EVGA

First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment.

Author
Lothar_ab
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/24 02:34:42 (permalink)
Hello,

I just want to share with everyone my huge dissapointment with Evga Europe shop.

To be honest I was waiting for 980ti Classifieds for almost 2 months allready. Waiting for 980ti that will fit all my needs almost 4 months.
Checking everyday all local stores, asking vendors for availability, refreshing evga website... everything to just get them.

Finally Classfieds during last evga restock (on 22th of August ~2pm) I was able to get two of this cards. Paid with paypal, my payment was realized without any problems. I cannot even describe how happy I was! My Witcher 3 Collectors Edition is still unpacked in the box waiting for new cards!
I decide to call evga next morning (23 of August ~9:30am) because status of my order doesn't change at all. I wanted to be sure everything is fine at least untill Classifieds are still on stock. I also sent an e-mail just in case.
Very pleasant gentelman checked my order and told me that everything is fine and it should be shipped today. I can call tomorrow to get tracking number.
Called evga once again same day evening (23 of August~ 9pm) because status of the order hasn't changed at all. Again received information everything is fine and I should wait till end of the day and call tomorrow if nothing changes.
Because again nothing changed in my order status I called 3rd time today morning (24 of August ~9pm) and again I was assured everything is ok and cards should be shipped to me today afternoon.
1 hour ago I received e-mail from evga with sad news: 

Unfortunately, we can’t ship your online order 2922300. 
Due to a system error, we can’t send you the product 06G-P4-4998-KR. 
I need to cancel your order, because I can’t say you when we have the product in stock again.

I cannot describe how dissapointed I am... It could be easly prevented by Evga support. I always believed in epic Evga support and they failed so bad this time. I know sh!t always happens but why me !?! :(
Further after I cancel my order I received answer to my first mail (sent just before my first call):

thank you for your email. We checked the account regarding your order. It says that you have cancelled the order. 

Luckly yesterday in local vendor store two Classifieds appeared! Probably they ordered them because of my past questions about them. I ordered them right away today but enormous grief remains...

Evga should really work on availability of their products and functionality of their online store to prevent this kind of situations. If I didn't love their products so much I would immediately choose different brand. Thats a pity there is no real alternative to be honest.
I hope this topic will have little impact in functioning the evga eu shop.

Maybe some of you had similar problems with europe shop or I'm just only unlucky guy?

post edited by Lothar_ab - 2015/07/24 04:01:36

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black & Bitfenix Alchemy LED White
Intel i7-4770k @ 4,4GHz + Corsair H100i + 4x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Push/Pull + 3x Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 140mm
4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Cl9
MSI Z87 Mpower
2x EVGA GTX980Ti Classified SLI + Evga Pro Sli Bridge v2
Evga 1600 P2 + Black/Yellow Cablemod
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB | Crucial BX100 250GB | 2x WD Black 750GB Raid 0
Qpad MK-80 + Logitech G502
Asus PG279Q + Dell U2715h + LG OLED55B7V

28 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 02:41:27 (permalink)
    I have referred your post to EVGA EU

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

cfs20122011
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 03:51:06 (permalink)
    Yeah,
             Truly sad for you, I have just had my 980ti classified order cancelled by EVGA 1 hour ago.I ordered in Europe where the prices are sky high but still to send you a notification that the item is in stock then you order and its cancelled 3 days later is absolutely unforgivable in my book. I have been a customer for many years and of course pay over the odds for these cards so maybe I should look at another vendor now.
    It just shows you that loyalty is worth nothing these days when you help a company get to the top.
    Pgcmoore
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2037
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 03:56:26 (permalink)
    wow,  a truly disappointing story, hope your new vendor can get this worked out for you

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

DominikU
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 144
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 04:11:35 (permalink)
    Hi Lothar,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you by placing an order in our store. The issue we had is fixed for now and should not happen in the future again. 
    By the default information the customer support did see it was looking like the orders do get shipped, and customers that are affected got contacted by a seperate person to get those closed asap because of the money involved.
    I am glad you did get your hands on the products with a local partner! Hope you enjoy them and if there is any question or concern with the cards just let us know!
    mossay
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 07:05:55 (permalink)
    @Lothar,

First time poster here, but I got the exact same message as you for my 980ti classified (I googled the message to see if it was a cookie cutter template and this thread appeared :P )
    My story is pretty much the same as yours-- waited patiently for a couple of months for the right 980ti, avoided other ecommerce sites as the GBP to Euro conversion is insane.

