2013/11/13 15:44:44
Slugar
Ok i think i made a mistake, it seems the noise is coming from my PSU, sounds like arcing. Will update once i have replace my PSU.
2013/11/16 00:26:24
Slugar
Ok i changed the PSU.

I can hear a high pitch sound coming from the video card when i am playing BF4 and when every FPS go really high, like in the menu of wow.

I have been swapping my old 680 with the 780 to check for the noise and after much testing the evga 780 has a very high pitch noise. Its like a screeching sound. 
2013/11/16 00:35:11
HeavyHemi
Slugar
Ok i changed the PSU.

I can hear a high pitch sound coming from the video card when i am playing BF4 and when every FPS go really high, like in the menu of wow.

I have been swapping my old 680 with the 780 to check for the noise and after much testing the evga 780 has a very high pitch noise. Its like a screeching sound. 

That's noise coming from most likely the VRM section, inductor whine or squealing. It won't damage the GPU and it may or may not get quieter over time. If the noise is too annoying the only solution is to RMA the card. 
2013/11/16 13:46:33
Slugar
It is noticeable when gaming, I do have Vsync off, i will try it with Vsync on as i have read that vsync off can cause the problem.

I have to say it is quieter then the Gigabyte Winforce 680 when it comes to fan noise and temps so i will give that a last try before sending it back.
2013/11/21 04:11:37
Snailswrath
Before thinking about using this bios, be sure that you've got the evga gtx 780 sc acx graphics card and i will not be held responsible for any misstakes made by you or anything else for that reason.

If you want to lower the fan speed from 39% to 29% i found an . It worked for me and the "humming" sound disappears at 29-35% fan speed.  this worked great for me and made my pc significantly quieter. 
You can use the fan control and oveclocking application  in combination with this bios as applications like Precision X and afterburner won't allow lower fan speeds...most likely :P

Remember to use something like to save the current to a ROM before updating if something were to happen and you've got to reinstall the nvidia drivers. The driver update is very fast and didn't give me any sign of "completion". Basically the first sign of a successful update was due to the lower fan speed option :)

*Edit
Appearently i can't either hyperlink or post URLs (some restrictions) huh. 
go to youtube and type this "EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX BIOS Update" into the search box and you'll find the video by that name.

Google for "Downloading NVIDIA Inspector Download version 1.9.7.2" and you'll get to GURU website, DL link quite far down the page.

Google for GPU-Z and click the "techpowerup" link. guide yourself from there on to a download.

sorry for being unable to link directly :/

Good luck guys
2013/11/21 07:52:48
pake2
I recently did RMA my card and the replacement card (GTX 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler) does about the same resonance, although it is slightly (10%) quieter. This one responds to fan profiles more than the past card and quiets it down some. 

I would say that if you can't return your card, then your best shot is to RMA if the sound occurs. I am going to be stepping up to the 780ti with the reference cooler, so hopefully that would eliminate any resonance whatsoever.

BTW can any mod chime in to see if there is a BIOs flash for the GTX 780 FTW for the fan speeds to drop to 29%? I know there is one for the GTX 780 SC version... was wondering if the dual bios functionality of the FTW would work in this regard.
2013/11/21 14:08:31
ttt3008
Just got my EVGA 780TI SC ACX in the mail a couple days ago. Similarly, I noticed the rattle in my fans as well. When my fans are in lower rpm or Idle they began to rattle. At first I thought about the item being defective. Then i figured it could be the Psu blowing air up causing one of the fans to be altered just enough to rattle.
It could be a defect, but it would be interesting to see this problem from someone with a down-firing psu that can also confirm the sound or maybe someone with a less traditional setup.
2013/11/21 14:14:03
NullException
ttt3008
Just got my EVGA 780TI SC ACX in the mail a couple days ago. Similarly, I noticed the rattle in my fans as well. When my fans are in lower rpm or Idle they began to rattle. At first I thought about the item being defective. Then i figured it could be the Psu blowing air up causing one of the fans to be altered just enough to rattle.
It could be a defect, but it would be interesting to see this problem from someone with a down-firing psu that can also confirm the sound or maybe someone with a less traditional setup.

You PSU exhausts air into the case?  They're supposed to take in case air and exhaust it out the back.

For me, the sound is definitely a resonance caused by the fast that there are two fans.  When it's resonating, if I stick my finger on the middle of one of the fans (the very middle, not the blades) and apply slight pressure to slow the fan down, then the sound stops, because the two fans are then at different speeds.  Doesn't matter which fan I do this to.
2013/11/21 14:23:53
ttt3008
I just noticed the noise fix thread in the main 700 series forum page that is dedicated to fixing the sound. You are probably right on the psu fan air flow because that makes good since. :)

2013/12/28 16:32:09
mower1234
I too just got GTX 780 Classified. I get resonance vibration noise at 30-33% % fanspeed, well I can make it go away by setting it to 50%.... What should I do? RMA best option?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account