Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4546
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 8
2013/03/18 21:15:21 (permalink)
So, I am sure most of you have heard my incessant whining and complaining over the last year at my inability to get my 680's to negotiate at Gen 3 speeds on my X79 Classified.  Well, after picking up 3 Titans and selling the 3 680's, I decided that it is ridiculous for me NOT to be able to run Gen 3, since my 7970's were doing just fine on my RIVE and I heard that others had success running Nvidia cards on Asus mainboards.

Linuxrouter was helpful enough to suggest to me the Rampage IV Formula.  The board has almost all the functions and overclocking goodness of my RIVE but costs about 100 bucks less.  Since I had already spent $1.3k on X79 mainboards, I said "that sounds good".  I am happy to announce today that ALL THREE of my TITANS are now running PCI-E 3.0 on my new RIVF after one quick run of the X79 patch by Nvidia.

I said this before and I will say it again:  When Nvidia talked about "significant variation in signal timing across different motherboards" I am certain that EVGA boards were the variation were among those that had problems. If you are running SLI + in Surround/3D and cannot access Gen 3 speeds you are gimping yourself.  Another reason to dump your X79 EVGA crapware, like the BIOS/USB issues weren't enough.

Have a lovely night...I sure as heck will now.

Edit/Update:  It looks like EVGA boards are not the only ones to have a problem.  It does not seem to be Vendor specific although I cannot find any record of an EVGA X79 board that can run more than one card at Gen 3.

So far, we have found that these boards work fine with the driver mod:

Asus RIVE  (runs up to 4 at Gen 3)
Asus RIVF  (runs up to 4 at Gen 3)
EVGA X79 Classified (runs one card at Gen 3)
Asus Sabertooth X79 (updated:  Make sure to run the Nvidia patch as ADMINISTRATOR)  runs 1-3  at Gen 3
EVGA X79 SLI  (runs one card at gen 3)
ASRock Extreme 11: 

If you have a X79 mainboard and can run at Gen 3 speeds, please post.   This may be helpful to anyone who thought of building an X79 rig.  In all honesty though, if I had not yet updated to X79 I may well just wait for Ivy-E around Q4. 
post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2013/03/26 11:38:13

86 Replies Related Threads

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/18 21:39:13 (permalink)
    While it may be possible to get a "report" of Gen3 support...

That is quite impossible in reality, as your 3930k CPU is NOT a Gen3 revision, its a PCIE Gen 2.0.
    Here is the Intel Ark page for your CPU
    http://ark.intel.com/prod...M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

I do not understand why this keeps coming up, as it says quite clearly on the Motherboard spec pages, that gen 3 is only available to CPU's that support it.

There is no "patch" that can change the PCIE version hardware that is built into the CPU
    You either bought a Gen 3.0 CPU and its supported.... or you didnt. 

Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/18 21:55:14 (permalink)
    maniacvvv

That is quite impossible in reality, as your 3930k CPU is NOT a Gen3 revision, its a PCIE Gen 2.0.

I do not understand why this keeps coming up, as it says quite clearly on the Motherboard spec pages, that gen 3 is only available to CPU's that support it.

There is no "patch" that can change the PCIE version hardware that is built into the CPU

This keeps coming up because people like you don't understand.  As someone pointed out, Intel has made mistakes (many) before regarding info on those pages.  My guess is that it has not been updated.  It really doesn't matter:

3930k, 3960x, 3820 cpus are all have the PCI-E gen 3 controller ON BOARD THE CHIP.  You cannot hack hardware that isn't there.  The problem is the signalling of X79 motherboards which is why Nvidia didn't CERTIFY (key word here) the X79 motherboads PCIE-3.0 ready with their drivers.  The 7970 runs PCIE-3.0 perfectly.  When X79 debuted, there were NO pcie3.0 cards on the market and thus could not be tested.  Gen 3 is supported but not certified on X79 although the CHIPS have the controller.   Also, it's not just REPORTING, the speeds have been confirmed.

Look, we have debated this to death and you are just plain wrong.  Thanks.

All the "patch" does is enable Gen 3 in the drivers for Nvidia cards as they are set to OFF default.  That's all the "hack" does.   Here's another thing:  The PCI-E 3.0 controller on board the Sandy-E chips is the same as on Ivy.  The chipsets are the difference.

