EVGA

GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
invite
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2011/03/03 11:02:39 (permalink)
So I made my own thread a while back having the same problem as many people in this thread.  Since then I got a bigger case + more fans to help with heat, and a larger power supply in the case that it was a power or heat problem.  I tried every driver suggestion in this thread, as well as disabling things, changing things, and uninstalling things; and still have the problem.

It seems like a lot of people that bought their cards and are having this problem, bought them in a relatively similar time frame.  Not to mention, in my case, it was myself and my friend, who bought them the same day from tigerdirect and we have 2 entirely different PC builds, but have the same EXACT problem.

Too many coincidences and people having the same exact issues on entirely different builds with entirely different set ups and settings.  Seems more hardware related to the card itself imo.
post edited by invite - 2011/03/03 11:04:42
plamlam
  • Total Posts : 4
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2012/06/11 15:37:04 (permalink)
No question about it...  It had to be a bad batch.  I finally gave up with mine after a year of random freezing.  My GT240 would randomly freeze while opening Firefox. Would unquestionably freeze while trying to play Mass Effect 3.

Tried undoing my overclock... Didn't work
Tried purely new drivers...  Didn't work
Tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows...  Didn't work

Took out the GT 240, threw in an old Radeon HD 3870 (consumes more power, generates a crap load more heat)... And guess what? Completely stable.  Tested with every stress test I could do (FurMark, IntelBurn Test, Prime95).

I'd love for EVGA to RMA or give us all credit for a new card based on what we had paid for these lemons but I really doubt it.  This is my first EVGA product and honestly, it hasn't left me with too much love for this company.
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2039
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 11:33:53 (permalink)
Dear plamlam,

I can confirm that EVGA is here to support our customers. If you should have a problem with your graphics card, please contact our 24 hour technical support at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or email me directly at chrisb@evga.com. I can confirm that the GT 240 is a good series without fault, but if there is a problem with your product then we are here to assist. 

post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2013/01/29 11:38:34

jlive
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 237
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 11:50:46 (permalink)
Look guys it only took from Friday, July 02, 2010 3:38 PM to today January 29 2013 1:34 PM and me raising a storm to get a response. Yet they still won't acknowledge the problem, even after NVIDIA has taken them off the market due to its problem and lack of sales.

Your support team should feel ashamed of itself, each and every one of you. Instead of ignoring the problem acting as if it doesn't exist and nothing is wrong with these cards when so many reached out for help you guys should have sent everyone who reached out for help on here an equal replacement card without all the problems.

To anyone reading this, check the reviews of this card, the problem isn't isolated to people who asked for help in this forum either. Support says it's a good series without fault, I and many others can confirm it is a nightmare of a card with plenty of faults. How can you site there at your desks and lie to us? Does it make you feel good? Are you sadistic, you enjoy watching us suffer?
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 12:13:02 (permalink)
Dear jlive,

Thank you for your concerns. I can confirm that we are here to support our customers and I recommend reading through the previous posts on this thread as there are multiple customers stating that they are not having any problems. I can confirm that the GT 240 series is a good series and EVGA is always here to support our customers.

I can confirm that I see no mention of any problems besides a fan request in your case and we have assisted with having that replaced for you.

If any customers should have a problem with their product we do care and that is why I wanted to make sure that these posts no matter how old were responded to as we are here for our customers.

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 12:23:29 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChrisB

Dear jlive,

Thank you for your concerns. I can confirm that we are here to support our customers and I recommend reading through the previous posts on this thread as there are multiple customers stating that they are not having any problems. I can confirm that the GT 240 series is a good series and EVGA is always here to support our customers.

I can confirm that I see no mention of any problems besides a fan request in your case and we have assisted with having that replaced for you.

If any customers should have a problem with their product we do care and that is why I wanted to make sure that these posts no matter how old were responded to as we are here for our customers.

Well, you didn't look very hard because it's on the first page of this thread!

Quoting myself from the first page of this thread:
"Why hasn't this issue been resolved by tech support on here? It's been months. I just bought a new 240 and am having the same problem. At the very least come in here and say if it's hardware or driver related. There's conflicting information here and abroad about it with 0 stance by Nvidia or EVGA. Do your damn jobs and fix the problem now or you'll definitely lose me as a customer for life! This is exactly how many companies end up failing in the long run. You ignore your consumers, then sales drop off, profits shrink, and the company ceases to exist."

You see this card has caused me nightmares from day one. You guys did nothing to help me from day one. You know if a car has a defect that causes the car to accelerate on its own and it only happens to some of the car owners of that model that doesn't mean the car is without fault. It means the car is faulty and may possibly kill people. It will promptly be pulled out of and fixed or discontinued.

I think you and NIVIDIA knew the cards were defective so NVIDIA stopped selling them. And, you guys chose to ignore the problem hoping we would all just go away, well not me, I won't go away silently. I won't let you walk all over all the people who were duped into buying a gt 240. I've had enough of the runaround.

FYI, I also mentioned the card crashing my PC in other threads on here, your company simply does not care.

EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 12:33:57 (permalink)
Dear jlive,

I can confirm that we had processed a RMA for you after your post was made and we were not contacted again until just recently about a fan problem with your current card. I can confirm that we are here to assist you just like we did originally when the card was acting up for you. We care about all of our customers and we will continue to do our very best to ensure that all EVGA customers are supported with their products.

If you do receive the replacement GT 240 which was sent out yesterday and continue to have a problem or have any concerns with the stability of the card we are here to help for 30 days from the time it is received.

I can once again assure you that there was not a problem with this series and that we are here to help our customers if they should need support with their products.

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 12:48:56 (permalink)
Of course I haven't contacted you since I got the card back, you never responded to our problems on here in this very thread. You guys never responded to my support ticket after I got the card back either! How many times am I supposed to contact you guys to get a response? I called and the support person basically said sorry deal with it, get a refund if you can, if you can't tough, not our problem. smh

Look everyone there's nothing wrong with the gt 240 series of cards, just hundreds of people having/had problems with them, that's all.
https://forums.geforce.co...range-gt-240-problem/1

http://forums.evga.com...x?m=744085&mpage=1
poor guy bought a new power supply because of this faulty graphics card. smh

I will update with more and more.
  http://www.tomshardware.c...-screen-freezing-issue

https://forums.geforce.co...h-while-playing-games/

Poor guy had to blog about it out of frustration and desperation. smh
http://hugsalot.wordpress...gt-crashes-on-youtube/
http://www.helpowl.com/q/...0screen-crashing/30551
http://forum.nexoneu.com/...-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-240
http://www.tech-forums.ne...crash-computer-236147/
  http://www.techsupportfor...s-computer-541671.html
Some reviews
Pros: works in DOS and 640x480 resolutions
Cons: I'm not sure what the problem with this card is but it has serous compatibility issue. Its driver crashes and problems are completely random and something might work for hours then suddenly will never open without crashing.

I'v only tested on Win7x64, but after every driver version produces the same effects on 3 different RMA'd cards - There is only one conclusion.
Other Thoughts: RMA to XFX, which means I can't return to newegg and stuck with this junk.

Was hoping for a well performing low priced card but all I got was a headache, $20 wasted on RMA shipping

Did you find this review helpful?
  • Dyang
  • 5/21/2011 7:24:52 PM
  • Tech Level:
  • Ownership: Verified Owner

Bad decision

Pros: None. Only bright side is Newegg service.
Cons: The worst video card decision ever. I had to troubleshoot issues for 4 days straight!! I went thru 5-6 fresh windows 7 install and 12 different variations for drivers. I even used the driver by windows update. They all fail miserably!!! See other reviewers having same problem.

Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Successfully Recovered. <---- google this and you will see that Nvidia based cards are having all sorts of issues.

I RMA'd card back to Newegg and went with ATI based card on same system and it runs now flawless. Thanks goes to Newegg for helping resolve this issue.‎
Other Thoughts: Nvidia used to have the best driver support.... I guess that is no longer true. The tables have turned.

0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • N/A
  • 3/4/2011 3:45:39 AM
  • Tech Level:

Dont Buy It

Pros: ill get back to you on this. none now.
Cons: constant crash of drive "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". pixels during play /or screen goes green. REFUND please
Other Thoughts: newegg had fast shipping

0 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • Angry
  • 3/3/2011 7:08:42 PM
  • Tech Level:

Never

Pros: Easy to install and low power requirements.
Cons: Over heating, freezing up, BSOD.
Other Thoughts: Worked fine for about 2-3 days and then the issues started piling up. If you are thinking about buying this card then DON'T. To give you an idea, it freezes whilst playing Minecraft and League of Legends.

0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • bb925
  • 1/7/2011 11:56:43 AM
  • Tech Level:
  • Ownership:

Another bad card

Pros: I'm sure if it was working, the card would fly through anything you threw at it...
Cons: ... unfortunately, like many of the other reviews, my time with it has been a hair pulling experience trying to fix random driver crashes and BSODs. I boot into the desktop just fine, but start any graphic intensive program and the whole thing freezes up and get's errors.
Other Thoughts: Hopefully I can replace it with a different model.

0 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • Shroomalistic
  • 7/5/2010 6:29:22 PM
  • Tech Level:

Bad luck with it too.

Pros: None other then it was cheap and I got sf4 free with it.
Cons: Having the same issues, random freezes and nvidia driver has recovered stuff. Ive tried everything, different computers, different slots, fresh installs, different drivers. NOthing fixed the problem.

I tried to get it resolved with xfx support and told them how I was getting all kinds of issues with driver crashing and what not. they replied back " Video card drivers have been happening since there has been video cards" what the hell is that supposed to meen. Im not a moron I understand the whole driver thing.

Another thing I noticed, check out the card with gpu-z. it will bounce between pcie 1.0 and 2.0
Other Thoughts: until people start posting more postive stuff about this card, I would try a different model. its not the xfx brand that is the problem, its this particular model that is.

1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • Fox
  • 6/22/2010 9:17:59 AM
  • Tech Level:

Same problems as other!

Pros: None!
Cons: This card is horrible! Tried many drivers and versions of Windows (XP, Vista and 7) with no avail. Tried alternate PCI-E slot and same problem. Comp froze no matter what I did and come to find out it's this video card. I have my old 8500GS in and not one problem. I've researched for the past few days and there is no fixing the problem so far. Not sure if it's a defect or a driver problem till Nvidia can figure this out. DON'T BUY THIS CARD!!!
Other Thoughts: At least my first refund experience has gone well with newegg so it's not all that bad......time to search for a new card again

1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • programmer4life
  • 6/13/2010 1:26:59 PM
  • Tech Level:

RMA replacement is also a dud

Pros: None.
Cons: Manufacturing defects.
Other Thoughts: This is a follow up to a review I posted earlier. I was having major stability issues with that card-- the computer usually froze or blue screened when booting into Windows. Was stable enough to get into Windows and play a game once in a while with some graphical corruption.

Anyway, just received my replacement through Newegg RMA and this one is vastly more stable than the previous but, unfortunately, is also defective. It will always boot into Windows and run for a minute or two but before long the screen becomes sprinkled with colory pixels just before it crashes. The display resets and comes back a moment later with a popup bubble from Windows which says the driver stopped working but was able to recover. I did get one blue screen when setting the resolution. Will not buy from XFX again-- or anyone else that sources their manufacturing from China. FAIL.

Intel Core i7 920
Intel DX58SO
650W Corsair Power Supply
etc...
Manufacturer Response: Sounds odd to have this issue with two products please contact myself at Neweggsupport@xfxforce.com so I can help get this solved.

0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • REVOLV3R
  • 5/24/2010 5:41:46 PM
  • Tech Level:

Skip this one

Pros: Cheap price, lifetime warranty
Cons: No matter what driver I use, the display driver crashes randomly in win 7 64. This is a clean install of windows on new hardware. I swap the card out, and the system runs rock solid.
Other Thoughts: Card and heat sink look really "cheesy" odd tall heatsink.
Manufacturer Response: Hello REVOLV3R,
Have you started a ticket at www.xfxfroce.com or called them at 800-880-3225 so we can help with your situation?

1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
  • programmer4life
  • 5/14/2010 12:33:02 AM
  • Tech Level:

Beware

Pros: Inexpensive, reasonably quiet. When it works, blows away my XFX 7600GS.
Cons: Only one DVI port. Major stability issues.
Other Thoughts: Received mine a couple of days ago. Having major stability issues. Usually the desktop locks up once I log into Windows-- sometimes I can get into a game. Graphics are corrupted. Literally took apart my computer all the way down to the CPU and reseated everything-- just to make sure it wasn't something else. Even reset the BIOS back to factory defaults. Finally reinstalled my old card and suddenly no more problems. Computer is stable, no more BSOD's. Really wanted to not have to write a bad review, been a fan of XFX with my previous cards, but ya know what-- I'm tired of receiving cheap junk from China, and this one says "Made in China"

What ever happened to Made in Taiwan??

post edited by jlive - 2013/01/29 12:59:48
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 12:59:33 (permalink)
Dear jlive,

I am very sorry to hear that you feel that we have not supported you. I can confirm that we exchanged your card after you had posted on this very thread and that the next time that you contacted us, just recently we assisted you with a warranty replacement due to a problem with the fan. I have offered you support after you receive your 100% tested replacement and I have changed out the fan to a different model to try and assist you further.

I can confirm that while there was no problem with the GT 240 chipset or series, it still can have a failure and that is why we are here to assist our customers with warranty.

Please feel free to post any threads you may find on the internet as I can confirm that you can find fault with just about anything when searching for it and that does not mean that it is a bad line of products.

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:01:58 (permalink)
http://www.sevenforums.co...-geforce-gt-220-a.html

You can't find this many and that's the point. You also won't find the exact same problem with other cards on every PC configuration imaginable. The card is defective, always has been.

To point anyone who's considering buying a gt 240.

Should I buy a gt 240 or...

Glad you found your way here, stay away from this card it is a nightmare and no one will do anything to help you with it's constant crashing. You will just have to live with it as I have, most others just gave up.

I also want to point out that the crashing happened with both cards the one I RMA and the original one.
post edited by jlive - 2013/01/29 13:05:27
jlive
Superclocked Member
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:12:16 (permalink)
Dear jlive,

If you receive your replacement and if you should have a problem with it we are here to assist you for 30 days from receiving it.

I am very sorry to see that you feel that we are not trying to help you as we are trying to help and that is why we changed the model of the fan when you were concerned with this and why I have continued to reply to your posts answering your concerns.

I can confirm that there are thousands of GT 240 cards owned by customers and EVGA is here to back our products if a problem should occur with one of them during the warranty period.
post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2013/01/29 13:16:00

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:18:49 (permalink)
You do not have to reply to my posts. I do not care anymore. I'm still going to speak the truth on the lack of quality of your products so others will not get burned in the same way.

Sending me back the same card that constantly crashes on me and the fans die just about every year isn't really helping me at all honestly. It's just delaying the inevitable and causing me distress. I should have saved the shipping money, opened my case and used a house fan, works better on the 9400 card I bought from you guys than the fan that crapped out on it did. smh At least that way I wouldn't have to worry about the fan dying on the 240 while I'm sleeping and frying my PC.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:23:46 (permalink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPD10XHcmKA

This is what will likely happen to you if you make the mistake of buying a 240.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:25:51 (permalink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ORZs-XbRc
Another example and proof it is happening all over the world my friends!
fxdrake84
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 484
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:26:27 (permalink)
I doubt people would even buy a 200 series card at this point as newer generations exist out in the world.

Enjoy venting.
post edited by fxdrake84 - 2013/01/29 13:30:01

EVGA Z68 SLI R22 BIOS
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz 1.38v    
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler
SLI MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 
G.Skill Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866
OCZ ZX Series 1000w PSU
Fractal Design Define R5
Samsung UN55D6000
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:27:31 (permalink)
Artifacts example in game and desktop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLQQoORJ4xQ
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:32:43 (permalink)
fxdrake84

I doubt people would even buy a 200 series card at this point as newer generations exist out in the world.

Enjoy venting.

Going by the post dates in forums and video you're wrong. So I will continue to warn unsuspecting buyers to not waste their money on the card since this is my only recourse. It took so long to get the card RMA the first time I couldn't return it, not sure if they would have taken it back at that point anyway, probably not since it had a different serial number on it. I am stuck with this buggy card until I save up some money. I'm throwing this one in the trash, I'll give my daughter the 9400 with a house fan instead of this piece of junk.
post edited by jlive - 2013/01/29 13:34:50
fxdrake84
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 484
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:36:18 (permalink)
jlive

fxdrake84

Enjoy venting.

Going by the post dates in forums and video you're wrong. So I will continue to warn unsuspecting buyers to not waste their money on the card since this is my only recourse. It took so long to get the card RMA the first time I couldn't return it, not sure if they would have taken it back at that point anyway, probably not since it had a different serial number on it. I am stuck with this buggy card until I save up some money. I'm throwing this one in the trash, I'll give my daughter the 9400 with a house fan instead of this piece of junk.

Enjoy your crusade then. =)

EVGA Z68 SLI R22 BIOS
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz 1.38v    
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler
SLI MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 
G.Skill Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866
OCZ ZX Series 1000w PSU
Fractal Design Define R5
Samsung UN55D6000
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 13:51:02 (permalink)
The first person who posts in this thread who originally posted in this thread and had a problem with the card before today will get a free copy of Metro 2033. I feel sorry for all of you, I feel sorry we've been treated this way. If EVGA won't compensate in any way, I will do what I can to show them how compassion and understanding is supposed to work. It is a Steam game so you must redeem the game on steam.
post edited by jlive - 2013/01/29 13:56:25
plamlam
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:03:30 (permalink)
I tried email you directly and had it bounce back... Not leaving me a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings for you guys at EVGA right now.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to me but you're a bit late, (6+ months?). To recap, I have tried the following to solve the GT 240 freezing issue:

Tried undoing my processor overclock... Didn't work
Tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows 7 with new drivers and full stock settings (no processor overlcock)...  Didn't work
Tried in my older fully stock settings Quad Core Q9950 running Windows Vista...  Worked???
Tried in the same Quad Core Q9950 upgraded to Windows 7...  Didn't work!

Looks like Nvidia/EVGA GT 240 drivers for Win 7 are crap still (last tested in Nov.).

For the record, on both my main machine with Win7 and my Q9950 with Win7, I have successfully run both a Powercolor Radeon 3870 AND a MSI 7770 Ghz Edition without fail. In fact, I've completed Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, and Far Cry 3 all on my main machine with either the 3870 or the 7770. The GT240 is currently a $60 dust collector in drawer as it is past its warranty period.

Please don't ask me to RMA it, only to send me another GT 240. I'm fairly convinced that either the drivers are shot, or this card and those drivers are shot and don't really care to continue to play QA tester on these coasters anymore. If your answer is that you'll gladly send me a free shipping label to send my GT240 back in exchange for a similar card that is not a GT240, then you have my attention.

Either way, this has been a very crappy introduction to your company so if you have a solution that will change my mindset, I'm all ears.

Sincerely,
Plamlam
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:08:34 (permalink)
plamlam You have won the free copy of the game, congratulations. I will PM you the code now. I'm sorry we both got duped into buying a crummy card that's defective. Enjoy the game or give it to a friend if you don't like scary games.
plamlam
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:12:39 (permalink)
Thanks but feel free to pass it onto the next guy. I'm currently too busy to play anything for the next 6 month :(

And I agree, EVGA's handling of this has been pretty sad. I have an IT background and have tested that graphics card against different system, different settings, blah blah blah...  It's just a dud of a design.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:13:42 (permalink)
Alright, just ignore the PM I sent you then. I will give it to the next person that responds.
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:27:04 (permalink)
Hi plamlam,

Thank you for your response. I can confirm that the email address chrisb@evga.com is active and I have sent you an email to offer assistance. I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your product and in the future I can recommend contacting our 24 hour tech support at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or by email at support@evga.com if support is needed.

The GT 240 series is a sound chipset and series design, but if you are having a problem with your product, I do need the information requested through email and then I can do my best to work with you to have the card replaced with another GT 240 through our RMA program.

If you would like additional support I look forward to hearing back from you so we can move forward on the warranty process to assist.

plamlam

I tried email you directly and had it bounce back... Not leaving me a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings for you guys at EVGA right now.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to me but you're a bit late, (6+ months?). To recap, I have tried the following to solve the GT 240 freezing issue:

Tried undoing my processor overclock... Didn't work
Tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows 7 with new drivers and full stock settings (no processor overlcock)...  Didn't work
Tried in my older fully stock settings Quad Core Q9950 running Windows Vista...  Worked???
Tried in the same Quad Core Q9950 upgraded to Windows 7...  Didn't work!

Looks like Nvidia/EVGA GT 240 drivers for Win 7 are crap still (last tested in Nov.).

For the record, on both my main machine with Win7 and my Q9950 with Win7, I have successfully run both a Powercolor Radeon 3870 AND a MSI 7770 Ghz Edition without fail. In fact, I've completed Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, and Far Cry 3 all on my main machine with either the 3870 or the 7770. The GT240 is currently a $60 dust collector in drawer as it is past its warranty period.

Please don't ask me to RMA it, only to send me another GT 240. I'm fairly convinced that either the drivers are shot, or this card and those drivers are shot and don't really care to continue to play QA tester on these coasters anymore. If your answer is that you'll gladly send me a free shipping label to send my GT240 back in exchange for a similar card that is not a GT240, then you have my attention.

Either way, this has been a very crappy introduction to your company so if you have a solution that will change my mindset, I'm all ears.

Sincerely,
Plamlam

jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/29 14:32:05 (permalink)
What do you not understand about we don't want the same card back? It's defective or incompatible with some unknown variable. He already told you he wasn't interested in what you're offering. Since I heard good things about your company I assumed I wouldn't have much of a problem getting an equal value card replacement, boy was I wrong. It seems he already knows the drill with you guys.
A FURRY
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 408
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/01/30 18:06:36 (permalink)
jlive

What do you not understand about we don't want the same card back? It's defective or incompatible with some unknown variable. He already told you he wasn't interested in what you're offering. Since I heard good things about your company I assumed I wouldn't have much of a problem getting an equal value card replacement, boy was I wrong. It seems he already knows the drill with you guys.

Please take a closer look at EVGA's warranty policy. RMA'd products are replaced with something of equal or greater performance not greater value. The value of any product decreases after a product is bought/used.  It is just like how I cannot go back to the auto dealership and trade my car in for the full sticker price a few years from now. If you  really want a card that is of an equal value to your old used card, then ask for a GT610.

Additionally, the "Nvidia Display Driver Has Stopped Responding" (TDR) error is not isolated to this model, or any video card model. It is an error that can happen to any of the NVIDIA cards. It can indicate a failing card, bad PCIe slot on the motherboard, driver corruption, bad ram, incorrect memory timings, unstable overclock, fluctuating voltages from PSU, overvoltage, undervoltage, overheating, and a few other causes. A voltage fluctuation as small as ±0.05v can cause your card to have a TDR crash.

Fans fail eventually, they just do, any fan on any card can fail. I have, on several occasions, purchased high speed ball bearing server fans that were DOA out of the box, some of them vibrated so badly out of the box that I was worried about them causing damage to my system components from the vibration. My stock CPU cooler on my previous build failed (vibration, bearing failure) within 6 months. The best thing you can do for fan bearings is to eliminate dust in the area. I run a large HEPA filter whenever my system is running. 

I was lucky with my latest build, only one bad stick of memory that would fail memtest after about 8 passes. Took about a week to isolate the bad stick of memory.
post edited by ☢ OMG A FURRY ☢ - 2013/01/30 18:52:46

My Systems: i7 3770K Rig with GTX570  |  AMD FX-8350 CPU Folding Rig  |  AMD FX-8350 CPU Folding Rig  |  Dual Xeon 2.66GHz Mac Pro With GTX550Ti  |  i3 Laptop  |  Core2Duo Laptop   Atom Dual Core 1.6GHz Netbook  |  Atom Single core 1.6GHz Netbook

All running Linux. (Most running my own customization, "Longcat OS")  One HDD with Win7 on it just for games that won't run under WINE.
jlive
Superclocked Member
Re:GT 240 freezes while playing video and Youtube 2013/02/04 10:22:25 (permalink)
Oh man, I get the new RMAd replacement card back and guess what? It has the same problem, constant freezing pixelated screen when watching videos or gaming. I have to hard reset 5-6 times a day now. Only this one does it more than the previous two, this card has rendered my PC virtually unusable. smh When I had the 9400 in while I was waiting for the replacement card for the 240, zero crashes/freezing with the exact same drivers!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile