charge.

another option is to fit a receiver into the case then run a pair of wires into the battery. the chargers claim to operate at 7mm but they don't like things in the way it seems such as cases so more experimentation is in order. 
crazydave789
Re: Tegra 7 Note Owners Thread! 2014/09/04 08:51:12 (permalink)
and for those who still have good usb sockets and a fear of opening the case - why not try the wireless charging pads with a usb socket on the end 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371123422530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

make sure it is a 1000ma one and the socket is the right way up.

then add one of these to the case - this is the guts of a standard charger unit but they do one with a floating usb socket if you hunt around a bit under QI wireless charger. or just put some wire between the coil and board then tape to the case making sure it is the right way round. the tablet slips nicely inside.   

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390890949291?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and your socket should never need to break. :) unlike the wire direct method this way it will show it is charging although I don't really notice the lack of indicator.

charger, receiver and fintie case - under 20 quid. the hard part is waiting for the deliveries.

some reports that the QI chargers are not that reliable but at that price it's cheaper than trying to get a socket fixed which might not work for so long. nvidia and partners do not seem very keen on fixing them for some reason or releasing the power board for us to do it ourselves.
Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile