2013/08/13 17:46:26
a1solarnova
I got the Classified.
I get resonance vibration at 70%.
But if i set fan profile to skip that then its no problem.
However.
The fan motor noise is a bit anoying above 65%....obviosly playing games the fan speed is aroun the 75% mark. The woosh of air sound is all i expected to get..this motor sound is not wanted but i got lucky with the silicon lottery and got a good ASIC 87.9% and a good out ofthe box clock of 1163mhz so im inclined to deal with it. Specialy if its a widely experianced ...issue ? ..maybe its just how they are.
2013/08/13 18:03:39
rkiely
Yep...air whoosh is as expected. That I can deal with.
The immensely irritating resonance which is present on my card at many differing speeds is a different thing altogether.

I will be reinstalling my nice and quiet Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 670 and using the 780 ACX thing as a doorstop until I find an aftermarket cooler.
2013/08/16 12:33:23
smitherific
I have to retract my previous statement about the noise. The noise becomes quite irritating after a while especially since I have been less demanding games, so it has been constant. Anyone have an idea how widespread this issue is?
2013/08/16 13:14:28
Superbxxx
I also have this on my 780 classified in some rpm.....but when i put my finger on the plastic near the fans it stops....can it be a screw not tight enough?I will investigate this further.

someone has seen if the screws are tight?

Ps: this 780 classified...is a beast
2013/08/19 05:17:54
trickeh2k
Hmm, I think I have this too on my classy. Is the noise sorta like ticking, resembling the noise a mechanical disk can make?
2013/08/20 10:35:16
a1solarnova
Hi all.

I need all you Classified owners opinion on this vid i made.
http://sdrv.ms/14SQLRg

its bassicaly for you to hear the noise of the ACX cooler.

The EU EVGA customer service rep iv spoke to by email says it is a little noisier than it should be. But i want more peoples perspective.
If i RMA, ill have to roll the dice on the Silicon lottery again, and ill have to pay to ship it form the UK to germany.

My current GPU ASIC is 87.9 and the out of the box clock is 1163mhz at 1.162mv on the core.

BTW you might want to wear headphone and turn the volume up to hear it properly, i only have an old SD digital camcorder at my disposal :P
2013/08/21 15:12:53
Superbxxx
I just saw the video...mine does the same thing too.... i have pinpoited the noise to fan that is near to the front of the case.....i think if i adjust the fan screws it can be solved.... Can you tri to put your finger in the fan (whem its making the noise) and tell me if the noise stops.....just touch it in THE CENTER OF THE FAN(do not stop the fan) .
2013/08/21 15:21:31
a1solarnova
Yes as i apply presure the rattle subsides, so does the humming kind of sound. but that may just be becouse im decreasing the speed.

Ether way, what screws are u talking about. where are they located exactly ?
2013/08/21 15:34:03
Superbxxx
Humm...they are the screws that hold the fan to the heatsink. Power down your pc an look at the fan...you will see 3 screws there...try to adjust them.
2013/08/21 16:23:49
Superbxxx
Any news?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account