Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 20
2011/02/14 07:26:06 (permalink)
I have a buddy that goes mountain biking and I want to get into it too. I have some tank I bought from Walmart years bike that I have been putting around but I want a REAL bike. Do I need to go somewhere and get "fitted" or something? I am only 5' 9" ( and 3/4!!!) but I am all torso with short legs. I am going through a fat stage but started running again and I am right around 220 (hey, I do have some muscles too so I carry it well) I want my feet to touch the ground and I love jumping stuff. Do they have a man made material that is strong enough for my great fatness and that is semi light? Any suggestions or websites to look at? What am I looking at price wise for a fairly decent bike? Thanks for the help!

46 Replies Related Threads

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9599
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 07:43:53 (permalink)
    I'm a Cannondale guy myself when it comes to mountain biking!  Also there is TREK and Specialized which is another great brands.

Give those three a good look over as they have many different kinds to meet your style.  They can be a bit pricey but they are top quality bikes unlike your Walmart crap!

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

Bowenac
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5669
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:06:20 (permalink)
    What is your budget you can spend over 10k on a bike.

Also do you want a hard tail or full suspension.

I ride a D640 hard tail.

Some really good bikes to look at would be.

Transition
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/Home.cfm
    Kona
    http://www.konaworld.com/bikes.cfm
    Santa Cruz
    http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/home/
    Yeti
    http://www.yeticycles.com/

Some good forums and classifieds are.
    Ride Monkey
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/
    Pink Bike
    http://www.pinkbike.com/

Holo
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3328
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:08:59 (permalink)
    Bowenac

What is your budget you can spend over 10k on a bike.

Also do you want a hard tail or full suspension.

I ride a D640 hard tail.

Some really good bikes to look at would be.

Transition
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/Home.cfm
    Kona
    http://www.konaworld.com/bikes.cfm
    Santa Cruz
    http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/home/
    Yeti
    http://www.yeticycles.com/

Some good forums and classifieds are.
    Ride Monkey
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/
    Pink Bike
    http://www.pinkbike.com/

Price of your bike?

Bowenac
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:12:28 (permalink)
    I bought mine used for $350 I think some where around there. Stock it was $950 new... plus aftermarket Avid Juicy brakes, bars, rims, pedals, so I got a good deal on it. I ride a lot of downhill trails, mountain bike parks, and I am really happy with the hard tail. I do however want to get a nice full suspension for some of the trails I do ride that are really rocky and rooty.
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:27:41 (permalink)
    WOW! I had no idea that can get so pricey! I was thinking around $200- $300 if I could find something used. Is there different sizes or weight classes? What is the difference of a suspension vs hardtail setup besides the obvious?
    Bowenac
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:30:57 (permalink)
    agent8

WOW! I had no idea that can get so pricey! I was thinking around $200- $300 if I could find something used. Is there different sizes or weight classes? What is the difference of a suspension vs hardtail setup besides the obvious?

You should be able to find a pretty good bike for 2-300 used. There are different sizes but usually S M L something like that. A lot of bikes have different geometry so it kind of comes down to what feels good when you are talking about trails and dirt jumping... I think it is a lot different then getting a bike for road where everything should be just perfect.

When I am riding trails or the park. I hardly ever use my seat, so I just lower it all the way down when riding trails or park. When I am riding easy trails I will raise my seat... And the difference in suspension is the obvious. Where are you from? I could help you source something on craigslist or something. Or you can send me a pm of something you are interested and I can give you my opinion on it.

Oh and make sure what ever you get has disk brakes. Otherwise you will be replacing a lot of pads and depending on your trails you ride they could boil off by the time you get to the bottom.
    post edited by Bowenac - 2011/02/14 08:36:46
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 08:39:27 (permalink)
    Bowenac

agent8

You should be able to find a pretty good bike for 2-300 used. There are different sizes but usually S M L something like that. A lot of bikes have different geometry so it kind of comes down to what feels good when you are talking about trails and dirt jumping... I think it is a lot different then getting a bike for road where everything should be just perfect.

When I am riding trails or the park. I hardly ever use my seat, so I just lower it all the way down when riding trails or park. When I am riding easy trails I will raise my seat... And the difference in suspension is the obvious. Where are you from? I could help you source something on craigslist or something. Or you can send me a pm of something you are interested and I can give you my opinion on it.

Oh and make sure what ever you get has disk brakes. Otherwise you will be replacing a lot of pads and depending on your trails you ride they could boil off by the time you get to the bottom.

Thanks! That would be awesome! I am still in the research phase  but I would appreciate that when I get closer to finding what I want. I live in the desert near Palm Springs, my friend that rides lives in Yucaipa.
    wmarples
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 223
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 12:59:03 (permalink)
    I dont ride, but have 2 friends that do.  Based on listening to them and what they do, find a good at least semi-local bike shop and get to know the owner or manager.  They can help with everything from sizing and bike selection to repairs and add-on parts. 
    bucyrus5000
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3153
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 13:25:23 (permalink)
    like most hobbies it's a pricey one. I used to do archery, before my shoulder was shot, not a cheap hobby either. Painting can be cheap (watercolors). Reading has a low investment of money. Being a Foodie can be expensive, but you need to eat anyway. Running can be pretty cheap, but few people get that joy from it, and it can cause health problems. Fishing can be pricey, but fun, not too much self-improvement though.

Going to be hard to find a hobby that costs little and improves you.

Rant about what Grinds Your Gears HERE

Need help finding places to shop for computer goods? Find stores HERE and review them.
    cjgentile
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1009
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 13:27:20 (permalink)
    I haven't ridden in a while but I used to every weekend. I started out on a toys r us bike and use it for about a year back when I was younger and really started liking it. I saved up about $500 and got myself a Trek 8000. $400 on craigslist with clipless pedals and a bike stand included. I'm 5'9 and have a 19.5in frame but I only weigh 125. Later on I bought a much nicer helmet and a camelbac. I should get back on the trails sometime. Mountain biking is only as expensive as you make it. Ive spent about $600-$700 total. Helmet, shoes, gloves etc... You could spend 5K-8K on just a bike.

post edited by cjgentile - 2011/02/14 13:34:00

i7 5820k // 1080Ti FE // X99 Micro2

Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12267
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 13:39:57 (permalink)
    bucyrus5000

lRunning can be pretty cheap, but few people get that joy from it, and it can cause health problems.

please splain o.O

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
    STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

Bowenac
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 13:45:00 (permalink)
    Nex_Lupus

bucyrus5000

lRunning can be pretty cheap, but few people get that joy from it, and it can cause health problems.

please splain o.O

Yea since when does running cause health problems this is news to me.
    bucyrus5000
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 13:51:14 (permalink)
    Bowenac

Nex_Lupus

bucyrus5000

please splain o.O

it's a high impact sport and thus damages knees, ankles, causes shin splints, lower-back pain, dehydration, and even heart attacks.

Need help finding places to shop for computer goods? Find stores HERE and review them.
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 14:34:21 (permalink)
    And pc games can trigger epilepsy too. I think any sport or activity can be problematic to your health. Heck I can't think of any sport that doesn't have the risk of a heart attack. Eat big macs= heart attack. Run= heart attack.

I just can't win...
    bucyrus5000
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 14:39:19 (permalink)
    agent8

And pc games can trigger epilepsy too. I think any sport or activity can be problematic to your health. Heck I can't think of any sport that doesn't have the risk of a heart attack. Eat big macs= heart attack. Run= heart attack.

I just can't win...

the trick is to find something you love and die doing it I guess. 

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 14:49:50 (permalink)
    Agent there is lots of stuff you need to consider man. You say you're 5'9" you will want to go with a small or medium frame at the largest. 15" - 17.5" is the size range for a frame you should be looking at. Anything larger will probably be too big for you.

As for fitting, there is definitely some setting up you need to do for your bike. 1st is when you pick a bike is that you have them properly adjust your seat height. The idea is that you don't want your leg completely straight at full extension of the pedal stroke nor do you want it too bent. Too much in either direction can cause stress on your knees, and make riding painful.

Next is depending on the bike if it has hydraulic brakes is to adjust pad contact for braking pressure to your liking or riding style. You can them set it to a quick twitch feel where the brakes are full on the instant you squeeze them or for a more progressive feel where the brakes don't fully engage until mid grip of the bar. This is going to depend on your riding style and what feels comfortable to you.

But before all that you have to find a bike that suits the riding you want to do. Do you want to be a trail or cross country rider or more of a all mountain or free ride type of rider? This will greatly impact your purchase decision of a bike. For trail or cross country riding you're going to be looking at hard tail (front suspension only bikes) or full suspension bikes with 80 - 120mm of travel and generally going to be in the 22 - 28lb range for weight.Cross country or trail riding generally doesn't have a lot of big drops or punishing climbs. Thus you don't need a real beefy bike. In this discipline, weight saving and speed are more valued.

If you want an all mountain or free ride type bike you're definitely going to be in the full suspension range with 130 - 170mm of travel. All mountain and free ride has considerably more drops and climbs than the above and is really something that you should get into only after having gotten comfortable with your bike and how it handles.

I used to ride multiple times a week (3 - 4 times a week) at local parks and made regular trips to North Carolina and Colorado to do some heavy duty all all mountain bombing. But since the baby arrived, I've gone one since December....lol

Anyway, I ride a Felt Redemption Team that I pretty much built to suit me with components. She's a beast weighing in at 34lbs but will tame the roughest trails and with 165mm of travel front and rear makes it really smooth while doing it.

Felt Redemption Team frame 17.5"
    Marzocchi bomber 55 ATA fork
    Fox DHX 5.0 rear shock
    Shimano XT shifters
    Avid Juicy 7 hydraulic brakes (203mm front 180mm rear)
    Shimano XT Shadow rear derailleur
    Fizik Gobi XM seat
    Shimano SLX crank
    WTB Dual Duty FR rims
    WTB Velociraptor tires

post edited by CraptacularOne - 2011/02/14 15:48:07

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    G H Z
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 14:57:08 (permalink)
    BowenacI ride a D640 hard tail.

Nice wheels.  Saddles a bit low, unless you're 4' tall or never sit in it.  Ever ride Capitol Forest?  Try the Abyss out of Nanimo sometime, awesome ride.
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 15:22:12 (permalink)
    Craptacular, that bike looks SWEET!!!
    So aside from the extra weight and more comfortable ride, is there any other difference between the hardtails? Around where I live it is mostly just dumb dirt roads but I also live less than 30 minutes away from the Joshua Tree national Monument. I dream of jumping like I used to when I rode dirt bikes but I have a good feeling, that ain't gonna happen. For a large part, I want to ride while my wife runs to get under 200 pounds and get fit before I do anything too crazy so at first, it is mostly going to be dirt roads with inclines but later, it will probably be desert type of riding. Those pedals look weird and I am freaked out seeing disk brakes on a bike! They have come along way from my toys R us BMX turd I had as a kid!
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 15:53:31 (permalink)
    I can't wait to get on my bike, now that it is getting warmer outside. I wish I could have a bike like CraptacularOne's... But those are a bit too far from my price range. I forked out $550 for my Specialized.

I would recommend checking Craigslist, always people buying nice bikes and never riding em. My buddy found a guy selling a nice specialized bike similar to mine for 150 dollars on craigslist. So it's not like you have to buy it brand new.

Here is my bike:

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:08:05 (permalink)
    agent8

Craptacular, that bike looks SWEET!!!
    So aside from the extra weight and more comfortable ride, is there any other difference between the hardtails? Around where I live it is mostly just dumb dirt roads but I also live less than 30 minutes away from the Joshua Tree national Monument. I dream of jumping like I used to when I rode dirt bikes but I have a good feeling, that ain't gonna happen. For a large part, I want to ride while my wife runs to get under 200 pounds and get fit before I do anything too crazy so at first, it is mostly going to be dirt roads with inclines but later, it will probably be desert type of riding. Those pedals look weird and I am freaked out seeing disk brakes on a bike! They have come along way from my toys R us BMX turd I had as a kid!

The way you ride a hard tail is different. You have to be more precise with the line you pick as they are far less forgiving than a full suspension bike. The ride is a little more jarring but they do accelerate faster and generally climb a bit better thanks to having a fixed rear wheel and no pedal bob.

I'd suggest you get a full suspension trail bike if you have any plans of wanting to do any more difficult riding in the future. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. They not only ride better and more comfortable but they let you grow into them and are more forgiving of any mistakes you make if you picked a bad line or an unexpected root pops up.

My pedals are egg beater's. They call them that because they, well, look like an old egg beater. You clip into them with your bike shoes. Clipping in ensures that your feet don't slip off the pedals and also help you with your pedaling efficiency as you can keep power on while pulling and pushing with your feet for uninterrupted power to the rear wheel (really important on climbs) and they don't clog with mud if the trail gets wet. And the disc brakes are light years better than the old "V" brakes or cantilever brakes that grip the sides of the rims. Disc brakes are less susceptible to mud and debris than the older styles. Since they are higher up than the rims they don't get as much gunk in them to foul up.

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:18:30 (permalink)
    RainStryke

I can't wait to get on my bike, now that it is getting warmer outside. I wish I could have a bike like CraptacularOne's... But those are a bit too far from my price range. I forked out $550 for my Specialized.

I would recommend checking Craigslist, always people buying nice bikes and never riding em. My buddy found a guy selling a nice specialized bike similar to mine for 150 dollars on craigslist. So it's not like you have to buy it brand new.

Here is my bike:

Nice bike man, I too have a specialized hard tail that I ride when I do single track trails. It's like a rocket in the twisties and slow rolling hills.

And as for the price of my Redemption full suspension bike you don't wanna know.......it was easily over 5 grand.....

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:24:49 (permalink)
    Wait, your shoes are clipped in? That sounds like a recipe for death! Bike shoes? Yikes, this sounds expensive already! I am thinking full suspension is the way to go for me. I will check craigslist in the next few days and ask you guys what you all think. Thanks for all the helpful input!
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:29:41 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne

RainStryke

Here is my bike:

Nice bike man, I too have a specialized hard tail that I ride when I do single track trails. It's like a rocket in the twisties and slow rolling hills.

And as for the price of my Redemption full suspension bike you don't wanna know.......it was easily over 5 grand.....

Ouch, pretty heavy price, but definitly a quality bike. I'd love to have full suspension and disc breaks.

The picture I took is on the trail I was riding on. Talk about fast, i'm 5"11 and was about 260LB at the time going down a steep hill with a 90 degree turn at the bottom of the hill. I tried to take the turn and went streight into the rocks and tree's... Freakin sucked. I was drifting and everything, thought I had the turn till I hit some sand. Last time i'll ever let my self move that fast down that hill.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:34:39 (permalink)
    agent8

Wait, your shoes are clipped in? That sounds like a recipe for death! Bike shoes? Yikes, this sounds expensive already! I am thinking full suspension is the way to go for me. I will check craigslist in the next few days and ask you guys what you all think. Thanks for all the helpful input!

You'll definitely fall down a few times getting used to being clipped in. So I'd suggest practicing clipping in and out while in your front yard or while holding on to something until you get used to the idea. It's really easy to get in and out as all you have to do is twist your foot to get out. But it's not a natural motion as most people when they panic on a bike their 1st instinct is to try and pick your foot up and off. that doesn't work while being clipped in, so you'll have to get used to the idea of having to twist your foot to the side before you can get out. It's really not that bad and like anything, with a little practice you ca do it very quickly. Trust me the benefits far out weigh the negatives. It's a god send to have the security of being sure footed and knowing that you feet aren't going to slip off the pedals when the going gets rough. Trust me you'll hate me when you fall in the beginning and people laugh but you'll thank me later when you're taming the nastiest parts of the trails while your friends had to get off and walk their bikes....

