2014/05/29 18:14:21
shadowboricua
I a have GTX 780 SLI and turning textures down to high has really minimized the stutter significantly even with Ultra settings and MSAA x8 or TXAA x4. I can finally enjoy the game. I was tempted to install the game on my SSD, but don't have much space on it.

If I do decide to install the game on my SSD, does anyone know if the saved progress remains intact?
2014/05/30 06:18:36
Ntrain96
shadowboricua
I a have GTX 780 SLI and turning textures down to high has really minimized the stutter significantly even with Ultra settings and MSAA x8 or TXAA x4. I can finally enjoy the game. I was tempted to install the game on my SSD, but don't have much space on it.

If I do decide to install the game on my SSD, does anyone know if the saved progress remains intact?

You can move the game from one drive to another as your save game/config data is normally kept on your C drive.
2014/05/30 06:23:18
Ntrain96
howdyho1
Thank you for sharing your notes!

I've only played it a bit (made it out of the stadium) on my pair of Titan Black SCs and didn't notice any issues.  I also have a Raid 10 SSD, which sounds like it is also helping.  But, I need to make an investment to get to a stable OC for my CPU again.  From what you have seen, I'll need every drop of horsepower my system can muster.

As it is right now its both a cpu/gpu intensive game, but at 1080p the game should eventually run smooth Im hoping with a few patches, beyond the odd hitches and stuttering the game runs north of 100fps with the GFE recommended settings. I do find that there is literally no point in running more than Temporal SMAA AA..........beyond that I can discern no visual improvements in edge smoothing. MSAA/TXAA seems to do nothing but give a bigger hit to performance overall.

PS: How are you running 24g of ram? 3 sticks?
2014/05/30 06:30:05
MADOGRE
I think some of its problems has to do with how it uses the system ram as Vram on the consoles, some people said turning of your page file helps.
2014/05/30 06:36:51
Ntrain96
MADOGRE
I think some of its problems has to do with how it uses the system ram as Vram on the consoles, some people said turning of your page file helps.

Very well could be, I haven't turned off page filing or modified the OS setup when I did the comparison. I kept everything pretty much stock cept turn off unnecessary programs and background applications.

Though to add, did the people who turned off page filing(virtual memory)do so on a traditional C: Hard drive, or did they have an SSD? If they had an SSD as their main drive I don't see the point at all.
2014/05/30 07:44:13
howdyho1
Ntrain96

As it is right now its both a cpu/gpu intensive game, but at 1080p the game should eventually run smooth Im hoping with a few patches, beyond the odd hitches and stuttering the game runs north of 100fps with the GFE recommended settings. I do find that there is literally no point in running more than Temporal SMAA AA..........beyond that I can discern no visual improvements in edge smoothing. MSAA/TXAA seems to do nothing but give a bigger hit to performance overall.

I have 6 sticks of RAM.  It's an older X58 triple-channel motherboard.

Thanks for the advice on AA.  I'll give that a shot this weekend.
2014/05/31 08:00:00
Ntrain96
howdyho1
Ntrain96

I have 6 sticks of RAM.  It's an older X58 triple-channel motherboard.

Thanks for the advice on AA.  I'll give that a shot this weekend.

Ah gotcha on the RAM.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account