2016/08/04 00:36:56
Tooth
petmic10
erobin7482
I just received my Gigabyte Xtreme waterforce, and after quick OC (10 mins using linear OC tool in Gigabyte app) hit 2214 stable @ 50C. Beast of a card. I wish you guys all luck on the snagging of the elusive 1080 Hybrid. BTW I was hesistant about cards, because of the few reviews I could find stated the card had horrendous pump noise. Mine is silent. Maybe Gigabyte went back to the drawing board for second rollout of card?

Wow! What awesome overclock. And stays very cool too.  Congrats!

Water cooling is the way to go folks. Just hang in there the Hybrid will be worth the wait.

Finally install my MSI 1080 Sea Hawk X.......it runs very very cold.

1080 resolution:
On boot, 78F/25.5C, after fallout 4 at highest settings the hottest it got after 45 mins was 91F/32.7. Nothing over 91F, I was watching closely.  My old EVGA 980 was running 135F/57C

4K resolution, Fallout 4 highest settings, 58-60 FPS, temps 48-54C.  Solid frames per second

2016/08/04 05:14:25
petmic10
Tooth
petmic10
erobin7482
I just received my Gigabyte Xtreme waterforce, and after quick OC (10 mins using linear OC tool in Gigabyte app) hit 2214 stable @ 50C. Beast of a card. I wish you guys all luck on the snagging of the elusive 1080 Hybrid. BTW I was hesistant about cards, because of the few reviews I could find stated the card had horrendous pump noise. Mine is silent. Maybe Gigabyte went back to the drawing board for second rollout of card?

Water cooling is the way to go folks. Just hang in there the Hybrid will be worth the wait.

1080 resolution:
On boot, 78F/25.5C, after fallout 4 at highest settings the hottest it got after 45 mins was 91F/32.7. Nothing over 91F, I was watching closely.  My old EVGA 980 was running 135F/57C

4K resolution, Fallout 4 highest settings, 58-60 FPS, temps 48-54C.  Solid frames per second

Very nice.

What kind of clock speeds are you getting?
2016/08/04 09:52:33
EVGA_JacobF
Have an update on 1080 FTW HYBRID, unfortunately it will not be available this week, that was the best estimate we had at the time but it has moved a bit. I am trying to get an accurate updated date and will post in here by end of week. Sorry for the unfortunate news but wanted to give the latest updates so you guys don't break your F5 buttons... :)
2016/08/04 10:02:12
RiffyDivine
EVGA_JacobF
Have an update on 1080 FTW HYBRID, unfortunately it will not be available this week, that was the best estimate we had at the time but it has moved a bit. I am trying to get an accurate updated date and will post in here by end of week. Sorry for the unfortunate news but wanted to give the latest updates so you guys don't break your F5 buttons... :)

So what is the delay with them? Parts issue or something with the build of them or just supply issues? 
2016/08/04 10:05:01
jlmajeske
Assume the same can be said for the 1070 hybrid as well?  It's shown up on the product page, and you linked it on twitter....
2016/08/04 10:28:17
EVGA_JacobF
Yes same for 1070. Actually both cards will show up around the same time. We are making an improvement on the shroud.
2016/08/04 12:34:41
z999z3mystorys
EVGA_JacobF
Yes same for 1070. Actually both cards will show up around the same time. We are making an improvement on the shroud.

oh? shroud improvement? I know I had a hard time with the screws in the PCIe expansion slots because of the extra high profile of the card, if there was a change that would make it a bit easier... well I can hope that's the change anyway heh
Can't think of much else about the shroud that wouldn't be cosmetic.
2016/08/04 12:38:31
Systom
Nailed it, another week, but by this point, will another week actually be next week? We'll find out on next weeks episode of EVGA's elusive unicorn hybrid.
And then to do battle and probably not even get one and wait another week and another week and so on.
Still NO ETA on FTW kits as well.

This is now X5 I could have bought a waterforce, a card I know will perform better than the hybrid--if it weren't for it's aesthetics/non removal of the fan...I don't think I care anymore, I doubt I'll let it slide for a 6th time by now when EVGA's option is completely uncertain.

But now we finally get a reason, so it's a design delay of the shroud because EVGA is new to doing something with a custom PCB over the standard? Talk about dropping the ball.
2016/08/04 12:53:52
Tooth
petmic10
Tooth
petmic10
erobin7482

1080 resolution:

Very nice.

I dont understand the MSI gaming app :(  I dont know where to look to see the base speeds, let alone the OC mode.  Can this not be done in gaming app? or do I need the MSI afterburner?.  I thought it had a one touch OC mode, but dont see the new speeds. 
2016/08/04 13:14:09
petmic10
Tooth
petmic10
Tooth
petmic10
erobin7482

1080 resolution:

Very nice.

I dont understand the MSI gaming app :(  I dont know where to look to see the base speeds, let alone the OC mode.  Can this not be done in gaming app? or do I need the MSI afterburner?.  I thought it had a one touch OC mode, but dont see the new speeds. 

You could use either the gaming app or MSI afterburner but don't use both of them together because they may conflict with one another.

In the gaming app there is a OC mode, gaming mode, and silent mode. My Sea Hawk defaulted to the OC mode as should yours. There is OSD button that lets you toggle on/off certain parameters and make those parameters visible on screen when you play. This is were you can see your clock speeds.

Afterburner is similar, you can choose the parameters you want visible on screen but Afterburner also allows you to overclock too.

Also GPU-Z is another program that can show you what and how your GPU is performing.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account