• All Other EVGA Products
  • EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy them
2018/05/14 09:41:45
xvga1
Still no word on batteries from EVGA. To make things worse, Laptop Battery continues to discharge despite shutdown properly, and EVGA has failed to resolve it. This has been replicated by several users in the concerned thread. Heading towards a disgusting Experience!

Update2: Good news! The adapter is back in stock. Get them as spare, while the supply lasts. Still no news on spare batteries! Lets hope EVGA sell us these, or at the very least tell us what to do after 2 years of warranty, should Laptop battery needs replacement. 

Update1: Great news, guys! EVGA listened! The charger has been listed under laptop accessories. Let's hope it will be back in stock. Still no news on Laptop batteries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,

So, i just contacted EVGA about the procedure to get a new battery & charger once my laptop warranty is over. And they have repeatedly told me it's not possible. And the only way i get these is when i buy a new laptop.

Unless you plan to use your machine for 2 years only & some if lucky, there is no way EVGA will help you get a charger should you lost it, or damage it. Now this may be overcome with 3rd party chargers like Dell etc. But hello, I didn't buy EVGA laptop to be used with parts of other Laptop brands, as their specifications don't match with what EVGA laptop requires. 

What absolutely boggles my mind is: That laptop battery has a finite life. And they do get to the point when you have to replace them. And that normally happens after the warranty period. So, What i am going to do with that?

Don't buy EVGA laptops as they have no division to sell parts or any plans to do so in future from what i gather. 

You are better off with other brands which offer parts online. 
2018/05/14 10:51:51
fetterEsel
Apple does the same thing with all their products, MacBooks you can’t buy spare batteries etc for them. They want you to bring your entire MacBook in for repair if the smallest thing goes wrong and will sometimes even send it into Apple. God forbid if evga does the same thing you assume the worst. Evga has always covered me with products even far outside the warranty period. Worst comes to worst they run out of parts for your laptop and you have to send it in and you get a free upgrade to the newer model that they have parts for. Think about it for a while
2018/05/14 12:57:03
xvga1
But we are not having a competition for worse after sales support. Apple chargers and batteries are available easily on ebay & Amazon.

Name one non-shady site on whole internet which sells charger or battery of evga laptop?

So, yeah, EVGA is the worst when it comes to that. Not if it's covered in warranty. But majority of users use laptops more than 2 years.
2018/05/14 13:03:21
fetterEsel
xvga1
But we are not having a competition for worse after sales support. Apple chargers and batteries are available easily on ebay & Amazon.

Name one non-shady site on whole internet which sells charger or battery of evga laptop?

So, yeah, EVGA is the worst when it comes to that. Not if it's covered in warranty. But majority of users use laptops more than 2 years.

Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore. I have never once had evga deny me because warranty was over. You’d just probably have to pay some cash in the end of the deal. But that’s all. You make it seem so much worst, maybe you haven’t dealt with evga before when it comes to other stuff.
2018/05/14 13:03:21
fetterEsel
xvga1

Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore. I have never once had evga deny me because warranty was over. You’d just probably have to pay some cash in the end of the deal. But that’s all. You make it seem so much worst, maybe you haven’t dealt with evga before when it comes to other stuff.
2018/05/14 16:12:44
ty_ger07
fetterEsel
Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore.

Nope! Past the laptop's warranty period? They absolutely will not provide replacement parts nor provide you an upgrade after the warranty expires. You will be on your own.
2018/05/14 18:49:15
nickcarlsondvm
Provide proof or experience.
2018/05/14 19:05:20
xvga1
I wouldn't be sharing personal details here, but you are welcome to email the uber-awesome support for quick reply about it. Have already shared my experience so far.
2018/05/15 09:32:02
ekees
Cannot buy an additional official Power Adapter? What?

For 15 years, for each laptop I've been using within that timeframe (HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple) I used two Power Adapters: one for home, one for the office. As I could afford to purchase a spare, I didn't see a need to carry the Power Adapter with me as I don't "compute" at other locations like a coffee shop or something.

To hear that I cannot have that option when considering an EVGA laptop is a disappointing state of affairs, particularly with the knowledge that EVGA has a functioning internet store that is already carrying out successful sales duty for desktop power supplies.

I am not feeling the idea of buying a 3rd party Power Adapter and buoying my compatibility concerns with the power of wishes.

Hey, Team EVGA, any plan to change this state of affairs in the future?
2018/05/15 10:10:19
xvga1
The battery aspect is equally important. In fact, charger & battery are the two most important, and yet basic parts of the laptop. I can understand if it were some other specific part, but non-availability of the two of the most basic parts to users, is totally unacceptable for laptop customers. Does EVGA want customers to waste away their laptops after 2 years, just because of two basic parts? Knowing their customers spent a fortune? 

I also have a dell inspiron n5110, which i have owned for approx. 8 years before EVGA SC17. I have changed so many of its parts (4 times battery and 2 times its charger, besides laptop dc port, lcd, speakers, keyboard), and it still works, because i bought parts on internet via ebay/amazon/dell. And we are talking about a plastic crap instead of a jewel this EVGA SC17 laptop supposed to be. 

To EVGA: I am so pissed right now, that i wont take No for an answer. Yes, i can't do much if you have made up your mind to not sell any parts, and leave laptop customers to themselves after 2 years. But i will personally ensure & dedicate my entire existence online in pursuit to ground your future laptop sales, on social media/reddit/slickdeals, if you think you can get away with this. The fortune/savings i have spent on this laptop, you can bet I would try my level best to ensure no one else gets hurt like that.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account