Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
2013/10/08 16:44:09 (permalink)
Just an update

Seems OCF is now proposing a straight combined points race - NO TEAM AGAINST TEAM 

I'll get more info on this when I check in
This will probably allow for internal contests as well
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2013/10/15 16:21:31

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

256 Replies Related Threads

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/10 13:58:16 (permalink)
    Hmm... Olive branch or cactus?  I'm voing the later.

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6746
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/10 16:37:10 (permalink)
    OK!!
    I want Ideas kicked around for a combined race Guys and Gals

So post as many as you can. We want to post them to the capts thread and see what they like

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

Adak1
    • Total Posts : 51
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/10 16:48:39 (permalink)
    No, it was me, Viper97. You might recall I'm with Overclockers.com (OCF).

I'm looking for ideas to change the Chimp Challenge, into a cooperative teams race of some kind, instead of a team vs. team format. The main reason is that I see no way to make the race "fair", or even close to it, when we have folders earning millions of points per day.

We did not have time to make all the changes needed before the last CC, but we do have time now, if we get working on it.

I'd like to do some brainstorming with EVGA (and other teams as well) for ideas, and see which of them have a good vibe to them. No idea is a bad one! The more we have to consider, the more likely we can find a good idea for the next race.

Any idea's? What would you like to see in a cooperative multi-team effort?

I won't be here much, (some, but not a lot). Xavier will be bringing them over to the captains forum, later on (as he notes above).

post edited by Adak1 - 2013/10/10 16:52:45
    troy8d
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2815
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/10 18:12:51 (permalink)
    Adak1

We did not have time to make all the changes needed before the last CC, but we do have time now, if we get working on it.

As I recall, you were more interested in telling us how great your system was, promoting yourself, and insulting our team and its members rather than working to improve the Chimp Challenge.  You've done much more harm than good for the CC in these parts.  You'll have to forgive me, but I can't take you seriously.

Attached Image(s)

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
    pcmaster00
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2752
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 07:08:33 (permalink)
    troy8d
    Adak1

As I recall, you were more interested in telling us how great your system was, promoting yourself, and insulting our team and its members rather than working to improve the Chimp Challenge.  You've done much more harm than good for the CC in these parts.  You'll have to forgive me, but I can't take you seriously.

All in favor of moving on from the mistakes or not of last year and trying to make CC better than ever say aye.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
    Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
    16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
    All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 07:15:27 (permalink)
    Eh... I'm folding all I got now.  I have been since the last CC... or even more so actually.  I'm not sure a contest or challenge is worth my involvement.  This year was my first CC and it was a bit weird for me. 

Yeah Adak I remember you... albeit I often get OCN and OCF confused. 

I really don't have anything to contribute.  I fold 24/7 so either way, unless you specifically have to sign up again it won't affect me. 

pcmaster00
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2752
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 07:24:28 (permalink)
    Viper97
    Eh... I'm folding all I got now.  I have been since the last CC... or even more so actually.  I'm not sure a contest or challenge is worth my involvement.  This year was my first CC and it was a bit weird for me. 

Yeah Adak I remember you... albeit I often get OCN and OCF confused. 

I really don't have anything to contribute.  I fold 24/7 so either way, unless you specifically have to sign up again it won't affect me. 

Its all for the cause... It also being for the team is just a side benefit.

Personally I would like to see EVGA take home the Jaded Monkey one year that I have participated in F@H but its still about the cause more than the team for me.  I am a relative newbie compared to some of the veterans around here and my only input would be that we should be finding a way to focus on new SUSTAINED membership more than the points.  Maybe we can make CC more than a 10 day event by making it a 2 part event.  The 10 day main even where the race happens and 30 days later to see if stats for each participating member (signup or no signup) drop off significantly and some kind of penalty for drop offs.  This could help prevent switchers to push up the stats of a team and could drive home the more important point of NEW MEMBERS for more F@H in the long run.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
    Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
    16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
    All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 08:18:24 (permalink)
    troy8d

The issue is whether Xavier's idea of a more cooperative race or event, is viable for the CC, or not.

If it is, then what would be a good format for it?

If you have some ideas, I'd like to hear them, and have Xavier bring them up in the Captains forum.

These are the facts, regarding last year's CC:
    1) The CC race last year, was the closest CC ever. There were two reasons EVGA wasn't in a tight race for #1:

a) sbinh, etc., brought more ppd than anticipated to the Vietnam Global Team (who finished #2 place).
        b) Brilong brought a lot of points to OCF, in the last part of the race.  If not for Brilong, VGT would have won.

Without a) and b), there would have been a near dead heat between EVGA, OCF, and VGT, with the others not
    far behind us.

2) No one can handicap a race perfectly, before several races have been run. The points system I proposed, continually
        zeroes in on a perfect handicap.

This idea is not mine, it's Xavier's. I'm investigating it's appeal and possible format, with EVGA, and several other teams. I can't change your opinion of me. That's up to you.
    Zagen30
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 528
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 09:55:55 (permalink)
    If what's being proposed is "all participating teams trying to hit a combined total," I'm not sure where the challenge in that is, and thus I'm not sure it's much of a competition.  Maybe someone else could explain how that would get people excited to fold more.

A thought that came to mind was groups of teams going against other groups.  Obviously you'd pair higher-earning teams with lower-earning ones, because having [H] and EVGA teamed up would be patently unfair (I realize [H] no longer participates, that was an example).  The problem is, using the PPD figures of this year's participants, you could only really do 2 groups, and I don't know if that would be interesting enough.  EVGA's currently averaging 49 million PPD, while the rest combined are doing 64 million*.  I don't see a way to break that into 3 or more balanced groups without bringing in more teams.  On the plus side, balancing the groups, even if there's only 2, would mean you don't have to handicap anything.

Is there any chance of getting [H] back in?  I don't know what anyone's output will look like in 6 months, but right now you could do [H] vs. EVGA and a few 7-digit-PPD teams vs. everyone else.  Since I only joined in February and didn't pay much attention to this year's CC I don't know why they left.

*For a second I was thinking maybe "EVGA vs. the world," but either we'd be at a big disadvantage or some teams would have to be left out, neither of which sounds good.
    post edited by Zagen30 - 2013/10/11 15:23:17

Core i7 3770K @4.3 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 @2133 MHz, 2xGTX 970 SSC @1379 MHz, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit    

Affiliate code: K4BJ4FHUX5

bobc36
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/11 11:09:33 (permalink)
    Adak1
    troy8d

The issue is whether Xavier's idea of a more cooperative race or event, is viable for the CC, or not.

If it is, then what would be a good format for it?

If you have some ideas, I'd like to hear them, and have Xavier bring them up in the Captains forum.

These are the facts, regarding last year's CC:
    1) The CC race last year, was the closest CC ever. There were two reasons EVGA wasn't in a tight race for #1:

a) sbinh, etc., brought more ppd than anticipated to the Vietnam Global Team (who finished #2 place).
        b) Brilong brought a lot of points to OCF, in the last part of the race.  If not for Brilong, VGT would have won.

Without a) and b), there would have been a near dead heat between EVGA, OCF, and VGT, with the others not
    far behind us.

2) No one can handicap a race perfectly, before several races have been run. The points system I proposed, continually
        zeroes in on a perfect handicap.

This idea is not mine, it's Xavier's. I'm investigating it's appeal and possible format, with EVGA, and several other teams. I can't change your opinion of me. That's up to you.

ADAK,

Personally, I hate the CC because of the underhandedness and dirty tricks that go on. I feel like i need to take a shower everytime I write about it. That being said, I want to fix it. Here is my proposed solution:

Whatever happened to the data from the previous years? Can we use that to determine an average growth factor to be applied to each team separately? 

Arbitrary Numbers Alert!

For example, lets say EVGA's average point growth over the past 3 years was 25%. Last year EVGA produced 300,000,000 total points last year. This year EVGA has to produce 375,000,000 points. 

Lets say OCN's average point growth over the past 3 years was 35%. Last year OCN produced 100,000,000 total points last year. This year OCN has to produce 135,000,000 points. 

