151-SS-E179-KR - EVGA Z170 Classified
         140-SS-E177-KR - EVGA Z170 FTW
         111-SS-E172-KR - EVGA Z170 Stinger
  • First go into your BIOS and load defaults, save and exit
  • Close all open programs.
  • Go into the folder where you unzipped this package and update.bat
  • Press Y to start the flash process
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE FLASH PROCESS
  • After the flashing is finished, the system will automatically shut down. Then power on again and go into BIOS to setup.
  • NOTE: If flash box immediately closes after flash attempt, the flash may need to be ran from a CMD prompt with administrator privileges or DOS version.

BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.
2016/01/14 17:20:00
MDeckerM
WOOOOOOO!
2016/01/14 19:17:33
rbillyguns
Sorry
2016/01/14 20:19:13
XrayMan
rbillyguns
:( where is the X99 support where is the loyalty to all them people who purchased your X99 motherboards?

I have a suggestion for you. I think you should post a new thread in the X99 section, so Tech Support, and forum members can see what your referring to. What problems you are having, and how to fix them. More info is needed to help you.
2016/01/14 21:06:12
rbillyguns
I am terribly sorry I made a positive comment on behalf of myself and many others did not mean to have disturbed your forum and this is the first time I have been addressed in a nature of this sort. My apology to the forum I had thought it was a EVGA open forum. Peace live long and prosper
2016/01/14 22:40:22
XrayMan
rbillyguns
I am terribly sorry I made a positive comment on behalf of myself and many others did not mean to have disturbed your forum and this is the first time I have been addressed in a nature of this sort. My apology to the forum I had thought it was a EVGA open forum. Peace live long and prosper

It is an open forum. All I suggested is you post the problem in the X99 section. Not sure what I said that got under your skin. Anyway, take care.

2016/01/15 09:58:31
pittsburghjoe
links are pointing to bio 1.05
2016/01/15 10:09:17
TECH_DaveB
pittsburghjoe
links are pointing to bio 1.05

I thought I fixed that already, guess I didn't.  It is fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.
2016/01/16 11:16:09
KC-PROJEKT
Hello!

Does this new bios bring some major changes or fixes over 1.05 version, except those listed in 1st post?
I have 1.05 now and it seems to work fine for my setup. However if the newer one contains latest bug fixes for Skylake processors I would give it a try.
P.S.
Where did I miss 1.06 version?
2016/01/17 16:46:29
jpmiami
Question- I want to flash the new Bios, but I can't seem to get to set-up, pressing DEL does no good, goes right into Windows in a matter of seconds, my drive is a Samsung 950 Pro,( and yes it is fast).
My concern is that if I flash the new Bios from Windows the instructions indicate going first to settings in Bios and setting defaults.
What if I can't get there? Is flashing from Windows workable leaving my current Bios settings as is, or will this cause problems?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account