2014/09/17 09:33:10
the_Scarlet_one
You know I am in... What kind of question was that?
2014/09/17 09:56:18
nateman_doo
Updated main post.  FTW Vreg done

Topside:

Underside:

The chipset for the Classy version looks like it will fit the  FTW.  Let me double check first though.
2014/09/17 10:13:19
nateman_doo
Nope.  FTW needs a different chipset block.  Here is why.  The motherboard standoff hole is in a different spot:

in reality the chipset mounting holes are in a different spot since motherboard mounting holes are a fixed item.  Back to the drawing board for a new chipset block for the FTW (995)

edit:  im all screwed up. The X99 CLASSY CHIPSET WILL fit the FTW board.  It will NOT fit the micro.  The pic is the MICRO's dimensions (designing that as we speak)

So  there will be a X99 Classy Vreg, a X99 FTW Vreg, a CLASSY/FTW chipset, an X99 MICRO Chipset and I am still seeking compatibility with the FTW VREG to fit on the Micro
2014/09/17 10:34:17
hallowen
They Look Great as usual Nate, But Unfortunately with the inlet and outlet being between the first an second PCIe slot, I would not be able to use a Hydro Copper or Stock Air Cooling Graphics Card, Only the Thin aftermarket FC water blocks would work, Which BTW I am in the process of selling my four K|ngp|n/EK WB's and moving on to trying other different Graphics Options with my X99 System.

I may even go to a different X99 MB, So I will have to postpone obtaining this to wait and see what I end up with.
2014/09/17 10:43:02
nateman_doo
yea, they hydro copper are very thick. 
2014/09/17 11:35:11
TECH_DaveB
hallowen
They Look Great as usual Nate, But Unfortunately with the inlet and outlet being between the first an second PCIe slot, I would not be able to use a Hydro Copper or Stock Air Cooling Graphics Card, Only the Thin aftermarket FC water blocks would work, Which BTW I am in the process of selling my four K|ngp|n/EK WB's and moving on to trying other different Graphics Options with my X99 System.

I may even go to a different X99 MB, So I will have to postpone obtaining this to wait and see what I end up with.

Selling the KPE's?  Kinda surprised, those cards are beastly.

Why sell the X99 board, it is a very solid competitor?
2014/09/17 11:37:30
TECH_DaveB
nateman_doo
Caps are mostly an obstacle for me to design around.  But as a user, lots of caps are great!  Don't really care what color they are.

So I just confirmed the paper prototypes fit perfectly:

It will require using one of the motherboard standoffs.  It will be a solid mount since (A) its going to a motherboard standoff, and (B) the inlets are mostly within the triangle the mounting screws.

here is a view of the space between the second PCI-E card and traditional bitspower fittings.  I think its hard to see, but if you draw a line parallel to the PCI-E slot, the widest part of the inlet is tangent to the release arm.  So that leaves enough room I think.  Its a simple fix if it isn't enough room.  Probably won't be compatible with the EVGA Hydrocopper video cards since they are so much thicker then traditional GPU blocks.

As I see it now, the design process is done.  Just waiting on some machine time to make one.  I will probably go right into production since this paper version is spot on, and there really isn't much to these blocks.  They are very simple and that will translate to cheaper for everyone.

Now, aside from the boards owner... who wants in?

Nate, block idea looks good, but, I think you will have a really rough time fitting anything newer/bigger than a 580 in there.  That is a TIGHT fit.  Shame you don't have a modern hydro card, or 2, to test with, and no that wasn't me volunteering mine lol.
2014/09/17 11:51:52
nateman_doo
you know.. I was JUST about to say it until I got to the end of the sentence.  Feel free to send an RMA card or something just laying around.  Then I could test anything. 

SO... I have confused even myself with these 3 boards.  The good news is, I have a block for ALL THREE BOARDS designed.  I drew up a "master list" so to speak using my years of MS-Paint-FU skills.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here she is:

This is the final block in the X99 series.  The chipset block for the Micro:

2014/09/17 12:07:39
zophar
Look's awesome nateman. Soon were going to have to request more sig space for you so you can keep listing your new creations. I'm still looking forward to the hopefully eventual completion of your air cooled water block.
2014/09/17 12:19:13
nateman_doo
At this point the easy part is done.  Now I have to figure out fixture plates, how to arrange them, how many to make in a batch, how to arrange the raw materials etc....

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account