Read all about it in this thread.  Page 2 is especially jam packed with info.  Bandwidth with Gen 3 confirmed.  http://forums.evga.com...;m=1607292&mpage=2
    post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2013/03/18 23:01:59

blackened696
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 170
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/18 22:15:51 (permalink)
    Your updated rig is really is something nice man. That sure must run like a dream. Well done..... I'm in the process of a new build and parts are on the way. I orders the evga x79 ftw. After reading your post im wondering how bad mine will be. I also did not even conceder the pci-e 3.0 for the future even though I only have a 580 atm. I have only got EVGA mobos in the past. Should I have gave Asus a try? I really do want to try the bios they offer. I posted here yesterday about it. http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1891527
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/18 22:19:50 (permalink)
    blackened696

Your updated rig is really is something nice man. That sure must run like a dream. Well done..... I'm in the process of a new build and parts are on the way. I orders the evga x79 ftw. After reading your post im wondering how bad mine will be. I also did not even conceder the pci-e 3.0 for the future even though I only have a 580 atm. I have only got EVGA mobos in the past. Should I have gave Asus a try? I really do want to try the bios they offer. I posted here yesterday about it. http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1891527

Honestly, I would stay as far away from EVGA's X79 lineup as possible.  Just read through the threads here.  Asus has the best X79 motherboards, period.  I have owned 5 Asus Boards in the last 4 years, I had to RMA one and it was quick and painless.  I know their reputation for service isn't the best but their motherboards ARE the best.:)

Thanks also for the nice words!

doorules
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4504
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 02:09:27 (permalink)
    Johnny_Utah

maniacvvv

This keeps coming up because people like you don't understand.  As someone pointed out, Intel has made mistakes (many) before regarding info on those pages.  My guess is that it has not been updated.  It really doesn't matter:

3930k, 3960x, 3820 cpus are all have the PCI-E gen 3 controller ON BOARD THE CHIP.  You cannot hack hardware that isn't there.  The problem is the signalling of X79 motherboards which is why Nvidia didn't CERTIFY (key word here) the X79 motherboads PCIE-3.0 ready with their drivers.  The 7970 runs PCIE-3.0 perfectly.  When X79 debuted, there were NO pcie3.0 cards on the market and thus could not be tested.  Gen 3 is supported but not certified on X79 although the CHIPS have the controller.   Also, it's not just REPORTING, the speeds have been confirmed.

All the "patch" does is enable Gen 3 in the drivers for Nvidia cards as they are set to OFF default.  That's all the "hack" does.   Here's another thing:  The PCI-E 3.0 controller on board the Sandy-E chips is the same as on Ivy.  The chipsets are the difference.

Read all about it in this thread.  Page 2 is especially jam packed with info.  Bandwidth with Gen 3 confirmed.  http://forums.evga.com...;m=1607292&mpage=2

It is just amazing isn't it Johnny that people still have no idea that the x79 IS pci-e 3. 

I don't think I even bother to correct them any more, let them believe what they want, probably will anyway, lol.
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 09:24:13 (permalink)
    doorules

Johnny_Utah

maniacvvv

It is just amazing isn't it Johnny that people still have no idea that the x79 IS pci-e 3. 

I don't think I even bother to correct them any more, let them believe what they want, probably will anyway, lol.

It is, or rather sad.  More so people that I doubt even have an X79 system at home...let alone 3 systems and have tested 3 different "3.0 cards" for a year and a half now.  It's like me running into the SR-2 forums and saying "oh no, you are wrong about that because look at Intel's page, it says it will only support X". without first hand knowledge and extensive testing personally.  Heck just going to Hard OCP, Anandtech, Hardwaresecrets  etc etc  etc you can see that Gen 3 does in fact work on X79 and provides tangible improvements on certain systems.

It's also sad that people don't understand the difference between "supported and certified". 

megalolman
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 403
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 09:39:30 (permalink)
    I remember the Intel webpage saying that my i7 3930k was pci-e Gen 3.0 enabled when it comes out...
    When the first pci-e 3.0 card appeared, Intel change that to pci-e Gen 2.0 certified... lol.

I will need the 3.0 for my next upgrade, a HBA for an array of SSDs.
    Intel have been made horrible mistakes with the last generations, CPU and chipset wise...

Succubi-Lair(Main Rig, dual-system) :
         Processor: AMD Ryzen 3900x @ NZXT Kraken x62 Motherboard: Gigabyte Elite X570, Memory: 32GB GSkill TridentZ 3200Mhz C14, Storage: Samsung EVO 960 M.2 NVME 250GB (Windows10 PRO), 2 x Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 NVME 1TB (2TB Raid 0 array - Games), Graphics: MSI GTX1080 Ti X @ NZXT Kraken x42, Audio: ASUS Xonar DX, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Second-System (Envy, Ruoting/WIFI AP): Gigabyte GA-J1900N_D3V, 8GB SO_DIMM 1600MHZ DDR3, 120x2 SSD Raid 0, 150W picoPSU @ Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X ITX tray

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 09:48:28 (permalink)
    Just as a note :  my Asrock build in my signature , x79 ,  has run pci gen 3.0 from the go also  .... 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 10:38:09 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b

Just as a note :  my Asrock build in my signature , x79 ,  has run pci gen 3.0 from the go also  .... 

As did my old Gigabyte board, as do both my Asus boards.  It is apparent now that the only company that has these problems on their boards are EVGA.  One card seems to work some of the time, but it is impossible to run more than 1 card on EVGA X79 at Gen 3.  

The reason that Nvidia turned Gen 3 off is due to signalling problems from the board to the chip, not that the Chip doesn't have the controller.  That is why, I propose that if Ivy-E is released it will remain on Socket 2011 and I bet you won't see any problems with signalling from the chipset on the boards.

kbnj123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 217
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 11:31:11 (permalink)
    Hi Johnny,
    I am running the Asus Sabertooth X79 board with 2 GTX 680's and can't seem to get the cards to run at PCIe 3.0. I downloaded the NVidia patch and applied it but GPU-Z is still reporting PCIe 2.0. I tried disabling SLI and rerunning the patch but still doesn't work.  I'm running Windows 8 and not sure if that may be the issue?  The motherboard is advertised as PCIe 3.0 ready.  Thanks 

• Intel Core i9 9900K/ Corsair H100i Elite Capellix
    • EVGA  Geforce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra        
    • G.Skill Aegis 32Gb DDR4 3000
    • EVGA SuperNova P3 1000w PSU 
    • Samsung 980 Pro 1TB 
    • Acer Predator XB3 4K 144Hz
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 11:48:37 (permalink)
    kbnj123

Hi Johnny,
    I am running the Asus Sabertooth X79 board with 2 GTX 680's and can't seem to get the cards to run at PCIe 3.0. I downloaded the NVidia patch and applied it but GPU-Z is still reporting PCIe 2.0. I tried disabling SLI and rerunning the patch but still doesn't work.  I'm running Windows 8 and not sure if that may be the issue?  The motherboard is advertised as PCIe 3.0 ready.  Thanks 

Hey there,

Have you checked the BIOS to ensure that GEN 3 is enabled?  Just in my experience with the RIVE and RIVF, they have been enabled by default.  I feel pretty confident that the Sabertooth defaults to it also but not certain (I also LOVE your mainboard).  I haven't done any testing on Win 8 pro with Gen 3 yet so I cannot comment on it.  If you PM me maybe I can walk you through the steps?  Like I said, some motherboards have trouble with the signalling....maybe the Sabertooth does but let's hope not.

Dan Graves
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 218
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 11:55:46 (permalink)
    maniacvvv

Funny that you keep saying this, as my 3820's page also specifies it is Gen2 : http://ark.intel.com/prod...npackagespecifications
    Yet when doing benchmark tests, enabling Gen3 increases the test score, and the card is reported back as running at full PCI-E 3 specs.
    Care to explain that to me ?

Gametag : BitsOfSkin (use that one everywhere).
    Case : Modified HAF 932
    Mobo : Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 || CPU : i7 3820 @ 4.2Ghz
    RAM : Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/12G
    PSU : Corsair TX750 || GPU : EVGA GTX 660 3GB SC Signature 2
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 12:16:31 (permalink)
    Dan Graves

maniacvvv

Funny that you keep saying this, as my 3820's page also specifies it is Gen2 : http://ark.intel.com/prod...npackagespecifications
    Yet when doing benchmark tests, enabling Gen3 increases the test score, and the card is reported back as running at full PCI-E 3 specs.
    Care to explain that to me ?