Then today I get contacted telling me a "system error" occurred. I'd speculate that they were just understocked. 
    Anyways-- as the email says-- they have no idea if/when they'll have stock again. Time for me to jump ship to another brand.
    @EVGA --  It takes years to build a good relationship with a customer, it takes less than a day to dissolve it. 

dr.cobra
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 07:21:53 (permalink)
    22/07/2015
    Order Confirmation: EVGA Order Number 6784570
    Order #: 6784570
    Order Date: 2015-07-22 14:28:31
    Order Summary
    Qty Item Description Price
    1 EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+
    Item #:06G-P4-4998-KR (€819.00 each) €819.00
    Subtotal €819.00
    Tax (Include VAT) €0.00
    Shipping via UPS Standard €16.00
    Order Total €835.00
     Shipments are processed and shipped Monday - Friday only. Please review our  for more order processing information.

24/07/2015
    Dear Mr. M...,

Unfortunately, we can’t ship your online order 6784570.

I need to cancel your order, because I can’t say you when we have the product in stock again.

Order online 6784570 Dear Mrs. F... W... are very sorry for what he informed me , especially not told me anything about the error system that my order can not be processed . I remind you that my paypal was duly paid and not reimbursed : It ' the first time I buy a video card on EVGA.eu.com and knowing the note seriousness of the shop I thought I had no problema.Forse I was wrong ? If it not were possible to obviate hope in a prompt refund. Best regards

Dear Mr. M...,

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Your order has been canceled and the amount was refunded.

Best regards

Which system error? I was not offered any alternative.I have no card that waited a long time. I thought EVGA shop was the top but I was wrong. When will I be compensated buy another card of other brand. I'm disappointed because I bought so many products EVGA although not by official store, now I say fortunately. I apologize for the English but I am using Google translator.

post edited by dr.cobra - 2015/07/27 12:11:02
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 08:20:02 (permalink)
    mossay
    @Lothar,

First time poster here, but I got the exact same message as you for my 980ti classified (I googled the message to see if it was a cookie cutter template and this thread appeared :P )
    My story is pretty much the same as yours-- waited patiently for a couple of months for the right 980ti, avoided other ecommerce sites as the GBP to Euro conversion is insane.

Then today I get contacted telling me a "system error" occurred. I'd speculate that they were just understocked. 
    Anyways-- as the email says-- they have no idea if/when they'll have stock again. Time for me to jump ship to another brand.
    @EVGA --  It takes years to build a good relationship with a customer, it takes less than a day to dissolve it. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just saying...

But I will say, if you decide to go with Asus, good luck with that.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/24 08:27:47

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 09:54:27 (permalink)
    Issues like this are way too common from evga.eu.  If it's not an order screwed up, it's RMA department dropping the ball.  Customers have to posts on the forums to get someone from evga HQ in the US to yell at someone in EU region to answer a customers support ticket. They wonder why Europe customers feel a second-class citizen.

stalinx20

So you think the way evga.eu has handle this issue was the right way to do it.  

ASUS makes some nice products.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 10:36:24 (permalink)
    MSim
    Issues like this are way too common from evga.eu.  If it's not an order screwed up, it's RMA department dropping the ball.  Customers have to posts on the forums to get someone from evga HQ in the US to yell at someone in EU region to answer a customers support ticket. They wonder why Europe customers feel a second-class citizen.

stalinx20

No, not at all. But not rationally thinking is just going to make people not care either way.
    For Asus, yes, when they make what they're good in making... I have different opinions when people start getting into making "everything", too much micro-management, more mistakes happen, more bad parts, bad customer service, etc. It's just too much. Stick with what you're good at making. Perfect example, look at Intel graphics...right? I think you get it now. It's a little off topic, but I hope you get my meaning. You can argue it either way.

I meant feel free to argue my points about Asus, sorry.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/24 10:45:32

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 13:17:24 (permalink)
    Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the processing of your orders and for any inconvenience that this may have caused.  I can assure you that our EU team is working on this for you and that the programming error that allowed these orders to be placed was fixed.  I expect that everyone that had their order cancelled will be receiving an additional follow-up contact once our EU office reopens on Monday and once again we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
    post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2015/07/24 13:19:01

Lothar_ab
    Superclocked Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 13:31:22 (permalink)
    I see that more users had same problem as me...that's very sad information :( I hope all victims will get gpu's that fit all their needs as soon as possible.
    Was thinking a bit what could cause that problem and I remember that during placing an order, after successfull paypal payment I received "down for maintenance" evga page.
    Probably order and payment was placed in database but product wasn't properly booked. It was only for redirected hyperlink from paypal , evga page was working fine.

EVGATech_DominikU
    Hi Lothar,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you by placing an order in our store. The issue we had is fixed for now and should not happen in the future again. 
    By the default information the customer support did see it was looking like the orders do get shipped, and customers that are affected got contacted by a seperate person to get those closed asap because of the money involved.
    I am glad you did get your hands on the products with a local partner! Hope you enjoy them and if there is any question or concern with the cards just let us know!