Lets say VGT's average point growth over the past 3 years was 75%. Last year VGT produced 50,000,000 total points last year. This year VGT has to produce 87,500,000 points. 

Do you see what I'm getting at? Each team would have a different goal based on their average growth from the previous years. No conversion ratios, no sneaky formulas. If you picked up a ringer last year, lets just hope you can get them again this year. 

These are just the thoughts of an overworked engineer, so take them however you want. 

Bob

<--- See those Folding numbers? Ask me about how you can get them too!          
    Rigs:  2P E5-2650 Xeon 

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/12 08:27:37 (permalink)
    @pcmaster00
    EVGA is a good racing team. They're always tough to beat.

The checking part after the race is over seems tough to handle. This is for a competitive race, however. We're looking for a cooperative format this year, if we can find one.

@Zagen30
    Exactly right! We have to scout around and see if we can find a fun, but cooperative format.

@bobc36
    We have a good handicap points system, for a competitive race. It's simple, based on horse handicapping.

There aren't "dirty tricks", because we define "dirty" as clean. Recruiting outside the team, for instance, has been a part of the CC, since it's inception. Instead of banning it, we encourage it, because it adds to the fun, and gets more people introduced and involved in a CC race. After they have had a fun CC, they want to race again, next year.

An example would be Macaholic, last year. He's always raced with us. Folded regularly with us, for years. Said "he'd be there" for the race. Well, he was there - but racing with your team! Now Macaholic isn't just "Macaholic". He's Christian Bargmann, also, and a Super strong folder! (#30 on the All User's list, under just ONE of his folding names).

Naturally, that was an OMG! moment for OCF, and while OCF might call this a "dirty trick" during the race, it's all fun, too, and undeniably adds to the excitement of the race.  ;)   Christian went from "stalwart teammate", to "cut throat Pirate", in the blink of an eye! And in this context, that's a lot of fun.

Today, with the points inflation, we need to prevent "Super folders" from being recruited, and totally destroying the balance of the racing teams. Some folders today, are making 9+ million points per day!  That makes it a real problem if the race is team vs. team. (Brilong raced some with us this year, the super folder sbinh raced with Vietnam Global Team, etc.)

So this year, I thought we'd try Xavier's idea for a cooperative race, and see if a good race can be run this way.

The right format for a cooperative event/race has eluded us, so far, but I'm asking for help from several teams, so maybe we can find it.

I hope this puts your mind at ease about the CC, and thanks for replying.

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/12 08:37:18 (permalink)
    Let's see... We have a few threads hanging around with a lot of really good ideas. Just ignore the arguing and look for the ideas...

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1608494

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1901206

I will only say this for now...

If it is not fun for nearly every participant, I am not going to participate. Go back to the roots of the event and see what made it spread like wild fire. We all know what has killed it... Let us this time look for what works and build from there...

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/12 18:36:35 (permalink)
    The roots of the CC have no information or idea about a cooperative event/race. They were all (very) competitive, with LOTS of harsh trash talking, and etc. Not what we're looking for.

Afterburner, do you have any idea's for a fun format for a cooperative folding event or race? Something that everyone could enjoy being a part of? Fun should definitely be a major consideration. ;)

I didn't read through your linked threads because I'm sure they're full of trash talk, and arguing, from previous races. I'd rather keep the focus on this idea of a cooperative event or race. It could be a very good idea, but only if we can find a good format for it.

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/12 21:03:49 (permalink)
    Adak1
    The roots of the CC have no information or idea about a cooperative event/race. They were all (very) competitive, with LOTS of harsh trash talking, and etc. Not what we're looking for.

Afterburner, do you have any idea's for a fun format for a cooperative folding event or race? Something that everyone could enjoy being a part of? Fun should definitely be a major consideration. ;)

I didn't read through your linked threads because I'm sure they're full of trash talk, and arguing, from previous races. I'd rather keep the focus on this idea of a cooperative event or race. It could be a very good idea, but only if we can find a good format for it.