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:44:47 (permalink)
    RainStryke

CraptacularOne

RainStryke

Here is my bike:

Ouch, pretty heavy price, but definitly a quality bike. I'd love to have full suspension and disc breaks.

The picture I took is on the trail I was riding on. Talk about fast, i'm 5"11 and was about 260LB at the time going down a steep hill with a 90 degree turn at the bottom of the hill. I tried to take the turn and went streight into the rocks and tree's... Freakin sucked. I was drifting and everything, thought I had the turn till I hit some sand. Last time i'll ever let my self move that fast down that hill.

Yeah, the price was high, but honestly I saved a good bit by getting the parts separately. A bike configured they way I have it, would have cost easily 6 - 7 grand in a shop.

Oh man, I love the downhill parts of the trails. I was riding last summer in NC in the Pisgah forrest on a trail called "thrift cove" and dude, I hit like 45+mph on some of the descents. What a rush! Streaking down the side of the mountain, jumping over all kids of stuff and just bombing down the trail! That was the 1st time I really just let her rip. I wanted to see what she could do. Let me tell you, I was glad I spent the money I did on my bike while doing that. Lesser bikes would have surely met their maker....probably myself included had I not had the gear to handle it.

sublimation
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 248
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 16:55:18 (permalink)
    I know I busted it big time the first few times I took my CrankBrothers Candie's into the woods. Being clipped in is SO useful though. being able to get that power on your upstroke is priceless! I have a Specialized HardRock Sport. I love it! Almost time to get back to the trails too. I can't wait. You can definitely pick up a decent used bike in the $300 range. Finding a local bike shop will be of tremendous help. Having someone knowledgeable to help you learn the sport's ins, outs and technicalities in person will do wonders.

Harlequin: 
    i7-2600K//MSI P67A-GD65(B3)//4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600//Sapphire Radeon HD 7970//ASUS Xonar D1//OCZ Agility 2 SSD 60GB//2X WD Caviar Green 1TB//Corsair H70//Corsair AX850//Corsair Graphite 600T//Win 7 Pro 64-bit
    Peripherals:
    Samsung Syncmaster 226BW//ASUS 224U X2//Razer Lycosa//Razer Naga & DeathAdder//Razer Nostromo//360 Wireless Controller//Ultrasone PRO 550

Pile in the corner:
    nForce 650i//C2D E8400 @ 3.0GHz//6GB DDR2-800MHz//9800GT 512//640 GB HDD//Win Vista 64  

Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12267
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 17:34:25 (permalink)
    bucyrus5000

Bowenac

Nex_Lupus

bucyrus5000

please splain o.O

it's a high impact sport and thus damages knees, ankles, causes shin splints, lower-back pain, dehydration, and even heart attacks.

not with proper footwear =D

http://www.vibramfivefing...gers-KSO-Trek-Mens.htm

i haz a pair and they feel so weird yet so cool =D and healthier for running

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
    STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

Bowenac
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/14 18:41:34 (permalink)
    G H Z

BowenacI ride a D640 hard tail.

Nice wheels.  Saddles a bit low, unless you're 4' tall or never sit in it.  Ever ride Capitol Forest?  Try the Abyss out of Nanimo sometime, awesome ride.

Yea I don't sit in it that much when riding trails, or DJ...  When riding on the road to get to a trail or park I will raise it haha. Most of the trails I ride there is not much pedaling so there is no point in having my seat up. I have not road at Cap, usually just the local trails where I live, Tiger Mountain, I-5 Colonnade, Banner Forest, etc.
    TitCobra
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 282
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:I Want to get into mountain biking but I know zip about it 2011/02/18 19:33:20 (permalink)
    Its not exactly an entry bike but I feel like showing my baby anyways :) I had no idea there were MB threads on the EVGA forums. 

Was going for a rasta theme. Took a picture of the headset to demonstrate that.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile