GTA IV in Windows 8 Beta

Author
an225
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2012/11/18 15:17:49 (permalink)
So the other day I got GTA IV the Complete Edition on steam, and every time I go to lunch it it starts up then I get a Fatal Error WTV 190 witch means "Either reboot or reinstall Game For Windows LIVE" Ive done both with no luck , and I used my best friend Google already with yet again no luck. So I'm posting this here hoping some one can help out 

Thanks

PS: I think this may be in the wrong section, and if it is sorry.

3 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re:GTA IV in Windows 8 Beta 2012/11/18 15:24:47 (permalink)

Moving to the "Windows" section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re:GTA IV in Windows 8 Beta 2012/11/18 15:53:02 (permalink)
    an225

So the other day I got GTA IV the Complete Edition on steam, and every time I go to lunch it it starts up then I get a Fatal Error WTV 190 witch means "Either reboot or reinstall Game For Windows LIVE" Ive done both with no luck

There are a couple of things I think you might be able to try. First of all take a look to see if there is any update to your 'Games for Windows Live' connection. I think there is an update located here which might help with some corrections. Also you will want to update your DirectX to the most current version if you haven't already. Just download it from Microsoft's site here. Ensure that is updated to make certain you have your latest version of DirectX 11.1 for Windows 8. From what I understand Microsoft is transitioning the Games for Widows Live to XboxLive instead and you may be experiencing incompatibilities between them since the GFWL is not really compliant for Windows 8. Until that stabilizes you may still have issues with GTA 4. 

The only other thing I can think of and recommend is to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

The WTV190 error relates to a WindowsTimerFunctionsValidator inside the OS which helps communicate with the Windows Live systems backend. It's not necessarily a reinstall situation but mainly an indicator that there is some communication event which is not being utilized for Windows Live validation to their GFWL or XboxLive connections.

I also noticed you mentioned Winodws 8 Beta. There is a timer for the abilities for pre-release versions of the software and you may experience issues with it once that has been reached. Also beta pre-release OS software is bound to have additional issues which were squashed prior to it's release to manufacturing. I would ensure you are running an official copy of Windows 8 to make sure you have the latest code and fixes and not hitting on something which is an incompatibility due to it not being an official RTM version.
    post edited by James_L - 2012/11/18 15:56:24

an225
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 170
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:GTA IV in Windows 8 Beta 2012/11/20 20:26:32 (permalink)
    Thanks, I tried most of those with no luck . I guess Ill wait until I go back to windows 7 or get the full version of 8.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile