2018/02/04 19:42:07
Graphite8five
@mike406 I don't know what the negative's are yet... but as for if you are affected, what monitor do you have? Most Asus G-Sync monitors show a red power light when G-Sync is active and a white light when it is not. Your G-Sync monitor brand may do something similar..
2018/02/04 20:52:46
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Vision Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Vision Driver.
Sorry I forgot Lord of the Forums to run the command below after I installed the 3D Vision Driver
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
2018/02/04 20:56:16
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Driver.

And that sets G-Sync back to turning off on the desktop? You mean the 3d vision driver right? 
2018/02/05 01:10:29
Sajin
Negative effects would be that your g-sync module may burnout faster.
2018/02/05 02:46:38
Graphite8five
Sajin
Negative effects would be that your g-sync module may burnout faster.

Seems strange that Nvidia would purposely do that. Is there more to the story? 

Waiting for @bcavnaugh to clarify what the 3d vision driver has to do with this... 
2018/02/05 11:19:54
mike406
Graphite8five
@mike406 I don't know what the negative's are yet... but as for if you are affected, what monitor do you have? Most Asus G-Sync monitors show a red power light when G-Sync is active and a white light when it is not. Your G-Sync monitor brand may do something similar..

It's a Viewsonic XG2703-GS and I don't think there is a way to tell when GSync is on. At least, I'm not aware of a way to check on this monitor. I've always just trusted it isn't off when I'm playing fullscreen games.
2018/02/05 12:14:18
bcavnaugh
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Vision Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Vision Driver.

And that sets G-Sync back to turning off on the desktop? You mean the 3d vision driver right? 

It stays off even after you uninstall the 3D Vision Driver.
At least that is what 3DMarks shows me.
It even stayed off after uninstalling ALL NVIDIA Drivers and Software Running DDU and Installing a Newer Driver and PhysX Drivers.

Sorry I forgot Lord of the Forums to run the command below after I installed the 3D Vision Driver
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
2018/02/05 14:05:26
ty_ger07
bcavnaugh
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Vision Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Vision Driver.

Yes it adds it to the NVIDIA Control Panel to turn it off.
It even stayed off after uninstalling ALL NVIDIA Drivers and Software Running DDU and Installing a Newer Driver and PhysX Drivers.

But it will still run in fullscreen 3d applications as desired?
2018/02/05 14:08:58
Sajin
Graphite8five
Is there more to the story? 

Not that I know of.
2018/02/05 14:26:55
bcavnaugh
ty_ger07
bcavnaugh
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh

Yes it adds it to the NVIDIA Control Panel to turn it off.

But it will still run in fullscreen 3d applications as desired?

If you have some test I can run to see let me know.
I run all my Games in Full Screen GOW4 in SLI was my last gamed played.
Only one of 6 Rigs had the issue with 3DMarks and G-Sync.
On all my rigs I only install the Graphics and PhysX Drivers and have not seen any Gaming Issues.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account