Exactly.  Talk with a number of people on these forums and they will tell you that forcing Nvidia's drivers to enable Gen 3 on X79 wil have a drastic effect on performance in a lot of cases...more so with people who are running at higher resolutions with more cards.  Fact:  The 3960x 3930k and 3820 ALL HAVE THE PCI-E 3.0 controller on die.   The certification is what is missing, that is all.  The problem is with X79, NOT the Sandy-E chips themselves.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 12:25:44 (permalink)
    kbnj123

Hi Johnny,

As said by others, I will also confirm it - I had to enable the  'GEN 3' in the BIOS screen  ,  it was on  pci-e 2.0  by default

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    kbnj123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 217
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 12:40:22 (permalink)
    Johnny_Utah

kbnj123

Hi Johnny,

Hey there,

Have you checked the BIOS to ensure that GEN 3 is enabled?  Just in my experience with the RIVE and RIVF, they have been enabled by default.  I feel pretty confident that the Sabertooth defaults to it also but not certain (I also LOVE your mainboard).  I haven't done any testing on Win 8 pro with Gen 3 yet so I cannot comment on it.  If you PM me maybe I can walk you through the steps?  Like I said, some motherboards have trouble with the signalling....maybe the Sabertooth does but let's hope not.

Hi,  Thanks for replying........Yes GEN 3 is the default setting in the BIOS. The board runs rock solid as is, but would love to try out the PCIe 3.0   I'm at work now and don't have access to my rig at the moment. I'll PM you later if its ok to try to sort things out.   

• Intel Core i9 9900K/ Corsair H100i Elite Capellix
    • EVGA  Geforce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra        
    • G.Skill Aegis 32Gb DDR4 3000
    • EVGA SuperNova P3 1000w PSU 
    • Samsung 980 Pro 1TB 
    • Acer Predator XB3 4K 144Hz
    CAxVIPER
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2994
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 13:03:20 (permalink)
    I find it funny that EVGA puts out these what they claim to be "top of the line enthusiast" motherboards but can't seem to fix any issues with them. After my z77 ftw I ended out switching to Asus also and have had no issues. 

Sounds like everything is working out nicely though with your new mobo. It is really quite disappointing that EVGA couldn't fix the issues with their motherboards or give credit toward new ones. 
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 13:42:08 (permalink)
    I have only played 2 games so far with the time I have had after putting the build back together.  I'm looking at roughly a 25 percent increase in frames with WoW and almost 35 percent with Crysis 3.  It's astounding.

/sarcasm
    Oh, I bet this is just my imagination since Sandy-E doesn't really run Gen 3.
    /end sarcasm

blackened696
    Superclocked Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 14:07:45 (permalink)
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 15 hrs. ago ([link=javascript:void(showMsgNum(1892351))]permalink[/link])
    blackened696

Honestly, I would stay as far away from EVGA's X79 lineup as possible.  Just read through the threads here.  Asus has the best X79 motherboards, period.  I have owned 5 Asus Boards in the last 4 years, I had to RMA one and it was quick and painless.  I know their reputation for service isn't the best but their motherboards ARE the best.:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry I don't know how to quote correctly so hope this will do......
    ---------------------------------
    If I do not like the x79 and I indeed run into issues with it do you know if newegg will let me send it back and get a ASUS and either pay the difference or get refunded the difference? Or am I only allowed to return for replacement of the same board? All this stuff im reading about has got me very worried. I really liked the X58 and I had no issues with it and I really want to stay loyal to EVGA so I hope I don't have the issues others have had. Are these issues present in all EVGA x79 board or just some here and there. Or does it have to do with peoples configurations and such... Thanks all....
    CAxVIPER
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2994
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 14:21:09 (permalink)
    blackened696

Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 15 hrs. ago ([link=javascript:void(showMsgNum(1892351))]permalink[/link])
    blackened696

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry I don't know how to quote correctly so hope this will do......
    ---------------------------------
    If I do not like the x79 and I indeed run into issues with it do you know if newegg will let me send it back and get a ASUS and either pay the difference or get refunded the difference? Or am I only allowed to return for replacement of the same board? All this stuff im reading about has got me very worried. I really liked the X58 and I had no issues with it and I really want to stay loyal to EVGA so I hope I don't have the issues others have had. Are these issues present in all EVGA x79 board or just some here and there. Or does it have to do with peoples configurations and such... Thanks all....

