Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
KILLEROZSNIPER
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 357
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire 2012/08/29 18:59:07 (permalink)
craftmatic

I will probably get it.  I wonder what the mod community will come up with since this should add some new resources to the game.

neal0790

That castle does look cool. Has it caused you gave save to bloat at all though? ive been trying to stay away from mods with scripts since my last game saved got messed up with sounds of skyrim and deadly dragons. Managed to go from a 10mb save to a 50mb save in like 3 days. Cant even open it now, just crashes to desktop so some mods make me a little worried.

The asteria mod is really cool. I had it but uninstalled it because i have another house and the ship in like right on top of it. 

These two are by far my favorite houses ive checked out:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18112
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20241

The first one is cool because theres no doors so the light shines right it and actually adjusts to the day. Except the one time i had to kill a wolf in my bedroom. haha. The second one is amazing you should definitely check it out. It just looks so nice, you feel like its you own secret hideout.

I have the Vjarkell Castle mod and it hasn't caused any save bloating for me.  My favorite house mod is Rayek's End - Mini Hideout for its simplicity and atmosphere.  I think I will try out the one you have linked that is in a cave.

It hasn't caused any save bloating for me. Both of those house mods look nice but I will stick with vjarkell castle for now. My only complaint is there aren't enough mannequins but that isn't the mod creators fault but mine for wanting to have every single armor and weapons from mods and the game displayed 

The Mini hideout looks nice and the Grey lodge manor looks nice too but I don't want to run too many player home mods at the same time as it would be annoying to move all my stuff from one place to another again 

Also does gray lodge manor lower your fps outside? I mean there would be a lot of textures to load then

Rig Specs: 
Corsair Vengeance C70
Intel Core I7 920 at 4.1GHZ 
6GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz 
Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler 
EVGA X58 SLI LE 
MSI Radeon HD 7970       
Hitatchi 1TB HDD 
Antec  HCP 850 watt Gold   
Acer 27" Monitor
Corsair SP2500
Corsair K90 Mechanical Keyboard
Corsair M90 mouse

neal0790
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1574
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire 2012/08/29 20:15:04 (permalink)
KILLEROZSNIPER

craftmatic

I will probably get it.  I wonder what the mod community will come up with since this should add some new resources to the game.

neal0790

That castle does look cool. Has it caused you gave save to bloat at all though? ive been trying to stay away from mods with scripts since my last game saved got messed up with sounds of skyrim and deadly dragons. Managed to go from a 10mb save to a 50mb save in like 3 days. Cant even open it now, just crashes to desktop so some mods make me a little worried.

The asteria mod is really cool. I had it but uninstalled it because i have another house and the ship in like right on top of it. 

These two are by far my favorite houses ive checked out:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18112
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20241

The first one is cool because theres no doors so the light shines right it and actually adjusts to the day. Except the one time i had to kill a wolf in my bedroom. haha. The second one is amazing you should definitely check it out. It just looks so nice, you feel like its you own secret hideout.

I have the Vjarkell Castle mod and it hasn't caused any save bloating for me.  My favorite house mod is Rayek's End - Mini Hideout for its simplicity and atmosphere.  I think I will try out the one you have linked that is in a cave.

It hasn't caused any save bloating for me. Both of those house mods look nice but I will stick with vjarkell castle for now. My only complaint is there aren't enough mannequins but that isn't the mod creators fault but mine for wanting to have every single armor and weapons from mods and the game displayed 

The Mini hideout looks nice and the Grey lodge manor looks nice too but I don't want to run too many player home mods at the same time as it would be annoying to move all my stuff from one place to another again 

Also does gray lodge manor lower your fps outside? I mean there would be a lot of textures to load then

Theres two versions of the grey ledge manor. The one i linked supposedly has some performance loss in the area but i havent noticed anything but then again i have two 670's. Theres a grey lodge manor 2 that removes a few things for people that dont have alot of power. They both pretty much look the same i think he just said he removed a few things outside. But i love the house its really unique being able to see right in the house and look out at the view and being able to stoll in and out as you please. Plus the sun shines in on different part of the days. It just really is a great house. lol

The cave one i linked too is just absolutely breath taking when you walk in. The guy or girl really went into detail on everything. Theres fireflys around to light the place with rivers and steams cutting though the rooms. You can even look up at night and see the stars because the top has an opening. Plus its in a part of the map that really doesnt have that many houses surrounding it. Since it seems like everyone who makes houses puts them in the same 3 areas. 
post edited by neal0790 - 2012/08/29 20:21:03

Case: CM Storm Stryker
CPU: i7 3820
Mobo:  Asus Rampage Extreme IV x79
Ram: 16GB Kingston HyperX
GPU: 3x670 SC 4GB
PSU: Corsair AX1200
SSD/HDD: 128GB Crucial M4/2TB+1TB Seagate Barricuda
Monitors: Asus VG278HE 27" 144hz 3D 1080p/ Acer H5630 3D projector 85" 
G700/Razer Black Widow Ultimate/G27 Racing Wheel/Razer Nostromos
Mod Rigs Give Me A +1 If You Like It
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2