EVGA

Answeredneed help! gtx 970 fans ever at 100% so noise. (excuse for my limited english)

Author
javieremarcopier
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/08/25 05:03:31 (permalink)
Yesterday I mounted the pc with the EVGA gtx 970 ref and when I began to walk the fans are always at 4700 rpm. EVGA presiconX has no effect. Putting the percentage of fan speed at any percentage, always remains at 4700 rpm. Help. How can I solve that?
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: need help! gtx 970 fans ever at 100% so noise. (excuse for my limited english) 2016/08/25 09:23:27 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby javieremarcopier 2016/08/26 05:31:38
#1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header.

#2 Make sure the card is fully seated to the MB. Make sure the PCI-E power cables are fully seated and secure at the PSU side & GPU side.

#3 Uninstall all monitoring software. (Precision, Afterburner, Speedfan, HWMonitor, etc.)

#4 Perform a clean installation of video drivers.
  1. Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
  2. Download & save graphics driver 372.54 to your desktop. Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete. 
  3. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except the physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
If you're still having problems after performing steps 1-4 RMA the card as the fan controller on the GPU has a problem.
javieremarcopier
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: need help! gtx 970 fans ever at 100% so noise. (excuse for my limited english) 2016/08/26 05:38:12 (permalink)
Sajin
#1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header.

#2 Make sure the card is fully seated to the MB. Make sure the PCI-E power cables are fully seated and secure at the PSU side & GPU side.

#3 Uninstall all monitoring software. (Precision, Afterburner, Speedfan, HWMonitor, etc.)

#4 Perform a clean installation of video drivers.
  1. Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
  2. Download & save graphics driver  to your desktop. Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete. 
  3. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except the physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
If you're still having problems after performing steps 1-4 RMA the card as the fan controller on the GPU has a problem.

Thanks you!! Really. When I dismounted de vga and checked like  "#1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header." I discovered  the fan cable conector (4 pin) was wrong mountd (sided and not pushed to the end). So I pressed it and I mounted again the vga. The Fan star on low levels rpm normally. Really thanks for your help. An again sorry for my expressions ways (typical on "only-readers english"). Thanks

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: need help! gtx 970 fans ever at 100% so noise. (excuse for my limited english) 2016/08/26 06:18:35 (permalink)
No problem. 
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile