2016/08/30 04:00:17
Mattux

I received an answer from EKWB support and it seems we're out of luck 

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm really sorry but sadly I have to confirm, that due to the amount of work with other water blocks and products we work on, there will be no full cover water blocks for the Classified cards. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

2016/08/30 04:19:38
Vlada011
People wait and Monoblock for Rampage V Edition 10th.
What they produce so much if no time for some projects.

This is bad time to cancel waterblock because they need at least 4-5 weeks from paper to shelves.
I told about need to some manufacturer produce multi compatible universal VGA waterblock. But not as.

But not like this... People need proper block for 2016, not for 2008.

Anyway price of Classified cards now should drop for 20$ and people who want single card will not have problem and EVGA GTX1080 FTW Hybrid is anyway main player for this year. Asetek is producer of Hybrid and they know what they do. People didn't pay attention on their sites but they produce excellent AIO system for servers, only company not invest in marketing as CORSAIR example. But CORSAIR best coolers are from Asetek. 
And situation is not as before... Watercooling systems are more for visual experience...
Manufacturers not allow overclocking as before several years. If NVIDIA allow some space fabric overclocked models reach to the limit and without LN2... it's small difference between AIO and watercooling card. Maybe 50-60MHz max. So many times I thought to build watercooling but something stop me to pay 400$ for cooling, not performance increase and in same time I constantly have some weak spots in PC.
Storage or GPU or something else and than it's hard to spend money on loop.
But for people who have EKWB loop and Classified this is very bad news.
M
2016/08/30 04:42:15
sethleigh
Vlada, a water loop doesn't have to cost $400. Just buy a Swiftech AIO kit for your cpu, then add components to the loop as you wish. Unlike most of the other AIO kits, the Swiftechs are made and marketed as expandable. Most of the cost of people's custom loops is in the fancy fittings, rigid tubing, fancy pump housings, etc. Flexible tubing and plain g1/4 barbed fittings is cheap and functional.

Adding my 1080 with EK block to my Swiftech H220-X loop took about 15 minutes plus a little more to bleed and leak test, and cost me one short piece of extra tubing and a couple of zip ties.
2016/08/30 04:58:45
StealthArsenal
Well that is disappointing. Was really looking forward to putting the classy underwater.  Might have to reconsider selling the classified and getting another card that I can watercool.
2016/08/30 05:09:05
Vlada011
sethleigh
Vlada, a water loop doesn't have to cost $400. Just buy a Swiftech AIO kit for your cpu, then add components to the loop as you wish. Unlike most of the other AIO kits, the Swiftechs are made and marketed as expandable. Most of the cost of people's custom loops is in the fancy fittings, rigid tubing, fancy pump housings, etc. Flexible tubing and plain g1/4 barbed fittings is cheap and functional.

Adding my 1080 with EK block to my Swiftech H220-X loop took about 15 minutes plus a little more to bleed and leak test, and cost me one short piece of extra tubing and a couple of zip ties.

Swiftech is very hard to find in Europe... H240 X2 Prestige cost 240e + GPU waterblock 100-120 euro
and maybe need one more single 120mm radiator, maybe.
320 X2 cost even more, if you want to change something price increase. Again it's around 400+ euro. With EKWB Predator even more. 
2016/08/31 04:36:34
EK_Luc
Like you already know with the email Mattux received, we won't be making a block for the Classy.

Very sorry guys 
2016/08/31 05:10:21
Cool GTX
EK_Luc
Like you already know with the email Mattux received, we won't be making a block for the Classy.

Very sorry guys 

Thank you for communicating the status of this product (1080 Classified full coverage water block), to the EVGA forum members.

Does EK offer any other cooling solutions that fits this card, even if they are not full coverage ?

(edit typo)
2016/08/31 05:24:43
hallowen
EK_Luc

Very sorry guys 

This same thing Happened with the GTX 980 Ti Classified, Where it was stated to use an EK-FC780 Classy water block that "Almost" Fit.

Now it makes me wonder if a 1080 Classified Kingpin water block will be made similar to the one that was produced for the GTX 980 Ti Classified Kingpin.
2016/08/31 05:57:43
EK_Luc
Cool GTX
EK_Luc

Very sorry guys 

Thank you for communicating the status of this product (1080 Classified full coverage water block), to the EVGA forum members.

Does EK off any other cooling solutions that fit this card, even if they are not full coverage ?

Only our universal EK-VGA Supremacy block.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/universal-vga-waterblocks/vga-supremacy

2016/08/31 11:22:42
enacku
Called it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account