2014/05/29 12:17:52
Ntrain96
Few other notes.......this game WORKED my SYSTEM....... the fans kicked on immediately with the profile I have set and were cranking at 100% in no time on both GPU's and the system/cpu fans were no different. In fact specifically the CPU got hotter on this game and faster than on any other game I use with it.

2014/05/29 12:18:45
Miguell
interesting... very interesting...

they said this would be a heavy game but.. i never expected to be THIS heavy...

maybe a new driver will fix this? hope so!
2014/05/29 12:20:39
CyberSparky
What was the vram useage from Ultra to Medium an so forth? Did that drop in textures really benefit the "hitching/stuttering" to a great degree? FPS comparison? I am using an SSD, 144hz monitor, and all High settings with Temporal AA, an can maintain 70fps with dips to 50 when it stutters. And this is with my 4GB 670 FTW backup :)
2014/05/29 12:23:55
Ntrain96
Heavy game without question.

But to be honest a pair of titans or 780 ti's can handle the game maxed out including ultra textures..........with Temporal SMAA at 1080p.......but then you run into the odd hitching/stutter here and there.........but the fps average is over 70-80fps.............so average framerate is high still...............but man you can cook an egg off your pc with this game.........definitely a game where your fan profiles need to be maxed out and ramp up fast, and you need good circulation, or a quality water cooled setup as well.
2014/05/29 12:44:27
Ntrain96
SparkyShaft
What was the vram useage from Ultra to Medium an so forth? Did that drop in textures really benefit the "hitching/stuttering" to a great degree? FPS comparison? I am using an SSD, 144hz monitor, and all High settings with Temporal AA, an can maintain 70fps with dips to 50 when it stutters. And this is with my 4GB 670 FTW backup :)

Very good question, and very telling too.......at both High and Ultra textures the 780 Ti's showed 2.9gigs of allocation/use(GPU-Z), and with the Titan's both high and Ultra textures showed 5.9gigs of allocation/use.

At medium both the Titans and 780 ti's showed 2.2gigs of allocation/use.
2014/05/29 13:19:01
jisbell12
I still say something is going on with these games and their ultra textures and super graphic effects with all that vram usage.  For both the 3gb and the 6gb to fill up so fast and stay there, that almost tells me the cpu can't handle the complexity of the game or keep up the data rate to the cards fast enough for the cards to refresh their texture memory.  If this isn't happening, someone please correct me, as I am not, nor ever claimed to be an expert on this, but just think there is something else going on under the hood with these super detailed games and their high system usage that maybe no one is seeing.

At Medium, both 780Ti and Titan used 2.2gb, but after that the vram is maxed whether you have 3gb or 6gb on even High settings...  It seems to me that on High, the Titan with its 6gb shouldn't be maxing out like that or rather it should be somewhere in the range of 4~5gb and then only max out on Ultra settings if vram was the only issue.  Anyone follow my thinking on this?  It's just hard for me to accept this is just a video card/vram issue.
2014/05/29 13:38:43
Ntrain96
jisbell12
I still say something is going on with these games and their ultra textures and super graphic effects with all that vram usage.  For both the 3gb and the 6gb to fill up so fast and stay there, that almost tells me the cpu can't handle the complexity of the game or keep up the data rate to the cards fast enough for the cards to refresh their texture memory.  If this isn't happening, someone please correct me, as I am not, nor ever claimed to be an expert on this, but just think there is something else going on under the hood with these super detailed games and their high system usage that maybe no one is seeing.

At Medium, both 780Ti and Titan used 2.2gb, but after that the vram is maxed whether you have 3gb or 6gb on even High settings...  It seems to me that on High, the Titan with its 6gb shouldn't be maxing out like that or rather it should be somewhere in the range of 4~5gb and then only max out on Ultra settings if vram was the only issue.  Anyone follow my thinking on this?  It's just hard for me to accept this is just a video card/vram issue.

Well technically high textures is supposed to be the setting to use for 2GB cards..........but GPU-z shows more is being allocated(used?)and both the 780ti and titan are maxing out basically. Medium is showing an obvious cap use and its still 2.2gigs....... I am not sure how accurate of a program GPU-z is to begin with............
2014/05/29 13:44:11
jisbell12
Has anyone tried Nvidia Inspector for vram usage?  How accurate is that over GPU-Z?  You can even overlay the graphs on top of what you are playing to see the current usage in any given situation.
2014/05/29 13:58:43
Miguell
holy crap..

2.5GB average vram?
2x GTX780ti?

man... oh man... maybe this games needs some patches?
does not seems very.. optimized..

2014/05/29 14:23:09
howdyho1
Thank you for sharing your notes!

I've only played it a bit (made it out of the stadium) on my pair of Titan Black SCs and didn't notice any issues.  I also have a Raid 10 SSD, which sounds like it is also helping.  But, I need to make an investment to get to a stable OC for my CPU again.  From what you have seen, I'll need every drop of horsepower my system can muster.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account