2016/07/26 19:19:33
EVGA_JacobF
Update: Links are removed as this BIOS update is no longer necessary.

A new update for the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 and GTX 1060 SC cards are available now. Please note these updates are ONLY for the single fan models. (Part numbers: 06G-P4-6161-KR & 06G-P4-6163-KR)

This BIOS update enables a 0dB fan mode, reducing idle fan noise and allowing for more flexibility when setting custom fan profiles. This update will also be applied to new cards that are in production now.

Instructions:
  1. Download the appropriate update for your card, verify the part number by checking on the box or on the card itself:
  2. Extract the contents of the .zip file you downloaded and run update.exe
  3. Press 'y' to begin the update process
  4. After the flash process is complete, reboot the PC

FAQ:  
Q. After I update the firmware, is the update permanently attached to the card?
A. Yes, if you reformat, use the card in another machine, or change hardware, it will not be necessary to update.  

Q. Does this update make any other changes?
A. This update ONLY adds the 0dB fan feature.

Attached Image(s)

2016/07/26 20:58:06
the_Scarlet_one
I have pinned this so that it doesn't get lost. Hopefully the single fan users will see it right away.
2016/07/27 07:45:50
jpatte
Just wanted to thank you for this update. I haven't received my card yet but I can't wait to try it out! :)
2016/07/27 15:28:49
FAmato
Very nice! thanks Jacob and team.
2016/07/27 16:42:33
staypuft
Thanks!
2016/07/28 17:29:29
rollingsherman
Strangely this does not seem to work for me. I verified that I downloaded the correct file. Ran it as administrator. The console pops up, but before I do anything, or even read what it says, it immediately closes. I restarted the PC. I then checked Precision and I can not set my fan below 45%

Any ideas?
2016/07/28 17:31:02
palkdiddy
rollingsherman
Strangely this does not seem to work for me. I verified that I downloaded the correct file. Ran it as administrator. The console pops up, but before I do anything, or even read what it says, it immediately closes. I restarted the PC. I then checked Precision and I can not set my fan below 45%

Any ideas?

This didn't seem to work for me either. Verified P/N 06G-P4-6163-KR, downloaded appropriate update files, uncompressed to a new folder, and ran the update.exe. I see the nvfirmware update utility dialogue box but it never prompts for me to press 'Y' and it bounces through a few commands before closing. It's too fast to see what it's actually printing, but I reboot afterwards and am still unable to get to 0% even with a custom fan curve set.

MB: MSI Gaming 990FXA-GAMING AM3+
CPU: FX-8350
RAM: 16GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC (Single Fan)
PSU: Corsair RM750x

Thanks in advance.
2016/07/28 17:38:48
rollingsherman
palkdiddy

This didn't seem to work for me either. Verified P/N 06G-P4-6163-KR, downloaded appropriate update files, uncompressed to a new folder, and ran the update.exe. I see the nvfirmware update utility dialogue box but it never prompts for me to press 'Y' and it bounces through a few commands before closing. It's too fast to see what it's actually printing, but I reboot afterwards and am still unable to get to 0% even with a custom fan curve set.

CPU: FX-8350
RAM: 16GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SC (Single Fan)
PSU: Corsair RM750x

Thanks in advance.

THe things we have in common are the same OS and both have AMD FX CPUS. I have an FX-8320.
2016/07/29 15:11:18
yatz10
I have my 1060 sc installed with a 980 ti (for folding purposes), anybody aware if this executable will work correctly in this type of setup? or should i go the route of pulling out the ti and then running it (which may be rhetorical since that seems safest regardless).
Thanks!
2016/07/29 17:28:01
EVGA_JacobF
There is currently a bug with AMD (motherboards) that may not allow the flash to complete properly. We are looking into it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account