Newegg does not allow you to return MOBO. If you haven't received it yet I would seriously consider declining the shipment from UPS and just going ahead and getting an ASUS rampage IV gene/Formula or extreme 
    wrinvert
    R.I.P Friend
    • Total Posts : 3751
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 14:31:36 (permalink)
    maniacvvv

but but its on the internet so it must be true.... intel supported no, is it there YES and it does work.

linuxrouter
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8043
    • Ribbons : 104
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 14:46:48 (permalink)
    Hello Johnny,

I am glad to hear your new board is running all your new EVGA Titan cards at GEN3. This should give a nice boost in performance at the 7680x1440 resolution that you are running.
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 15:08:14 (permalink)
    linuxrouter

Hello Johnny,

I am glad to hear your new board is running all your new EVGA Titan cards at GEN3. This should give a nice boost in performance at the 7680x1440 resolution that you are running.

Thanks brother.  The board is beautiful and it lights up red underneath!  My RIVE didn't do that ;)  I will take a picture of it tonight with the lights off.  In the DD Torture Rack it looks cool reflecting off the acrylic case.  Since the board sits horizontally, the red really shines down underneath.  For right now, I just set it to 4.4 with some extra V-core and got it up and running quite quickly.  The difference in running all three Titans at Gen 3 is really amazing...it's night and day! Thank you again for your suggestion. I know I will love this board.

I had 2 x 240 Rads but decided to at another since the 3930 gives off a good amount of heat OC'd.  Instead of using another case, I used a piece of acrylic that I had tossed aside (wasn't using) and layed it down and affixed another rad to using the swiftech brace.  It's much easier to work on too. 
    post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2013/03/19 15:12:17

chump7431
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3143
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 17:40:28 (permalink)
    Pics or it never happened 

Sick PC!!!!!!!!

Build log +1
    EVGA X79 DARK, 2 EVGA 780 Classified's, I7 4930K, Custom EK H2O, 16G 2133 GSkill Ram, Corsair AX1200, 900DubsD, Logitech G700-19-35 
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 17:53:00 (permalink)
    I will take a few better so you can see the rad at the very bottom that I attached.  I took this quickly to give you an idea:

This room looks like a computer exploded...I haven't picked up yet and I will most likely get yelled at, but I was beat after I finished last night around 1am ;)

mpetts
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 245
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 17:55:09 (permalink)
    Nerd porn!

Damn Johnny, very nice. Good to see you happy again with your PC build!
    Johnny_Utah
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 17:57:13 (permalink)
    Man, I forgot to change out the fans on that 360.  Those noiseblockers and corsair fan need to be swapped out with the AP-15's that I forgot about.  Anyway, here it is

chump7431
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3143
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 17:58:14 (permalink)
    Johnny_Utah

I will take a few better so you can see the rad at the very bottom that I attached.  I took this quickly to give you an idea:

This room looks like a computer exploded...I haven't picked up yet and I will most likely get yelled at, but I was beat after I finished last night around 1am ;)

Very nice!  That AX1200 has enough powa to feed all that??

Build log +1
    EVGA X79 DARK, 2 EVGA 780 Classified's, I7 4930K, Custom EK H2O, 16G 2133 GSkill Ram, Corsair AX1200, 900DubsD, Logitech G700-19-35 
    blackened696
    Superclocked Member
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 18:31:32 (permalink)
    Newegg does not allow you to return MOBO. If you haven't received it yet I would seriously consider declining the shipment from UPS and just going ahead and getting an ASUS rampage IV gene/Formula or extreme   grrr still cant figure out how to quote here I put /quote in brackets on each side of what I was quoting.. owell and sorry

Damn :( ... Ill give it a shot anyhow I still am a believer in EVGA. And eventualy im sure a bios will come out to fix the issues. You can return to newegg within 30 days but not for refund or exchange, only for replacement for defective board...

Wow johny that looks really nice and very cool. How does a setup like that work? Do you just keep it all displayed on a table of sorts? No matter it looks really good just don't let the cat in the room lol..

Linux, Its nice to see you again. You helped and thought me a lot when I was overclocking my 920 on x58.. Be prepared to be hit up again with my new rig lmao.... I know your shaking your head thinking "not this pain in the ass guy again" lol
    wrinvert
    R.I.P Friend
    • Total Posts : 3751
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re:Gen 3 Fun with X79 2013/03/19 18:39:52 (permalink)
    chump7431

Johnny_Utah

Very nice!  That AX1200 has enough powa to feed all that??

im running about the same setup and the nex1500 says its only using 900watts in and 800watts out max while folding on everything.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile