2022/07/04 06:35:32
Drerex
Yep, the skins that are in Precision X1 software are hard coded in.  I actually created a X1 skin for MSI afterburner a while back just messing around.  lol!

2022/07/04 07:39:42
Rogue13x
I actually asked this elsewhere recently and never got an answer I fully understood (I have a brain tumor which makes such things difficult for me).  As I can barely take advantage of the full capabilities of my 3090 and I no longer understand a lot of pc basics, are there some basic settings I can plug in X1 like those above; fan speed, rpm, volts, etc, which will give me a reliable running experience without fear of overheating, etc?  I don't need to OC beyond what it does naturally as I can't play any of the games that used to seriously tax my system.  Just want something I can plug in and forget without the nagging worry that I might be doing something wrong.

Oh, and there's still that annoying thing that I know I resolved at least to some degree back when I had a brain and a 3080, and that's that my G.Skill 4000mhz (2x64 i think) can't be set above 2666 without crashing.  Thanks for your help and understanding.
2022/07/04 08:14:06
jonkrmr
Rogue13x
I actually asked this elsewhere recently and never got an answer I fully understood (I have a brain tumor which makes such things difficult for me).  As I can barely take advantage of the full capabilities of my 3090 and I no longer understand a lot of pc basics, are there some basic settings I can plug in X1 like those above; fan speed, rpm, volts, etc, which will give me a reliable running experience without fear of overheating, etc?  I don't need to OC beyond what it does naturally as I can't play any of the games that used to seriously tax my system.  Just want something I can plug in and forget without the nagging worry that I might be doing something wrong.

Oh, and there's still that annoying thing that I know I resolved at least to some degree back when I had a brain and a 3080, and that's that my G.Skill 4000mhz (2x64 i think) can't be set above 2666 without crashing.  Thanks for your help and understanding.

If you are not overclocking your 3090 and just leaving it at stock, you can just leave X1 with its' default settings and your 3090 will be fine.
As long as you have decent case air flow, your 3090 will operate within its' design specifications temp wise.

Do not have an answer for your system memory. We would need to have more information about your system (motherboard and CPU model, current memory settings, voltage in BIOS, etc.).

2022/07/04 08:19:02
jonkrmr
Drerex
Yep, the skins that are in Precision X1 software are hard coded in.  I actually created a X1 skin for MSI afterburner a while back just messing around.  lol!

That is pretty sweet Drerex!
Where can I get that skin?
2022/07/04 09:31:41
Drerex
Thank you sir!  The Precision X1 skin for Afterburner was never officially released because, you know.  I just got bored one day and threw it together.  So understand you might find a flaw here or there because the skin never was officially tested.  It does work well though.  Actually like it better than the original.  Haha!  You can download here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtPIe07-oF3Fg0hy7-lT_1PzkDhD?e=fhEAMv

2022/07/04 10:03:07
Rogue13x
jonkrmr
Rogue13x

If you are not overclocking your 3090 and just leaving it at stock, you can just leave X1 with its' default settings and your 3090 will be fine.
As long as you have decent case air flow, your 3090 will operate within its' design specifications temp wise.

Do not have an answer for your system memory. We would need to have more information about your system (motherboard and CPU model, current memory settings, voltage in BIOS, etc.).

Mobo is ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WIFI II.  CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz.   64GB (2x32 G.Skill 4000MHz) - BIOS version 1309 x64 - CPU speed 3700 MHz - Memory frequency 2666 MHz - Total Memory 65536 MB DDR4 - CPU voltage 1.48v - SOC Voltage .975 - DRAM Voltage 1.200v.  I have screens of a whole bunch of other voltages if you need them, but they are all set to auto.  Core Voltage says 1.48v.  Oh and this part says 12v 12.076 / 5v 5.02v and 3.3v 3.280 v.  Going to stop now because my clumsy fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons and erasing all this so I have to do it over and over again.  Thanks again for your indulgence and if you need any other info I can provide please ask.
2022/07/05 07:35:56
jonkrmr
Hi Rogue13x. I am no expert on memory, especially on a AMD platform as I am on a Intel platform and it has been many, many years since I owned a AMD CPU.
This is also not the correct forum thread to pose a memory question.
I would suggest you pose your memory question in the hardware forum here.
Sorry I could be of no help to you on this.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account