2015/11/08 17:26:34
PixieStix88
I was looking to upgrade and saw the Fallout 4 back plate 970 but i can't find any info on the free game of Assassins creed or Rainbow six come with it. Seems silly to pay the same price for the card if it doesn't come with a game. 

So does the card come with a code/ work with the promotion? 
2015/11/08 17:47:14
the_Scarlet_one
Not sure where you saw the backplate, but it sounds interesting enough.

Notice that the prices of the cards do not fluctuate for the Nvidia promotions. Whether a game is included or not, the prices seemingly stay the same.

Newegg, Amazon, fry's and other places may do promotions for lower prices, but most of EVGA's promotions are prominently displayed on the page for the gpu itself.

I can't seem to find the card for sale anywhere, only reddit pictures of it currently.

*edit* found where the gpu comes from. So far, it looks to be a special a edition from nvidia currently. Yes, EVGA's name is on the box, but with the release so close, they would usually have these advertised a little bit at least. It looks like these may be available under a limited series.

Maybe EVGA will pop in with some information on them.
2015/11/08 18:15:01
PixieStix88
Ah, yes was gonna tell you the retailer.

Sorry i'm kinda a newb to nivida cards again its been sometime. So is there like a paper that comes inside to redeem it? From what i see its just punch in the serial on the back *which anyone could do without purchasing*. 

I just don't want to purchase it and have to return it since it doesnt include the free games. The back-plate would be super awesome to have but i rather have the game haha. 
2015/11/08 18:30:05
the_Scarlet_one
No, it would never be the serial number. That would be too easy for people to steal.

If you rather have the game, purchase the game.

Nvidia usually runs promotions well before a game is released.. Rarely do I see them come after a game is out. I still don't see these available for retail or any mention of a promotion for this game currently.

Basically, it looks like Nvidia paid to Ave the backplate made as part of their promotional giveaway, but I don't see them for sale anywhere currently.

Maybe there will be more news next week.

Link to a thread that shows where to get FO4 for 20% off

http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2411431
2015/11/08 18:50:08
PixieStix88
I was saying i rather get the Card that comes with the choice of free game instead of the fancy backplate.

Here is the card currently for sale on bestbuy.com and in stores.

* can't add link but its on bestbuy, weekly ad go to video games.

2015/11/08 18:57:02
the_Scarlet_one
Ok, going to look. If it comes from best buy, it would usually be a best buy promotion, which means it is on the receipt or a voucher they would give you.

I am on mobile, so browsing best buy is frustrating at best.

If you paste the link, then put parentheses are the periods, it won't be deleted.

Like this www(.)bestbuy(.)com I can delete the parentheses myself and you can post the link.

Just found it.. Looking to see if it mentions the code now.

It only says it comes with a backplate, so I don't know that it will come with a code.
2015/11/08 19:17:06
PixieStix88
Yeah the regular 970 has the bonus item on there page.  Kind of disappointing. Guess i return it, i didnt want to open before i knew. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account