EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
AJayTheTech
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/03 00:02:52 (permalink)

So I was checking to see if EK finally released a FullCover (FC) waterblock (WB) for the EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ (04G-P4-3975-KR), because previously, not more than 10 days ago, on the EK Cooling Configurator utility on their website, it stated something along the lines of: "Full Cover Waterblock: We have made plans to manufacture and release this product sometime in the near future, check back with for release date news and details." those are not the exact words but yeah, you get the point.

Now it says as of 3/3/2015 : "Sorry, we have no plans to make any waterblocks for this position. Thank you."

I wouldn't be so angry, but Watercooling my GTX 970 SSC was a part of the future I was truly excited about, and taking seriously, not to mention the fact that I was really looking forward to it. So to be honest, I would have bought a card that was either based on a reference PCB, or a card that already had a FULLCOVER WB for sale that supports the specific GPU model, example: MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G.  (Btw I am not talking about Universal WB's or GPU core only WB's)

Admin or someone please reply, because at one point in time i think I saw an EVGA admin mention/acknowledge the plans that EK was planning on releasing a FC WB for the EVGA GTX 970 SSC (04G-P4-3975-KR)

post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/03/03 04:06:13
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 02:16:05 (permalink)
I suggest you contact EK tech support:

EVGA has no control over EK
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/03/03 04:07:13

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 03:18:12 (permalink)
Calm down, breathe, and check other companies. EVGA does not control EK. I understand you are frustrated, but you should take the inquiry to EKWB and find out why the change.

Ek_Derik and Ek_Luc are also on here quite often and may be able to find out some news for you. It mag be an issue with the already increased supply and demand, as it took a few extra months to get quite a few of the blocks out. If they are unable to meet the demand, they may have scrapped a few designs to save themselves time.

What better line to scrap than the one that everyone started complaining about? The 970 would be the perfect set to scrap, since there are soany people demanding refunds and compensation over the 4gb of memory being split in two pools.
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 03:46:22 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Calm down, breathe, and check other companies. EVGA does not control EK. I understand you are frustrated, but you should take the inquiry to EKWB and find out why the change.

Ek_Derik and Ek_Luc are also on here quite often and may be able to find out some news for you. It mag be an issue with the already increased supply and demand, as it took a few extra months to get quite a few of the blocks out. If they are unable to meet the demand, they may have scrapped a few designs to save themselves time.

What better line to scrap than the one that everyone started complaining about? The 970 would be the perfect set to scrap, since there are soany people demanding refunds and compensation over the 4gb of memory being split in two pools.
Im confused as to why it's anyone else's fault he bought a non reference card? Even then I still wouldn't get mad at EK..,

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 03:48:25 (permalink)
BF3PRO
Im confused as to why it's anyone else's fault he bought a non reference card? Even then I still wouldn't get mad at EK..,

Yes, true. But it is frustrating when you are looking forward to something and it suddenly disappears. Just don't blame someone that has no control over it.
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 08:13:23 (permalink)
Well let me clarify something, it's not anyone elses fault, and I definitely wasn't blaming EVGA, I just know EVGA has worked closely with EK for certain WB's like the recent hydro copper cards for the 980 and 780 Ti and stuff and was wondering if they might've known something. 

Also I was also kinda hoping the status on the cooling config site from EK was updated incorrectly or something as well. :P

Also not really mad at EK either, just frustrated with myself really. I knew just cause it said it was coming on EK's website, didn't make it 100% guaranteed or anything.
I think I got too confident, and was really rolling the dice when I bought this card and considering one of the pro's to buying this card was the eventual release for a FC WB for it.
I'm sure there probably is a workaround, whether it be another WB company, or finding a block that is compatible with my version of the 970, or even just using a Universal WB (doubt it)
 I 'spose I was just frustrated in general.
Plus most WB companies seem to be based in EU, and all around the world, and I know FrozenCPU is having problems or whatever right now, which used to be a good way to get watercooling parts to the united states for parts that at times could have been hard to get ahold of.

But if anyone knows of a Full Cover WB for the GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ let me know, or any info in general Thanks.
I will also try to ask EK as well just to see the response.
EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 09:46:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AJayTheTech 2015/03/05 01:33:01
We previously had the 04G-P4-3975 970 SSC and the 04G-P4-3978 FTW+ as compatible GPU for the 970ACX Waterblock but with the detailed pictures of ericleeee30 we had to announce that those 2 GPU weren't compatible after all. 

When we created the block, we weren't able to have detailed images of those new PCB from EVGA and our first visual information of them were from reviews of the card from JayzTwoCents.

I'm really sorry about the situation and also we currently don't have any future plans to have a block revision to make it compatible with them.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 10:03:52 (permalink)
EK_Luc
We previously had the 04G-P4-3975 970 SSC and the 04G-P4-3978 FTW+ as compatible GPU for the 970ACX Waterblock but with the detailed pictures of ericleeee30 we had to announce that those 2 GPU weren't compatible after all. 

