looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x

Author
evilmustang66
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1598
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2015/07/29 20:07:32 (permalink)
i found what I at ek I need to know what size connectors and radiator plus pump I need only pros who know what they are doing I am new to open loop custom but looking at ek
 corrected thanks
asus max 7 hero 32 gb ddr3 corsair dominator
two titan x 2990 evga card
also need therm pads too
tubing not hose
connectors what size is best
reservoir  size

it all going in the lian li pc desk dk02 pm link with what need please or post I want the clear nickel look I interested in the nickel back plate for card
thank you for your help  in advance I am looking at ek site
post edited by evilmustang66 - 2015/07/29 21:09:23

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

5 Replies Related Threads

representtexas
    • Total Posts : 48
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x 2015/07/29 21:02:44 (permalink)
    Welcome to the wonderful world of custom water cooling loops!

I built my first custom loop about a decade ago and fell in love with this aspect of modding. The entire process from planning to shopping to building to testing is for whatever reason very exciting to me!

The first question I would have for you is in your post you ask about "closed loop custom". I just want to clarify that you probably meant an open loop system. A closed loop would be an AIO type system that does not need to be filled.

The second important question is what exactly are your delta goals? There is a ton of information that you may need to research in order to determine the best parts for your new custom loop. I see you listed your specs but what exactly do you plan on cooling within the loop? What is the noise level you are looking for and what delta temps are you trying to achieve on the parts within your loop. What is the build being used for, such as for gaming, multi tasking, or professional type work? Were you looking at dual loops or one loop? What is the noise level that you are looking for and have you researched the clearance area for your radiators + fans? Do you plan on overclocking any of the components in your loop? Have you drawn out a basic plan of how you would like your loop to run? Are you planning on lighting effects on your blocks or res? Did you have a res in mind (as far as bay style or cylinder)? Did you mean rigid, flexible, or copper tubing and what size?

These are all very important questions that vary greatly depending on each builders needs and goals. I would love to help you pick some parts but I would first recommend researching everything you can about delta temps and custom loop building. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky

And i'm saying this with all due respect, it will save you money in the long run. A custom loop can be very costly, but if it's something you enjoy you can carry over your parts to other builds and save on components by doing the research. I made many mistakes in my first build that cost me a few extra hundred dollars in the long run. Had I researched more effectively I would have better planned my build for exactly what "I" was looking for and not made my custom loop based on what others had done in their rigs. (especially when you look at show builds that are meant mostly to look amazing but aren't always logical when you are paying with your own money.

I can tell you that the EK blocks work great with low pressure pumps and the rads would depend on the noise level you are searching for. The fittings from EK are all basic g1/4 fittings but the type of fitting would depend on the angle of your blocks positioned and where those tubes are running to. You can use the config tool on the EK size to make sure your blocks and/or backplate fits your specific card. 

However, if you aren't willing to do a ton of research and rather go with a plug and play option you may want to look at the hybrid kits that EVGA sells. Those AIO kits I have heard are great for a simple and cheap alternative to custom loops when they are in stock. 

post edited by representtexas - 2015/07/29 21:12:41
    evilmustang66
    FTW Member
    Re: looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x 2015/07/29 21:11:14 (permalink)
    I just don't want to keep waiting for evga to pop up so I was looking at the other with cpu  gpu sli I didn't what is the options I have since I am only runnlng one side of the desk

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

representtexas
    • Total Posts : 48
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x 2015/07/29 21:16:31 (permalink)
    Okay, If I'm understanding, you are just checking on your options for the waterblcoks themselves. This can be done on the EK Config tool. http://configurator.ekwb.com/

As long as your exact model shows up in the list then those blocks should fit. As far as your other questions though, I would need all of the information to help you determine your delta Ts and select the rest of your loop parts. I don't mean to discourage you but a custom water loop is an investment in itself, so if it's not something you are ready to dive into it may be better to wait for EVGA to have the hybrid in stock. Just my .02. 
    evilmustang66
    FTW Member
    Re: looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x 2015/07/29 21:31:52 (permalink)
    http://configurator.ekwb.com/step1_printcomplist here what I found so far what size fittings do I need
    the radiator I was looking at two 3 fans thermal pads where to get them
    tubing pump  what else is missing I need I understand it a investment but I looking at it unless evga get stox in

evilmustang66
    FTW Member
    Re: looking to buy cooling blocks for titan x 2015/07/30 17:45:56 (permalink)
    well the 980 hybrid coolers surfaced I got two so I stay with el cheap o loop until I can get the extra up to buy open loop to acquire everything for my build later

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile