2016/07/22 16:06:41
dwoodward
bee144
dwoodward
ipkha
It has more cores.than the 1080, therefore the GPU block is bigger. Even if you cut the shroud, the heatsink might not be large enough.

I highly doubt the die is any different. Highly highly highly doubt it. I can almost 100% guarantee you they are the same size. 

I'd like something that had a warranty. One of my titans broke and EVGA took great care of me. It's frustrating that EVGA won't be able to sell the card.

I agree 100% that it is frustrating. But Nvidia can do whatever they want to. They will make money off the Titan, however, I think this is a really really crappy move on their part. I think they'd make more money if they let their partners sell the cards. But who am I to judge. 
2016/07/22 16:43:00
ragevirusqq
Just get an aftermarket block and watercool it with a ek predator or swiftech h240 if you dont want to build custom loop.  

or buy used parts for a custom loop on the evga marketplace. lots of good sellers here. :)

2016/07/22 16:47:46
ragevirusqq
Its a 1200 dollar card. It deserves to be watercooled. seems like anyone who would spend 1200 on the card would spend a little more to cool it well. 
2016/07/22 16:50:42
dwoodward
ragevirusqq
Its a 1200 dollar card. It deserves to be watercooled. seems like anyone who would spend 1200 on the card would spend a little more to cool it well. 

Except, nvidia doesn't allow cooler modification lmao... That's the whole problem here.
2016/07/22 17:02:32
Sajin
dwoodward
ragevirusqq

Except, nvidia doesn't allow cooler modification lmao... That's the whole problem here.

Nvidia warranty doesn't state that anywhere.

2016/07/22 17:07:08
Hyncharas
Jeez, it's only been 24 hours since the card was announced!

They may change their minds at a later date.
2016/07/22 17:08:07
Sajin
Hyncharas
Jeez, it's only been 24 hours since the card was announced!

I don't think anybody should be suggesting there won't be a 3rd-party Titan X; Nvidia haven't said as much.

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2518237
2016/07/22 17:14:08
dwoodward
Sajin
dwoodward
ragevirusqq

Really? Let me point it out for you....

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
....misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative....

In other words. If you install a cooler, and your card fails, they have an easy out on warrantying the product. 
2016/07/22 17:24:22
ericc191
I'm sorry, but I'm not giving into their obvious money grab. $1000 was a lot, but now they want $1200? Forget that.

AMD needs to so something very soon. There's no competition in the top tier GPU class.

The sad part is that people will buy this card up just like the OG Titan X. If it didn't sell well, they might reconsider their pricing and lower it. Instead, more than likely, it'll sell out everywhere and Nvidia well list their next Titan X at $1400-1500.
2016/07/22 17:29:39
Sajin
dwoodward
Sajin
dwoodward
ragevirusqq

Really? Let me point it out for you....

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
....misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative....

In other words. If you install a cooler, and your card fails, they have an easy out on warrantying the product. 

Even with that they're going to have a hard time proving the card had an aftermarket cooler on it as the cards come with no tamper stickers. None of my cards have tamper stickers on them.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account