You know... Many of us work tirelessly in the background helping all year long. We work together as a team. There is no "I" in EVGA... Both of those threads went sideways because of your posts. If you are not going to take the time to read, I see no reasons I should do anything for you. You clearly did not learn from your antics of last year. 

Frankly the way you have conducted yourself on our forums I am not interested in what you have to say. All one has to do is read your post to understand my position in that matter.

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/12 23:40:29 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    You know... Many of us work tirelessly in the background helping all year long. We work together as a team. There is no "I" in EVGA... Both of those threads went sideways because of your posts. If you are not going to take the time to read, I see no reasons I should do anything for you. You clearly did not learn from your antics of last year. 

Frankly the way you have conducted yourself on our forums I am not interested in what you have to say. All one has to do is read your post to understand my position in that matter.

Of course you work to help your team, and Folding@Home. That's what good team folders do.

We had a disagreement last year. As the comedian says, "The make up sex will be awesome!"  
    I'm looking for ideas for a cooperative event or race, not an argument.

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5064
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 07:41:30 (permalink)
    100% agree with Troy's and AB's comments and I'll try be nice by simply suggesting this to Adak.  Leave us alone, go back to your home team and allow Xavier to do his job without interference here.  We are perfectly capable of working with him to develop and ferry ideas about this contest.

To answer Xavier's original request, there were lots of great ideas in those (2) threads that AB shared above.  People took time to think on new ideas and share them.  Those ideas could be a good starting point for a new CC or maybe a totally new titled all Folding Teams contest. 

I personally favor a contest designed akin to what Troy created for the March Madness that we had this year, but on a larger scale to include all Folding Teams.  It was fun, it brought people together of diverse Folding abilities and provided several combined vehicles for us all to Fold our hearts out.  If we could engineer a contest that looks across the Folding teams and pairs them up into a few combined CC teams, that could be fun.  It allows teams that don't normally Fold together to be a "collective team" (for the contest) against other combined teams of similar Folding capability/production.  The collective Teams would be defined up front and not subject to change once the contest starts.  Use no handicaps or any other form of the problems we've seen from the past that didn't work.  Since individual teams comprise the few combined teams (for the race), people can still Fold under their own Folding ID and Team name.  Then, let those combined teams run an "all out race" to the finish based on how well they can work together.

Been lurking mostly here at EVGA lately, but am still interested in reading what's happen' with my team.  As AB has said so well, we are a team all year long and it matters most what we do together, every day and the rest of the year. 

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 14:30:12 (permalink)
    Xavier will bring in the ideas of your team. I was trying to stimulate an early and quick discussion of those ideas, with the EVGA CC Captain and team.

I'm doing the same thing with several other teams, and I didn't want to leave EVGA out.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 14:47:04 (permalink)
    I am sorry but their is so much Politics now in Chimp Challenge I am loosing my Team Interest and Team Sprite.
    Yes I am new to Folding and was going to join this year's Chimp Challenge or Fall Challenge.
    Time to because a silent Folder, not sure if I will stay on our team or not.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 15:18:20 (permalink)
    Bc, please don't let what happened (or what was said regarding Chimp Challenge) affect your participation with this great team.  Of course you are always free to go wherever you feel most comfortable and you will always be a welcome member/visitor here too.  The problems with Chimp Challenge have been rather unique to that contest.  While unfortunate that there have been issues with it, there are also plenty of people (participants) that just want to show up, do the thing and declare victory from just Folding.  Gotta really love that and I respect them for it too.  We also have people in the contest with a lot of passion (and talent) for trying to making it competitive and fair.  The development of those things is not without it's challenges though.  Sometimes the contest has been negatively affected by what people believe are less than honest maneuvers to gain some unfair advantage over other teams. 

Whether CC flounders, fizzles, or flourishes, the main thing that every Folder has to hold dear is "why we Fold in the first place".  I think we all know that Folding contests are best designed and implemented when they positively encourage Folding and expand membership.  That idea has always been at the forefront of what Team EVGA is about with Folding contests, and is just one of many reasons why I call this team "home".

We do have some of the most talented people at developing Folding contests right here on this team.  I stand in awe of them and their ability to do what they do.  Whether CC is resurrected in a new/better form or not, we have other contests right here that are absolutely terrific (Time Zone Challenge, March Madness, etc).  I'd love to see you there for those contests and certainly enjoy having you on our team.  No worries either if you feel the need to change.

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 18:05:18 (permalink)
    I will say this. Seeing folks start this conversation now is a wonderful thing. 

Also... Our focus remains pure. It is about the science we help for all of humanity. We are not prejudice. CC or no CC.  I will go into battle with you all any place, any challenge, any time...

AB out...

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 18:27:09 (permalink)
    Is it okay if I pick my nose first?  Oh look... I have for the first time an Avatar.... I wonder what that means!  It is our team... we are the team... we are just plain crazy.  Let's face it... we are crazy.  It is however; for a good cause.  I'm just glad I found this place and all you nut jobs!

That said... if the team needs me... I'm there in a heart beat.  Adak.... please speak to the captains only and don't bring the drama in here you did last challenge.  It belittles the CC... and I think I can honestly say you contributed much to that. 

As always this is my opinion.  Your mileage may vary. 
    post edited by Viper97 - 2013/10/13 18:39:28

wrinvert
    R.I.P Friend
    • Total Posts : 3751
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 19:45:32 (permalink)
    anyone else think Adak is a mole sent here to screw us up? several people have asked that he go away but he wont and with every post he drives more and more of us away from the group.

bowlinra
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 883
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/13 23:38:35 (permalink)
    I'll support the team, but will have no problems if the team sits out the CC2014.

SMP: 4x AMD 61xx@3.0Ghz - 4x AMD 6176SE@2.71Ghz - 4x AMD 6172@2.41Ghz  - 2x AMD 62xx@3.3Ghz

My Setup:  Home Rack Garage Build  |  How to fold Big Points - AMD 4P / Quad Socket Design and Build Guide  |  Find some deals EVGA's AMD 4P Deals

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."  Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

bobc36
    iCX Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 05:29:22 (permalink)
    bowlinra
    I'll support the team, but will have no problems if the team sits out the CC2014.

I agree. 
    Adak1

I read through your comments, and I just want to note that I dont agree with them. Please go back to the Captain's Forum, and don't come back here to stir the pot. 

I do want to address the following:

In my system, I dont think we need to stop "Super Folder" Recruitment based on the fact it would just hurt your team in the long run.  Also, you do contradict yourself when you say:

"There aren't "dirty tricks", because we define "dirty" as clean. Recruiting outside the team, for instance, has been a part of the CC, since it's inception. Instead of banning it, we encourage it, because it adds to the fun, and gets more people introduced and involved in a CC race. After they have had a fun CC, they want to race again, next year."

But then you say this all in the same post. 

"Today, with the points inflation, we need to prevent "Super folders" from being recruited, and totally destroying the balance of the racing teams. Some folders today, are making 9+ million points per day!  That makes it a real problem if the race is team vs. team. (Brilong raced some with us this year, the super folder sbinh raced with Vietnam Global Team, etc.)"

For the record, VGT is sbinh's home team. He even has a shirt to prove it: 

All that being said, why did Zodac have to go and get married? She was much easier to work with. 

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 06:01:11 (permalink)
    bobc36
    All that being said, why did Zodac have to go and get married? She was much easier to work with. 

Thats news that I had not heard about Zodac.  Zodac could be "tough as nails" at times with CC development, but was still welcome here in my book.  Good for her(him) and I wish lots of success to both! 
    post edited by texinga - 2013/10/14 06:12:07

Adak1
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 07:49:33 (permalink)
    @bobc:
    At the time the handicap for the VGT was being calculated, sbinh was folding primarily with [H]ardOCP. I knew he folded for VGT. I did not know he was such a strong folder, until the CC started, and all his machines switched over to VGT.

The influence of super folders has grown sharply over the last year. If we continue to admit outside super folders into the CC, the teams which recruit very little, will be at a significant disadvantage.

This is not an issue with my team. We have recruited very successfully for the last two years. I would like to see the CC format changed, and keep it interesting. If we can find a good cooperative format, maybe try it.

Why do I want to work at the team level, instead of the captain's level? Because the initial input of ideas happens a LOT faster at this level. The Captains forum works at a much, MUCH slower pace. For example, I posted this same topic in the Captain's forum six days ago.

How many replies have been posted back in the Captain's forum? NONE. Nobody has posted in the Captain's forum, in several months, except me. That's why I'm here, trying to have a civil discourse.

bobc36
    iCX Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 09:28:26 (permalink)
    Adak1
    @bobc:
    At the time the handicap for the VGT was being calculated, sbinh was folding primarily with [H]ardOCP. I knew he folded for VGT. I did not know he was such a strong folder, until the CC started, and all his machines switched over to VGT.

The influence of super folders has grown sharply over the last year. If we continue to admit outside super folders into the CC, the teams which recruit very little, will be at a significant disadvantage.

This is not an issue with my team. We have recruited very successfully for the last two years. I would like to see the CC format changed, and keep it interesting. If we can find a good cooperative format, maybe try it.

Why do I want to work at the team level, instead of the captain's level? Because the initial input of ideas happens a LOT faster at this level. The Captains forum works at a much, MUCH slower pace. For example, I posted this same topic in the Captain's forum six days ago.

How many replies have been posted back in the Captain's forum? NONE. Nobody has posted in the Captain's forum, in several months, except me. That's why I'm here, trying to have a civil discourse.

Adak,

I would like to see a format that would give all teams an equal opportunity to win, that would be recycled each year without any changes to the way things are calculated. This is why I proposed a simple, yet (in my eyes) effective solution to achieve that goal. I just want to address some of your comments based on my above proposal:

• The influence of super folders has grown sharply over the last year. I agree. Over the last year, I personally have tripled my monthly output, not to mention, EVGA's output has exploded. But I feel we could go higher if all of our members knew about core 17. That is our job as a team to educate our members. 
    • If we continue to admit outside super folders into the CC, the teams which recruit very little, will be at a significant disadvantage Then they should lose. Cold Hard Facts. The original goal of the CC was to bring people to know what F @H  is. If they cant recruit, then they are not meeting the goal of the CC. 
    • This is not an issue with my team. We have recruited very successfully for the last two years. I applaud you guys, and the results have shown that. Do you guys think you could make 100 mil points before EVGA made 300 mil? Thats the type of race that I'm proposing. 
    • I would like to see the CC format changed, and keep it interesting. If we can find a good cooperative format, maybe try it. As I said above, I would like a format that every team can win. I would like to see the smaller teams like TSC Russia win, but not by a handicap. If they could (without me looking at their ppd) produce 25 mil points before your team produced 75 mil, would you consider that fair? 
    • Why do I want to work at the team level, instead of the captain's level? Because the initial input of ideas happens a LOT faster at this level. The Captains forum works at a much, MUCH slower pace.  From what I've heard, trying to get some of the other teams involved is like pulling teeth, so I understand your reasoning for going to the individual forums. 

Now like I said, I hate the CC, but I am willing to try to work on an idea of how to fix it, and make it competitive for all parties involved. 

Please let me know your comments, and I will do my best to address them.

bob
    post edited by bobc36 - 2013/10/14 09:29:40

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 11:47:32 (permalink)
    A cooperative contest, would seem strange to me. Simply because that hasn't been the format for CC, AFAIK. Whatever our TEAM decides is good for me. There have been a few useful suggestions in this thread. I do like what Bobc36 posted and AB.
    Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: CC 2014 Discussions 2013/10/14 14:38:43 (permalink)
    I'm definitely not going to cooperate.  It's a contest... a head to head against the best.  No handicapping... no toys... no guest folders.  Can't do that?  I'll shut down my rigs.  Personally the CC is still tainted.  Cooperative mode seems just another trap to me.  Nope... I'm taking my toys and not playing with others unless it's fair and my team agrees that it is so.  I'll wait for this one.  Meanwhile I've got a jaded monkey design I need to work on.  Just in case.

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile