EVGA

EVGA 970 GTX and HAF-X case

Author
Tom Sawyer
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/26 05:21:20 (permalink)
Finally managed to lay to rest my old 550ti.  So I take my full tower case and decide to a do full vacuum and clean up while removing the old 550 TI.  Got the water cooling components cleaned up and tightened. Made sure all the cables are clean and nicely packed under the sliding box at the bottom.  Get the 2 6 pin power supplies out. Mount the new 970 GTX and plug in the 6 pins on the side.

ON THE SIDE??!!!  I place the side panel with its side fan and SHROUD up against the case.

Yep the new card power slots are RIGHT WHERE The shrouds are >.>  Not going to work with those looping out a bit.

Mumble mumble grumble I reopen the sliding box wire hider and get some more cable free. I then managed to route the power lines up and around so that don't hit the shroud or get pinched. Carefully lock the side door and looking I can see its a tight fit but nothing is jammed. Still odd to have those plugs there.

Firing up the beast and running some tests however show the truth. Well worth the money and wait. Mech Warrior Online, Far Cry 4 (woot freebee) and Witcher 2 at max resolution with no tearing or stutter.

Now to see if I can squirrel some more cash away and get a new 27" 120hz monitor to replace my current 22" 60hz.  Time to go bribe the wife :)

1 Reply Related Threads

FluffyZack
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 114
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 970 GTX and HAF-X case 2014/11/26 07:36:58 (permalink)
    Oh boy I wonder how you will bribe her...

sry
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile