2016/09/01 08:31:16
StealthArsenal
It is confusing to say the least.
2016/09/01 12:30:59
Noigel
Just upsetting and bad business/marketing.
Between large investments on 2 cards / rads / fans /fittings / etc. ... all in preparation for something that was "coming soon", then the plug gets pulled.
Something to remember EK.  We are a small but tight community.

2016/09/01 14:17:25
StealthArsenal
Sometimes I wish Swiftech made more custom gpu blocks.  Might create more competition and get companies like EK to not go back on their previous product announcements.  This is purely bad business.  If there were never plans or if there was doubt about producing a waterblock for the classified no matter how small, EK should not have said it was coming soon and then date it late August and then cancelled.  I know for me personally I don't have to watercool, but I was looking forward to putting a classified under water.  
2016/09/02 06:45:21
Mattux
It would be nice if someone from EVGA could clarify if there are any plans to have fullcover blocks for the classified, or is this a decision made by the waterblock manufacturers themselves?
If there are plans I wouldn't mind keeping my card on air cooling until it comes out, otherwise I'll probably sell it and get another card(which is not my preferred option since the classified looks badass ).
2016/09/08 04:41:18
x_Slayer_x
Jesus Christ almighty!!!

I also bought the Classified specifically because EK announced they would make the block. Now i have a complete new build sitting here waiting for the last piece wich was to watercool the Classified
and i learn that EK is cancelling the block and screwing over a bunch of their customers!? How on earth is that nothing but bad business? None of us like putting dollars down the drain like this and alot can´t afford it, that trust is long gone now and how can i ever recommend EK to anyone again? Thats where you lose money not on making the block for a smaller volume than anticipated.....

THANK you very much EK.....

Maybe you didn't read the Terms of Service, but cursing is not allowed, so your post has been edited.

Yes thats why i didn´t refrain from cursing............ i will read them at once!
2016/09/08 04:51:15
Mattux
Apparently the block for the 780 Classified does fit the 1080 Classified, see this post: forums.evga.com/FindPost/2545200

edit: added link URL, can't post links yet :(
2016/09/08 22:38:37
loveha
Try asking Watercool the makers of Heatkiller blocks. I just asked them a couple days ago about FTW blocks and was told they are working on those right now. Maybe they will be making a classified block?
2016/09/11 21:31:25
Kendragon
Well this blows. I am one of the ones having issues with me 1080FTW and was gonna see if I could trade and pay difference for a classy, but now since no blocks, no can do. I think alot has to do with them partnering with MSI this year on the seahawk edition. 
2016/09/11 21:47:20
AHowes
Someone in here mentioned that the old ek 780 classified block will work on the new 1080 classified. He used .5mm pads on the memory insted of the supplied 1mm and 1mm on the Moffetts insted of 2mm.
2016/09/12 04:19:31
StealthArsenal
In another thread, I indicated I asked Jacob on Twitter if EVGA was maiking a block for the classified to which the response was yes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account