When we created the block, we weren't able to have detailed images of those new PCB from EVGA and our first visual information of them were from reviews of the card from JayzTwoCents.

I'm really sorry about the situation and also we currently don't have any future plans to have a block revision to make it compatible with them.

Sad news but thanks for the info.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 19:14:20 (permalink)
EK_Luc

When we created the block, we wedren't able to have detailed images of those new PCB from EVGA and our first visual information of them were from reviews of the card from JayzTwoCents.

Well Damnnnn

:(
But thanks for the straightforward and honest reply.
Yeah, I guess in this situation w/ you all being "EK", and being one of the best top tier water cooling component companies in the world,  and the fact that you found out about it in the same manner that a standard PC enthusiast consumer (like me) would find about it, can be a bit aggravating. 

When Jay did the video and popped open the card and showed the new cooling features of the GTX 970 SSC, like the new heat-pipe layout and the new "Cooling Plate" for the MosFETs and VRM's. So thanks to the review and breakdown vid Jay made on Youtube is actually one of the main reasons why I bought the card, especially due to all the emphasis on lower temperatures for the GPU core & MosFETs and VRM's. 

But JayztwoCents (#isad!ckHole  (joke fyi)) videos are very good ensight into watercooling, and the video content he provides for us PC & WC Junkies is very impressive and at times, extremely helpful. 

But yeah, thanks for the help :D I'll survive. :P
iNoToRiOuS
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 19:24:37 (permalink)
EK_Luc

Is it confirmed that no other older waterblocks will fit the card?

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 19:26:25 (permalink)
Ajay, think about the thermosphere universal blocks. They are not the same as full cover blocks, but they are some pretty sweet universal blocks, and can at least get you under water.
iNoToRiOuS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 19:29:04 (permalink)
I have a question:

If I were to get the FTW waterblock, and drill out spaces in the acrylic for the capacitors on the FTW +, would it work?

I know the screw holes don't like up exactly, but I think I could macgyver something together.

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2232
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 19:33:51 (permalink)
iNoToRiOuS
I have a question:

If I were to get the FTW waterblock, and drill out spaces in the acrylic for the capacitors on the FTW +, would it work?

I know the screw holes don't like up exactly, but I think I could macgyver something together.

As long as you have a paperclip and some chewing gun, it should work with no problems.

iNoToRiOuS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/03 20:13:46 (permalink)
I'd actually like to hear from EK_Luk.

I have the card and can take detailed photographs of it if he can find an older waterblock that might fit, or if drilling a hole for the capacitors would work.

EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/04 07:26:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AJayTheTech 2015/03/05 01:33:24
iNoToRiOuS
EK_Luc

Yep since there was no compatible block in the 700 series for those type of cards.

iNoToRiOuS
I have a question:

I can't confirm that. You would have to accept to try by yourself.
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 00:49:03 (permalink)
iNoToRiOuS
I have a question:

EK_Luc
iNoToRiOuS
EK_Luc

Yep since there was no compatible block in the 700 series for those type of cards.

iNoToRiOuS
I have a question:

I can't confirm that. You would have to accept to try by yourself.

Hey @iNotorious if you do end up try to mod your 970 to fit with the older FC Waterblock let us know

Because I'd definitely love to see some status updates :DD

And thanks again @EK_Luc for helping out on this thread. Def helped me out.

notfordman
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10345
  • Ribbons : 28
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 01:09:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby AJayTheTech 2015/03/05 01:32:11
This sounds like a project for nateman_doo. Look in his sig for some of his projects. He would more than likely need the card or measurements [if he takes it on]. Either PM him or better yet, e-mail him @ nateman.doo@gmail.com
I just bought a X79 block from him and am very pleased. GL! :) 

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-X99-Waterblock-CLASSY-FTW-MICRO-m2211860.aspx
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 01:28:04 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Ajay, think about the thermosphere universal blocks. They are not the same as full cover blocks, but they are some pretty sweet universal blocks, and can at least get you under water.

Yeah I have thought about Universal blocks, but I haven't looked into them with much depth due to I was in the mindset of Fullcover Watercooling or No waterblock period.
But now I realize that the only way to get my GPU under water would to use a Core only block, (Universal Block). Any suggestions?

I have seen kits that come with a Waterblock for the core and either a rear-exhaust fan type shroud cool the MosFET's and VRMs, for example i think the Corsair HG10 fits the description, but I also think you have to have a reference PCB for the Corsair HG10 soo nvm. :P

But I have also looked at one or two different GPU coolers that offer a Waterblock for the core and a fan-LESS Heat-sink for the remainder of the pcb showing, in turn, making it look more formal and more uniform.  But yet again, it is probably only compatable with reference PCB's(or specifically stated gpu models ) 

One more thing, Check the idea behind this cooling unit: Google Accelero S3 from Arctic, I can't post URLs yet..
The Accelero S3(+) is pretty sick if you ask me, 
  • The Accelero S3 is a cooling unit without any fans mounted to it, completely passive
  • The Accelero S3+ i think means it has some sort of fan mounted to the heat sink. 
  • The Accelero S3 can handle cards up to 135W (Top card compatible is GTX 960 idk why the R9 285 wasn't listed)
  • With adding the "Turbo Module" (which I think is just a fan mount for the heatsink w/ fan(s)) the unit can cool a GTX 680 or 760, and the best performing AMD card it can cool is the R9 280, also notably the 7870 GHz ed.
But if you look at the design photo it reminds me of the cooling plate EVGA has for the new SSC and FTW+ , which was designed to keep temps down on the VRMs and MosFETs. duh

So that brings me to my next and final point which is simple.
In a case with good clean airflow, if I had my GTX 970 SSC with a Universal water block, and the stock "Cooling Plate" which is sandwiched within my card already, I wonder if everything would mount okay, (must avoid ghetto mounting if at all possible), and the cooling plate would make a worthwhile difference because instead of having ACX 2.0+ cooling it, it is just using air straight from the closest intake fan.

Suggestion for Univ. WB? for GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 (3975-KR)
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 01:31:29 (permalink)
notfordman
This sounds like a project for nateman_doo. Look in his sig for some of his projects. He would more than likely need the card or measurements [if he takes it on]. Either PM him or better yet, e-mail him @

Wow, thanks for posting this, lots of interesting stuff he does. Pretty amazing if you ask me :)

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 12:59:24 (permalink)
notfordman
This sounds like a project for nateman_doo. Look in his sig for some of his projects. He would more than likely need the card or measurements [if he takes it on]. Either PM him or better yet, e-mail him @ nateman.doo@gmail.com

Lucky you, I am still on his long list for my Classy.

As far as the water blocks for the GPU Cards I learned back with the 660 cards that you first find the water block and then the Video Card. Or the better way is to buy them with the Water Block Pre-installed. The little extra cost is more then worth, remember that you have to remove the water block and put back on the stock cooler before you can send it in under an RMA or for warranty and even the Step-Up.
I not saying not to get the Video Card that you want you only need to plan for the future.
Not off had but I do remember that some web site also sell the Graphics Cards and have the option to add a water block.
We seen the same with 760 and even the 770 cards, and now with the 970 cards.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 13:23:17 (permalink)
notfordman

LOL, It sounds like were calling in Superman.....

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
Hillguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1320
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 13:34:10 (permalink)
Whenever planning to watercool anything always buy the waterblock at the same time as the Video Card or Motherboard , if you wait 1 day they could be gone and never produced again.   

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
paulmaddy1
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 16:37:13 (permalink)
On ek cooling config Compatibility list for EK-FC970 GTX ACX it shows you can use EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 (04G-P4-2975) is that ok to use with the block.
EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 16:47:15 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
On ek cooling config Compatibility list for EK-FC970 GTX ACX it shows you can use EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 (04G-P4-2975) is that ok to use with the block.

The 04G-P4-2975 yes but the 04G-P4-3975 no
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/05 17:06:18 (permalink)
EK_Luc
paulmaddy1

The 04G-P4-2975 yes but the 04G-P4-3975 no

Naming schemes these days :P 
cunmaryesther
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/26 17:51:38 (permalink)
Is there no other waterblock manufacturer on the planet besides EK?  Has any other company decided to build one?
AJayTheTech
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/03/26 19:08:47 (permalink)
Yes I have, Koolance, Primochill, swiftech all don't have any Full Covers. Alphacool has one but it is a hybrid, with a passive heatsink for the VRAM and Mosfets, and imo isn't very aesthetically pleasing. 
I don't think I have checked XSPC's website.. but I doubt it...
I'm going to check all the water cooling company sites again because I haven't checked in a couple of weeks. If I find one I'll be sure to post it here.

Khalvarik
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/05/02 13:16:44 (permalink)
I guess it's time to get rid of my 
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ 4GB since no waterblock will fit, so sad this is!!
DharkLord
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/05/04 08:11:16 (permalink)
Yeah, i tried to sli a 2975 to a 3975, and ultimately they're taking my 2975 and upgrading it to a 3975, but after seeing all this, i'd actually rather get my 3975 downgraded :/
thelawlessness
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA HELP!! NO MORE EK-FCWB plans for FOR EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+?!?!?!?!?! 2015/05/08 08:47:29 (permalink)
I was also someone who bought this card because EK said the block would fit. EVGA and EK both are dropping the ball with this one. False advertising twice on one product. What a waste of $350.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile