2016/05/28 17:20:21
xxthe_remedyxx
I'm looking to purchase the FTW 1080 but I'm not sure if it will fit. Can anyone from EVGA confirm?

Edit: Looking for width clearance, not length sorry.
2016/05/28 17:34:45
trilegdog
Corsair spec sheet says 290mm max GPU.  FTW Spec Sheet: Length: 10.5in - 266.7mm

http: // www .corsair .com /en-us /carbide-series-air-240-high-airflow-micro-atx-and-mini-itx-pc-case

http: // www .evga .com /products /Specs /GPU.aspx?pn=ced0347b-30fe-45fe-808c-a64df6a5218a

2016/05/28 18:28:32
xxthe_remedyxx
Sorry I should have been more specific. I know it will fit length wise. I was more concerned with the width.
2016/07/08 10:28:20
Nickglott
We will find out next week I hope. From everything I have read from people saying that their big cards around 130-140mm fit so I think it should. Some people have mentioned that the bigger cards my require you to unscrew the motherboard to fit in in under the pcie i/o clamp on the air 240 or to cut a little piece of the metal to slide it in and out without messing with the motherboard. My only relay huge concern is that the power cables fit under the window.

Link below is of a GTX 1070 MSI 8 X thats a little too big. MSI says that card is 140mm. 

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=160051

08G-P4-6286 says it is Height: 5.064in - 128.631mm and why I went with this one.

So I think it will, or I hope so haha. If the power cables are in issue then these might help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Right-Angle-Female-8-Pin-PCI-E-Video-Power-Cables-Verion-6-/331891990553?hash=item4d464de019:g:dR4AAOSw9eVXVqBv

or
http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Power-Link-connector-adapter-m2487079.aspx

I will definitely let you know when I get my card. 

2016/07/08 10:41:03
Nickglott
One more...

XFX 290 is Card Dimension (cm) : 29.5 x 14.3 x 4.2
that xfx 290 does fit with about 10mm clearance between the side panel.

and yep the standoffs are installed (they come preinstalled) and mobo is placed on them but not screwed down so what you see in the pictures is the fully installed height

Graphics cards up to 145mm will fit without touching the side panel BUT cards over 130mm may require a bit of jiggery pokery to fit which varies depending on the card and cooler shape.

do note, it catches on the back lip preventing normal installation for this particular card so motherboard has to be loosened and slid back to get the gpu in the slot or mobo and gpu assembled outside the case and very carefully inserted as one.
if you card is 145mm and under even if it catches on the back lip you can still install the card as above but also have to remove it the same way which is a pain.

for those who arent scared to mod the case taking a half inch out of the side lip will make it so cards that catch can be inserted and removed with ease for maintainance.

that case shown went to its owner who only had it delivered to me.. he managed to do his first pc build in it with the same xfx 290 dd card as mine so im double sure it fits now.

2016/07/12 23:51:27
Nickglott
Welll.....It is not looking good. The card fits but just like i thought the power adapters are a problem. I am able to get the window part of the case back on but it is pushing on the video card a motherboard.  I ordered the 90 degree angle 8pin cables from ebay but I don't think it will be enough. as they will possibly only save a mm or two. So no sadly you will have to go with the  08G-P4-6183 or founders for the AIR 240. I have looked at them all and it looks like the EVGA one is the smallest and its a no go. I am a little lost of what to do. Get a new case or see if I can return it for the "SC one". Sucks because the card fits. Maybe shorter mobo standoffs? but they are already not very big and will mess up the I/O and not sure becuse the cpu standoff. GRRRRR i don't know what to do....I want to keep this card but I don't want a bigger case..........
2016/07/13 00:17:38
bbferrari
i've installed the FTW in my air 240... i had to remove the rear i/o shield to put it into the pci slot..  i can still close the side panel with a slight gap on the side.  u can find more info here: overclock.net/t/1528947/corsair-carbide-air-240-owners-club/2790
2016/07/13 01:23:51
Nickglott
I mean it fits but it is forcefully pushing the card at the motherboard from the cables pressed up on the plexiglass and with the heat I started to get splinters on the inside of the Plexiglass. My psu cable is a 8pin + 8pin on the same cable do the one is a little thicker. May be my issue. Are you saying you have a gap between the cables and the plexiglass?
2016/07/13 17:34:58
Nickglott
Was late last night, here are some pictures. @bbferrari The second one is the cracks I am talking about.

2016/07/13 19:34:56
bbferrari
i got some 8pin pci-e extension cables for my 6+2 pin connectors, and they seem better.  But is still smashing against the window.  My window only have some marks on in and not actually crack.  It seems like u r putting too much pressure on ur cables and window.  It should b better if you don't have the pci-e cables overlap on top of each other.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account