2014/07/31 11:48:20
nateman_doo
I will be working on a waterblock for the Stinger board.  I have no pics, or anything at the moment.  I have a few other projects going on at the same time, but hang in there... it will materialize.  Feel free to post if your interested.  I should have some pics or CAD designs in as early as a week...I hope.  It all depends on how quickly the board arrives. 

Update:
So here we have the board.  I couldn't believe how small this board is until I had it in front of me.

More to follow.

UPDATE:
Completed block, mounted:

Shown with an optional Vanity plate:

2014/08/04 07:38:16
Drerex
I might be interested Nate!  I have a project (Ice Bolt) that I am working on that will have the Z97 stinger in it.  What cad software are you using?  

Hey, I have the exact same calipers.

2014/08/04 21:34:02
nateman_doo
Pro-Engineer Wildfire.  Harbor Frieght calipers ftw ;) 

So far its going really well.  I have all the copper parts already drafted.  about 40% of the overall drafting done.
2014/08/05 05:15:04
Drerex
Awesome!  Look forward to seeing the models.  Have been looking for a full coverage wb for the stinger but couldn't find any.  Autodesk Inventor Pro 2015 here.  Good thing is that Pro-Eng Wildfire excepts step files like Solidworks.  Got some good step files of PC components if you ever need any.  
2014/08/05 11:02:50
nateman_doo
So far we are looking at 3 copper chunks, lots of O-rings, bolts, and 2 more layers.  A bit challenging, but not impossible.  The heights aren't set right in the CAD, just X & Y. 

2014/08/05 11:27:05
vsg28
Just a thought- what about a monoblock solution that covers the CPU also in a single block with one inlet and outlet?

Also, yeah I was pretty surprised myself how small a m-ITX board is.
2014/08/05 14:39:48
nateman_doo
That is what your looking at.  Those are the copper blocks that will make contact with the various chips.  I am still trying to design the sandwich so to speak. 
2014/08/05 17:28:56
_NathanF
Soon as I read first post I was wondering the same thing.  Why not do full covered block.
2014/08/05 18:28:24
Drerex
EVGAtech_NathanF
Soon as I read first post I was wondering the same thing.  Why not do full covered block.

Since you guys have EKWB doing the Hydros now, I am surprised there not doing the full coverage these days.  Doesn't matter anymore because we have Nate!! :)
2014/08/05 19:01:21
vsg28
nateman_doo
That is what your looking at.  Those are the copper blocks that will make contact with the various chips.  I am still trying to design the sandwich so to speak. 

The sandwich was what misled me, I did see the CPU block part. Really interested to see how this works out. I would love to do a fully modded Hadron build with the z97 Stinger.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account