2024/04/09 00:38:33
Nozler
 It's been a long time when I haven't purchased a Evga gpu, it almost makes me ill. But here I am wanting to upgrade my son's rig. What's even comparative to their customer service ? Non I have found. So what pray tell is even close?  Huh a sad day. 4070 super is about all the 11700k k can handle? 
2024/04/09 15:25:01
Grey_Beard
I am with you. Have not even looked into anything in the 40 series, thought about the Red Team, but no. Anyway, looking for suggestions. Thanks for asking this one.
2024/04/10 07:09:03
bdary
I was in the same boat awhile back so took a chance on MSI. I bought a 4090 Gaming from MSI. After about 5 weeks I started having a "black screen" issue. I logged on to my MSI account and started the RMA process. I gave a brief description of my issue and within 15 minutes I received an RMA number. I returned my 4090 and they repaired and shipped my GPU back to me in 3 days.  It's worked great ever since. (about 6 mo.)

You never like to have a product go bad, but I was happy that MSI took my GPU back, repaired it, and returned my GPU with only a 3 day turnaround time. Not including shipping time of course.  And it was returned to me in the same pristine condition as I sent it to them for repair.

You probably can't go wrong with most companies GPU's, but I wanted whoever I bought from to stand behind their product in a similar way EVGA always did.  MSI did come through for me in a way I was totally satisfied with.
2024/04/10 21:44:02
Nereus

Good to know BDary. I'm still running my EVGA 3090 Ti's, although my laptop is a 4080 from ASUS and I've had zero issues with it since purchase in June last year.

ASUS have good gear, but if something goes wrong they can be a pita to deal with. I felt like I was rolling the dice getting my laptop, but it turned out good.

I've considered the 4000 series for my desktop a few times, but so far have resisted the urge - my heart's just not in it since EVGA turned their back on everything. I'll probably wait for the 5000 series and the 15th Gen Intel (assuming that's what they call it), and probably go with ASUS for the motherboard, and maybe direct from NVidia for the GPU. Depends what's available at the time.

2024/04/11 06:47:04
bdary
If I already had a 3090Ti, I would have skipped the 4xxx series as well. I went from a 3080 10GB to the 4090 and it was quite an upgrade.  Since I have a 4090 now, I may skip the 5xxx series depending on the tech and pricing.  We'll see.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account