2016/07/22 17:34:03
bee144
Sajin
dwoodward
Sajin
dwoodward
ragevirusqq
Its a 1200 dollar card. It deserves to be watercooled. seems like anyone who would spend 1200 on the card would spend a little more to cool it well. 

Except, nvidia doesn't allow cooler modification lmao... That's the whole problem here.

Nvidia warranty doesn't state that anywhere.

Really? Let me point it out for you....

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
....misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative....

In other words. If you install a cooler, and your card fails, they have an easy out on warrantying the product. 

Even with that they're going to have a hard time proving the card had an aftermarket cooler on it as the cards come with no tamper stickers. None of my cards have tamper stickers on them.

They'll just check your modrig pics LOL
2016/07/22 17:34:22
Sajin
bee144
Sajin
dwoodward
Sajin
dwoodward
ragevirusqq
Its a 1200 dollar card. It deserves to be watercooled. seems like anyone who would spend 1200 on the card would spend a little more to cool it well. 

Except, nvidia doesn't allow cooler modification lmao... That's the whole problem here.

Nvidia warranty doesn't state that anywhere.

Really? Let me point it out for you....

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
....misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative....

In other words. If you install a cooler, and your card fails, they have an easy out on warrantying the product. 

Even with that they're going to have a hard time proving the card had an aftermarket cooler on it as the cards come with no tamper stickers. None of my cards have tamper stickers on them.

They'll just check your modrig pics LOL

2016/07/22 18:05:23
BruteSangheili
I'll only buy the Pascal Titan X (ideally two) if I'm able to purchase it with an AIO cooler from EVGA. Considering how stupidly poor the 1080 reference cooler is, I sincerely doubt it'll be sufficient and I simply don't want to put the effort into creating a custom loop. If Nvidia insists on only selling it directly then I'll wait for the next card.
2016/07/22 19:14:53
bee144
BruteSangheili
I'll only buy the Pascal Titan X (ideally two) if I'm able to purchase it with an AIO cooler from EVGA. Considering how stupidly poor the 1080 reference cooler is, I sincerely doubt it'll be sufficient and I simply don't want to put the effort into creating a custom loop. If Nvidia insists on only selling it directly then I'll wait for the next card.

this is exactly how I feel. I want two but only if I can get a hybrid kit from EVGA. Corsair's hybrid kit was a disaster at launch. They're clearly still learning, plus I want to support EVGA.
2016/07/25 16:57:09
EVGA_JacobF
We are working on a Hybrid upgrade kit, stay tuned :)
2016/07/25 17:11:44
LowRoller
Anyone know if ek will make blocks for these? Crummy nvidea wont let evga touch these
2016/07/25 17:54:31
seyumi
EVGA_JacobF

Thank you Jacob. You already have my money for 2 of your upgrade kits then. Would have been actual GPUs if Nvidia wasn't so stingy. I also returned my Gigabyte AIO. I knew I shouldn't have left your side and I suffered the consequences 
2016/07/25 18:55:15
bee144
EVGA_JacobF

AWESOME!!! You will be receiving two kit orders from me as well. As the other poster said, it would have been two Titan XP but NVIDIA is getting greedy. Either way, I'll have two EVGA branded Hybrid Titan XP soon :)

and the evga high bandwidth bridge :)
2016/07/26 05:07:21
dmhlee
EVGA_JacobF

Like the previous Titan X, this card will probably not come with a backplate. Does EVGA have plans to release a Titan X backplate?
2016/07/26 13:19:37
bee144
EVGA_JacobF

+1 for the back plate inclusion in the kit. Also, I'm not sure if the 1080 hybrid will have RGB lighting but I'd like to throw in a request for RBG lighting on the Titan XP hybrid kit. I'd probably pay $15-$30 extra for RBG lighting.

Please and thank you :)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account