2015/07/28 19:59:00
Sajin
This will keep you from having to disable and enable g-sync every time you enter and exit a game.

Tools needed:
Takeownership

#1 Install takeownership by running the installtakeownership.reg file.
#2 If running a sli setup make sure sli is enabled first before continueing to step #3.
#3 Open nvidia control panel and select the setup g-sync menu.
#4 Disable G-Sync then close the nvidia control panel. G-Sync should now be off on the desktop. Red light on PG278Q should now be white.
#5 Open my computer and search for nvgsyncdetours.dll. Two files should appear, delete both the files, one of the files will not delete saying you need permission to do so, to delete it simply right click it and select take ownership then try to delete it again.
#6 Delete the files from the recycle bin.
#7 Reboot PC.
#8 Enable g-sync from setup g-sync menu inside the nvidia control panel.
#9 Notice g-sync isn't active on the desktop anymore. Opening applications that use g-sync will work as normal with g-sync enabling like it should and disabling like it should when going back to the desktop when closing applications that use g-sync. No more enabling and disabling it. 

Notes for sli users: If you disable sli for any reason g-sync will become active on the desktop again. To fix this simply disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.

Other Notes: Rebooting the PC will cause g-sync to become active on the desktop again.
- How to fix for single card users after rebooting: Disable g-sync from setup g-sync menu, reboot pc, enable g-sync.
- How to fix for sli users after rebooting: Disable sli, disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.
2015/07/28 21:34:37
sahafiec
thanks for the explanation.
no idea what nVidia is doing lately but things doesn't have to be this way.
2015/07/29 03:42:33
stalinx20
Would this be for older GSYNC monitors? I have a Gsync monitor and it allows to either 1) have GSYNC on when I'm in an application that is in "full screen mode", or 2) have GSYNC constantly enable, even in desktop. The only time it turns off is if I activate 3D-Vision/stereoscopic. Which is normal. Gsync reactivates if I turn 3D-Vision off.
2015/07/29 08:49:16
Sajin
stalinx20
Would this be for older GSYNC monitors? I have a Gsync monitor and it allows to either 1) have GSYNC on when I'm in an application that is in "full screen mode", or 2) have GSYNC constantly enable, even in desktop. The only time it turns off is if I activate 3D-Vision/stereoscopic. Which is normal. Gsync reactivates if I turn 3D-Vision off.

It's for any g-sync monitor. On a default install of the driver 353.30 my PG278Q shows a red light indicating that g-sync is active on the desktop, the only way to correct this issue would be to disable g-sync by going to the setup g-sync menu inside the nvidia control panel and unchecking "Enable G-Sync" to disable g-sync completely or do the method I listed here. Other options listed are... enable G-Sync for full screen or enable g-sync for windowed and full screen mode which do nothing to disable g-sync while on the desktop.

2015/07/29 10:16:27
stalinx20
Sajin
stalinx20

It's for any g-sync monitor. On a default install of the driver 353.30 my PG278Q shows a red light indicating that g-sync is active on the desktop, the only way to correct this issue would be to disable g-sync by going to the setup g-sync menu inside the nvidia control panel and unchecking "Enable G-Sync" to disable g-sync completely or do the method I listed here. Other options listed are... enable G-Sync for full screen or enable g-sync for windowed and full screen mode which do nothing to disable g-sync while on the desktop.

I'm going to take a look at this tonight and see if I missed anything.
2015/07/29 11:39:28
bdary
I haven't seen this issue with my Swift monitor since driver 353.30.  Strange it isn't happening for all Gsync display's...
2015/07/29 19:00:37
XrayMan
Good info. Thanks.
2015/07/30 03:58:56
stalinx20
I did some tests last night...And my conclusion is that I don't have this problem. I did take note of it though if I so happen to have an issue with G-SYNC, but everything is working as normal.
2015/07/30 10:43:13
thageek
well now I'm worried and confused, I'm always run my monitor with G-sync enable... Didn't know that was a negative thing for my display or my video cards, I been running my setup like this for almost a year... should I stop doing that and follow this tutorial? 

I have a ROG swift PG278Q and 2X 980 SLI... 
2015/07/30 10:47:56
stalinx20
thageek
well now I'm worried and confused, I'm always run my monitor with G-sync enable... Didn't know that was a negative thing for my display or my video cards, I been running my setup like this for almost a year... should I stop doing that and follow this tutorial? 

I have a ROG swift PG278Q and 2X 980 SLI... 

Do you see G-SYNC randomly shut off when you get out of a application that is using full screen?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account