Glad to hear the problem is fixed but very poor availability of evga products + canceled order = in most situation lost customer.
    I know it is very tricky policy for selling "premium" products but it shouldn't last so long. Even with Apple availability problems acts just at the begging, shortly after realeasing new product.
    Evga Europe should really think about some kind of recompense for victims - and I do not mean myself, because I was able to get the cards locally.
    Little preorder that will provide precedence to buy or small discount? I don't know.
    I used to stick with limited brands if like their products but Evga prevents me from that effectively.

To be honest if I won't get this cards from local vendor I'm pretty sure I choose different brand. Gigabyte, Zotac or just wait for Msi Lightning.
    For example I really wanted to buy Evga Platinum 1200w PSU but because there was no chance of getting it anywhere in Europe I remained faithful to Seasonic.

MSim

stalinx20

I have the same impression that Europe customers are treated little worse than us. Still product availability and stupid sales policy has nothing to do with quality of evga products (at least yet).

stalinx20

I had also very bad exeprience with Asus products and for me this brand has too big assortment and they are not able to control it. Even that they have some really nice and outstanding products - but this is only small percent of their assortment.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4,4GHz + Corsair H100i + 4x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Push/Pull + 3x Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 140mm
    MSI Z87 Mpower

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 13:54:16 (permalink)
    @ Lothar,

Stick with what you're more comfortable with. Certain brands fit people's specific needs. I get it. Once you find your nitch, stick with it and go with it.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/24 13:56:03

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Rangur
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 17:11:59 (permalink)
    dr.cobra

24/07/2015
    Dear Mr. M...,

Unfortunately, we can’t ship your online order 6784570.

Order online 6784570 Dear Mrs. ******* ***** (edited out for the quote) are very sorry for what he informed me , especially not told me anything about the error system that my order can not be processed . I remind you that my paypal was duly paid and not reimbursed : It ' the first time I buy a video card on EVGA.eu.com and knowing the note seriousness of the shop I thought I had no problema.Forse I was wrong ? If it not were possible to obviate hope in a prompt refund. Best regards

Dear Mr. M...,

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Your order has been canceled and the amount was refunded.

It seems a little rude to take great care to edit out your own real name on two occasions, but to leave the real name of the employee writing to you open for everyone to see.
    Company employees should also have a right to some degree of privacy and not have their full names stated like this in forum posts, especially as this employee was most
    likely NOT the person responsible for the error in the first place. 
    post edited by Rangur - 2015/07/24 17:14:39
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/24 17:47:58 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    @ Lothar,

Stick with what you're more comfortable with. Certain brands fit people's specific needs. I get it. Once you find your nitch, stick with it and go with it.

Sometimes you have no choice but to switch brands, unless you want to end up with a sub par product.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/25 05:01:56 (permalink)
    MSim
    stalinx20
    @ Lothar,

Sometimes you have no choice but to switch brands, unless you want to end up with a sub par product.

I totally agree with you.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/27 12:12:23 (permalink)
    @ EVGATech_DominikU

@ EVGATech_ChrisB

Beloved, the weekend is over, Monday has passed, no one has contacted me . I think the same happened to others. It would have been nice of EVGA EU offer the possibility of a preorder , the company absolutely no cost , to tell us that they are sincerely sorry for what happened and who absolutely do not want this happening again with us . Despite your suggestions nobody did anything but that , apparently , it happens frequently with the EU subsidiary and that compromises the image of the legendary customer support EVGA . Whoever reads these posts will come of an idea . I just hope that what you 're referring to your colleagues who are not willing, available and delicious as you.
    best regards

P.S. @Rangur
    Sorry for the error due to the quick copy and paste . I proceeded to edit the message .Thanks for letting me and also for the heartfelt sympathy you have shown for what has happened to us .
    best regards to you
    post edited by dr.cobra - 2015/07/27 12:17:06
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/27 13:23:02 (permalink)
    The least they could do is give all customers who had this "error" an ETA on new shipment and allow them to place a preorder if they choose to. That is how you make it up to customers, not just say "were sincerely sorry" and be done with it.

dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/27 14:05:02 (permalink)

I fully agree

post edited by dr.cobra - 2015/07/27 14:07:32
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/27 14:18:26 (permalink)
    I assure you that our German office is working on this for all of the customers affected by this system error and you will be contacted further, if you have not already been contacted. 

dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/28 13:26:13 (permalink)
    Daily updates . German office is still working on this and has not contacted anyone apparently. We're waiting. I think tomorrow will still be working on this and probably will not contact anyone. We're waiting. Next update tomorrow . Bye

dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/29 12:46:14 (permalink)
    Daily updates. After seven days from the event , German office is still working on this and has not contacted anyone apparently . We're waiting . I guess tomorrow will still be working on this and probably will not contact anyone .How much work these poor people . We're waiting. Next update tomorrow . Bye
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/29 19:31:47 (permalink)
    Dear dr. cobra,

I can confirm that emails were sent out just a little bit ago with a status update.  Once again we thank you for your patience and I can confirm that we are working on this case to assist you.

Lothar_ab
    Superclocked Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/29 23:26:08 (permalink)
    Today I received e-mail from evga regarding that case:

Thank you for placing your recent order with us for the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified Graphics Card. 
    We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this order not being able to processed and we assure you that we are doing everything possible to allocate inventory of this product to assist with this order, if it is still needed. 

In order to try and support further we have added 25 EVGA Bucks to your EVGA account, which can be used for a future purchase from the  store.

Once again we thank you for your business and your patience during this process.

Sincerely,
    EVGA Customer Support

I hope the cards will be soon restock and everyone interested will be able to get them.
    Thank you for evga support - I hope in future availability of evga products will be much better, so I can use received evga bucks.

My Classifieds ordered from local supplier are allready waiting for unboxing from Monday - plan to open them on Saturday :)

P.S. I saw that at caseking there was delivery of these cards (there was 15 of them at stock yesterday at 12) and on site there is information that they are on stock - go and grab them.
    post edited by Lothar_ab - 2015/07/29 23:33:13

MSI Z87 Mpower

dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/30 13:50:56 (permalink)
    I am a kind person therefore still grateful for the mail received. Thank even more the moderators of this forum who have spoken on behalf of the matter.
    Is unpleasant to think that without the daily protests of us consumers, always polite and sometimes ironic, without the advice of your legal department who explained that the unilateral termination of a purchase agreement can cause consequences, without reminders of the moderators of this forum thank you publicly for your patience and commitment, this simple email would never come. As for me it came later. My previous video card broke and I waited patiently for was available, the card in question. In the absence of any official information about yesterday I bought a new video card, will not be classified but is a good brand and is cheaper. I'm really sorry that I respect a great brand that has not been able to address the issue well and quickly. See you in July 2016 when it will try to buy a vga GTX 1080 Ti Classified and I will come a new mail: " unfortunately, we can not ship your order online .....". The leopard can not change its spots? We'll know next year.
    Best regards
    Lothar_ab
    Superclocked Member
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/30 14:06:16 (permalink)
    Small update about the case.
    Another e-mail from evga arrived in my mailbox:

A new batch of 4998-KR has reached our warehouse.
    Do you wish to proceed with your recently placed order?

06G-P4-4998-KR              EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+                   2x             =   1650.00 Euro 
    You can chose as well to use the EVGA bucks to partial pay this order.

You can transfer this amount to the following PayPal account: paypaleu@evga.com

Once received, I will re-activate your order and complete it.

I'm verry happy that at least evga support has tried as much as they can to make amends to victims.

MSI Z87 Mpower

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/30 18:45:35 (permalink)
    Dear dr.cobra,

I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way as I can assure you that it is simply not the case.  We were working on this case as soon as it became known of the error and I am very sorry for any inconvenience that was caused.  Here at EVGA we do care for all of our customers and do our very best to make sure that everyone is supported.

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/30 19:23:35 (permalink)
    I would feel very bad to something like that happen me... I would be very angry to read something like that.
    I would felt sad and angry and betrayed in same time after reading something similar.
    Actually similar thing happen to person who bought 780Ti K|NGP|N for me but I didn't read mail from EVGA... only he explain me instead to confirm that card arrive she explain me something similar because they send cards only to end users... OK I get card after 2 weeks... Maybe I should dane same as dr.cobra to go on TITAN Black, but I didn't... Who knows why is that good for him... Maybe god on that way want to say you something and no reason to push further and insist. 
    Now for EVGA 980Ti Classified.... Caseking I think have them on lager.
    Some other German shops offer for 810e but still not available.
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2015/07/30 19:26:34

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

dr.cobra
    Re: First order in EVGA Eu - huge dissapointment. 2015/07/31 13:00:38 (permalink)
    Dear EVGATech_ChrisB
    I thank you again for your interest. Rest of my opinion I have already expressed, but do not worry sorrow is already gone, it's just a simple VGA card, in life the real problems are others. Maybe, if I understand it, as he said Vlada011, that was not destiny and it is useless to insist. .As Mentioned I bought other products EVGA of which are fully satisfied and will continue to do when I want.
    peace and love
    P.S. if the new vga I bought does not satisfy me, I will contact you before buy a KP 80+ to have no problems. I'm joking .
    Goodbye and good luck
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile