• Hardware
  • Question about QNIX monitor differences (p.4)
2013/09/05 09:41:22
bg8780
This looks like a great monitor at an awesome price! Everyone still enjoying thiers?
2013/09/05 10:00:22
rjohnson11
I've had mine over two weeks now. It's awesome but remember that it is a pass through monitor without an AD board.
2013/09/05 11:06:41
bg8780
rjohnson11

I've had mine over two weeks now. It's awesome but remember that it is a pass through monitor without an AD board.

I have no idea what any of that means. lol Help?
2013/09/05 18:38:39
bg8780
rjohnson, can you please explain what a pass through monitor is and what an AD boards does?

Thanks!
2013/09/05 19:14:33
enigma442
I have had mine a little over a week, and am very happy with it.
To answer your question the monitor does not have a built in chip to control it.
It uses your graphics card controls to set things like color,tint,vibrance,
you get the idea.
The only setting you can adjust on the monitor are brightness,and the built in speaker volume.
There is no gui interface on the monitor.
You also need a graphics card that supports duel link DVI.
Hope this helps a little. 
2013/09/06 04:52:01
bg8780
enigma442

To answer your question the monitor does not have a built in chip to control it.
you get the idea.
The only setting you can adjust on the monitor are brightness,and the built in speaker volume.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thank you. Is that even really much of a disadvantage? Does it put more load on the GPU thus dropping FPS or something like that. There has to be a longer list of cons. This monitor is so cheap its seem to good to be true.

2013/09/07 00:27:06
rjohnson11
Well it means that you can't connect this type of monitor to a laptop for example. You can only connect it to a valid video card of a PC. Mine is working great!

bg8780

enigma442

you get the idea.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thank you. Is that even really much of a disadvantage? Does it put more load on the GPU thus dropping FPS or something like that. There has to be a longer list of cons. This monitor is so cheap its seem to good to be true.

2013/09/07 09:19:55
bg8780
rjohnson11

Well it means that you can't connect this type of monitor to a laptop for example. You can only connect it to a valid video card of a PC. Mine is working great!

bg8780

enigma442

you get the idea.

Understood! Thanks a lot everyone! Gonna save up for a bit and buy one of these. Especially since I'm running SLI very soon
2013/09/07 10:02:57
rjohnson11
Always go for the pixel perfect monitor.

bg8780

rjohnson11

bg8780

enigma442

you get the idea.

Understood! Thanks a lot everyone! Gonna save up for a bit and buy one of these. Especially since I'm running SLI very soon

2013/09/10 10:31:31
Sajin
I looked for some warranty info but couldn't find anything. Do these monitors come with any warranty? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account