PLAYSTATION 4

Author
KEVRAY
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 269
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/04/13 01:43:56 (permalink)
Just a few more quid and i can purchase one of these gaming consoles, pc is my favourite but i am so tired of last years games, there is nothing that interests me on the pc at the moment except bf4 but i am growing weary of this bf4 game. So, i have Metal Gear Solid five Ground Zeroes, Killzone Shadow Fall, and by the time i purchase the PS4 i shall have The Last Of Us remastered, also i'm looking forward to seeing user reviews on Ubisoft's watch dogs that might be a great game on the pc by the looks of things. But still, for me, nothing much on the pc, maybe the latter of 2014?.

Windows 10 64-bit. Maximus 8 Hero. i5-6600k @3.5-3.9GHz. 2X4GB 2133MHz. SSD. NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE. G-SYNC 1920x1080 144Hz. Scarlett 2i2. HX 1000i.

29 Replies Related Threads

toyking22
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1169
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 01:58:49 (permalink)
    i got call of duty ghosts for it for 10$, and i got theft witch is fun, and need for speed (what ever this time). its fun now and then wish the game i want will come out for it tho :(

Cpu= I7-9700k
    Cpu cooler= Nzxt Kraken x62
    GPU= Evga Hybrid 2080 ti
    Motherboard= Asus Prime Z390 a (dont recommend)
    Ram=G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB
    Ssd/Hdd Samsung 970 pro 2T / Intel 660 1t
    Monitor= Gigabyte M28U 144Hz 28" 4K
    Power Supply= EVGA SuperNOVA 850 PQ 
    boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    • Total Posts : 19181
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 10:42:48 (permalink)
    Playstation 4 is a waste for me, since I have no interest in JRPGs.  Aside from that genre, there are the games you listed.  MGS5 is playing catch up to the advancements seen in games like Deus Ex (both the original and Human Revolution), as well as the Thief franchise.  Even then, it has yet to catch up fully.  Ground Zeroes is an improvement over the originals for sure, it's much more open, but on the downside they've dumbed it down quite a bit and it's still plagued with console inferiority like contextual lockpicking.  Not to mention it's a horrible value, $20-30 for a prologue that has maybe 5 hours of inferior content lol.

Killzone is slightly better and more divergent than your average FPS (Battlefield/CoD), but still doesn't come close on the competitive or tactical side compared to other shooters.  There's still not much to it, it doesn't do much to encourage teamwork or challenge your brain.  Natural Selection 2 is the best multiplayer shooter when it comes to teamwork and strategy, it encourages them like no other, it has far more gameplay diversity, and it's still several shades more complex and above Killzone and pretty much every other MP shooter.

The Last of Us is too primitive and dated, relying on overly linear level design and gameplay mechanics from the stone age.  And like the other games listed here, it's too casualized.  I'm not a fan of casual gaming so I'm not a fan of anything within the last 6 or 7 years on console really.  This game has terrible stealth mechanics, such inferior survival mechanics, and inferior storytelling since it just tries to mimic a movie.  It boils down to just this formula: generic linear action sequence -> cutscene -> generic linear action sequence -> rinse repeat.  It gets really old and repetitive in such a short amount of time.  

Watch Dogs was made for PC first, so if you're going to get it, get the PC version.  For me, there's nothing on consoles that deserves my attention.  There are PC games or multiplatform games that do everything that those games do and much more, and that do it all better.  Deus Ex: HR is like a much more mature, less repetitive, more smartly designed MGS game plus RPG elements to add more gameplay diversity and make the story interactive.  Killzone is just another shooter, The Last of Us is just another wannabe film.  Metro 2033 and Last Light annihilate The Last of Us from a gameplay standpoint, and have a more complex story as well.  GTA V is the strongest claim consoles currently have, and I'm sure it will be on PC in a few months, and I'm not a huge fan of GTA anyway.  
    post edited by boredgunner - 2014/04/13 10:47:08

sinned.
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 1337
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 11:08:11 (permalink)
    I got a couple PS4s just  for Gran Turismo when it comes out. My daughter enjoys LBP so hopefully LBP3 will come out soon. For now I have been playing NFS Rivals and I will probably do Project Cars when it drops. I dont play anything but racing games on console so thats my 2 cents...

Origin: EGCsinned
    Steam: sinned1971
    uPlay: EGCsinned
    Battlenet: EGCsinned#1652
    My Affiliate Code: TL7WS6008R

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 12:02:26 (permalink)
    sinned.
    I got a couple PS4s just  for Gran Turismo when it comes out. My daughter enjoys LBP so hopefully LBP3 will come out soon. For now I have been playing NFS Rivals and I will probably do Project Cars when it drops. I dont play anything but racing games on console so thats my 2 cents...

Yeah Forza and Gran Turismo were solid claims by console, but that seems like it will be going out the window once Assetto Corsa and Project C.A.R.S. come out.  They look like they'll offer most of what GT/Forza offer, at the same time being way more realistic and offering things only racing simulators have.

Pwnykins
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 157
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 12:23:10 (permalink)
    I think getting the system is actually worth a buy.

I bought it on release and while the game selection was very limited and I rarely played it, it has substantially gotten better.
    Not only that but if you read Kotaku.com for their "Daily Deals" article, you can find Console/PC games on sale just about ALL the time.

I know Target was having a buy 2 get 1 free deal recently and that's not the first time I've seen stuff like that. 

Intel i7-5930K
    SLI EVGA GTX 980ti Classifieds
    Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 Motherboard
    Corsair 750D with Corsair H100i 
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    240GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    1TB Western Digital Black 7200RPM 64MB cache
    2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB cache
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2660
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/13 12:49:19 (permalink)
    Have had mine since launch day and still could not be happier. Fantastic system. Infamous Second Son is awesome. And next month. MLB The Show 2014. Going to be epic and still the best baseball franchise to ever exist. I personally have never played TLOU. I almost bought a PS3 just to play that game. I held off hoping it was coming to PS4 and it is. In all of its glory the way it was intended to be. Really excited for it! Current Metal Gear is another story. Worst thing gamers can do is buy it. You are paying for a demo. And that sends the wrong message to devs. if sales take off. It will be acceptable to them. Watch the speed run. People can finish it with in 10-15 mins.
    post edited by FattysGoneWild - 2014/04/13 12:52:56

HP Omen 880-160se custom ordered
    MOBO: HP Tampa2
    CPU: Intel i7 8700k @4.8GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400
    GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080
    PSU: Delta 750w 80 Plus Platinum 
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 512GB MZVLW512HMJP
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO
    HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
    Sound: Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
    Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display
    Keyboard: HP Omen 1100
    Mouse: HP Omen 600

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/20 23:36:04 (permalink)
    I guess it all depends on what type of game a gamer enjoys playing, sadly there is little on the pc that interests me right now, sad times really but i'm sure Watch Dogs will be a great sci-fi action game on the pc?. Credit where credit is due as i always say and Killzone Shadow Fall is a great sci-fi game, great animations - textures and gameplay, i enjoyed Crysis 3 on the pc but the HUD in Crysis 3 ruined the look for me personally, the Killzone SF devs now how to make a great unobtrusive heads up display. Metal Gear Solid five Ground Zeroes is in a league of its own, you either like it or you don't, nothing on the pc matches what MGS V GZ offers, Splinter Cell is probably the closest but it misses the mark for me in a lot of areas, in fact MGS V The Phantom Pain is the only game i am looking forward to in anticipation after playing the excellent Ground Zeroes, yeah it is short but man does it deliver many things i enjoy about sneaking around in missions. So looking forward to The Last Of Us. Such a shame some games never will appear on the windows platform.

Windows 10 64-bit. Maximus 8 Hero. i5-6600k @3.5-3.9GHz. 2X4GB 2133MHz. SSD. NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE. G-SYNC 1920x1080 144Hz. Scarlett 2i2. HX 1000i.
    KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/20 23:39:35 (permalink)
    boredgunnerWatch Dogs was made for PC first.
    That's what they all say, Watch Dogs is a console game that has had development on going for pc specific features from nvidia. I am looking forward to the game though.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/20 23:47:15 (permalink)
    boredgunnerMGS5 is playing catch up to the advancements seen in games like Deus Ex both the original and Human Revolution.
    You see this is where gamers like myself will simply agree to disagree, to be honest i never really liked the first game, i played approx one hour of Human Revolution and i did not like the game, and i payed about £35 for it. For me personally Metal Gear Solid five Ground Zeroes is leagues ahead of anything out there on the pc as far as tactical espionage operations go anyway. The Fox Engine is superb, can only hope that Hideo Kojima can persuade konami to release a pc version of GZ and The Phantom Pain. The Phantom Pain is going to be awesome for me personally.

Killzone Shadow Fall cost me £19.99

post edited by KEVRAY - 2014/04/21 00:43:44

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 00:53:02 (permalink)
    FattysGoneWildI personally have never played TLOU. I almost bought a PS3 just to play that game. I held off hoping it was coming to PS4 and it is.
    Yep superb, ND are very good game devs. Looking forward to this game personally.

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 10:15:49 (permalink)
    KEVRAY
    boredgunnerMGS5 is playing catch up to the advancements seen in games like Deus Ex both the original and Human Revolution.
    You see this is where gamers like myself will simply agree to disagree, to be honest i never really liked the first game, i played approx one hour of Human Revolution and i did not like the game, and i payed about £35 for it. For me personally Metal Gear Solid five Ground Zeroes is leagues ahead of anything out there on the pc as far as tactical espionage operations go anyway. The Fox Engine is superb, can only hope that Hideo Kojima can persuade konami to release a pc version of GZ and The Phantom Pain. The Phantom Pain is going to be awesome for me personally.

Not liking is subjective, you're right.  But from an objective standpoint, MGS is much more simplified.  The ambition and advancement behind a game is not determined by how much you like the game.  MGS5 is clearly playing catchup, it's the first game that's not just a linear corridor game.  It actually is quite open, but on the downside, AI is far more forgiving than ever before.  Contextual lockpicking on only a few specified doors, vs Deus Ex which has the openness of a PC game letting you hack almost any locked door you come across.  Deus Ex uses RPG elements for superior storytelling; rather than just watching a movie play out, Deus Ex Human Revolution incorporates player choice so that the story is suited to the player.  These RPG elements also add much more gameplay complexity and variety, vs MGS5's straightforward shooter mechanics.

MGS5 even removes things from the previous games.  No more magazines for distracting enemies, they removed the more challenging healing system present in MGS3 and replaced it with auto health regen.  They removed the stamina system for crying out loud.  It's like this game was designed for brain damaged people.  Deus Ex doesn't have auto health regen, and rather than relying on a single inventory item for distracting enemies, you can pick up virtually any object and use them as distraction or use them to build your own path to somewhere.  

These two franchises really show the difference between console and PC gaming.  MGS wants to deliver a more film-like experience, except with some straightforward, casual playable portions that just consist of the player moving forward to complete their objective.  Deus Ex on the other hand aims to be a more complex game and create a highly detailed and immersive world.  You can spend hours in Deus Ex hubs exploring, always finding new side quests, immersing yourself in the lore and bettering your knowledge of the world, interacting with NPCs.  

When playing Deus Ex, the player is encouraged to be creative in how they play, explore, interact with the world, witness how people react to your progress and how dialogue changes, these games let the player exercise some degree of freedom while at the same time they tell a story that is partially shaped by the player.  Opposed to MGS which just comprises of moving forward through the game killing or incapacitating people in a rather straightforward manner, on video game maps that are lacking in detail, without any sort of memorable atmosphere due to their linear straightforward nature (the latter will be changing in MGS5), and merely awaiting the next cutscene.  MGS5 is playing catchup, they now want to add some degree of exploration.  We'll see how well that is implemented when The Phantom Pain comes out.  Though even with open world gameplay, it's still not very ambitious.

I do find it funny that you've declared already that The Phantom Pain will be awesome for you.  It's not out yet, so I wouldn't judge it.  A console exclusive engine is just not going to be very impressive to me, a PC gaming enthusiast.

KEVRAY
    I guess it all depends on what type of game a gamer enjoys playing, sadly there is little on the pc that interests me right now, sad times really but i'm sure Watch Dogs will be a great sci-fi action game on the pc?. Credit where credit is due as i always say and Killzone Shadow Fall is a great sci-fi game, great animations - textures and gameplay, i enjoyed Crysis 3 on the pc but the HUD in Crysis 3 ruined the look for me personally, the Killzone SF devs now how to make a great unobtrusive heads up display. Metal Gear Solid five Ground Zeroes is in a league of its own, you either like it or you don't, nothing on the pc matches what MGS V GZ offers, Splinter Cell is probably the closest but it misses the mark for me in a lot of areas, in fact MGS V The Phantom Pain is the only game i am looking forward to in anticipation after playing the excellent Ground Zeroes, yeah it is short but man does it deliver many things i enjoy about sneaking around in missions. So looking forward to The Last Of Us. Such a shame some games never will appear on the windows platform.

Your first sentence is correct.  If you want a game that holds your hand, is very simple and requires little to no thought, consoles are for you.  If you want a more open, interactive, complex, and challenging game with more gamplay variety, you should only be playing PC games.  This is very evident when comparing console titles like Killzone SF and MGS/Splinter Cell, to PC-focused titles like Natural Selection 2 and Deus Ex respectively.  It's no secret that console games are designed so that their biggest market, preteens and young teenage gamers, can play them.

How is MGS5 in a league of its own lol?  Just because you like it immensely for reasons you can't even specify?  You have to be objective when making claims like that.  Can you list any actual reasons?  The rest of my post above describes how it is the mechanically simpler game, using less ambitious storytelling methods, with much more simple and straightforward gameplay design.  It might be in a league of its own on console, since compared to Splinter Cell and previous MGS games it is actually somewhat open.  But MGS and Naughty Dog game showcase console limitations all too much, I may have been impressed by The Last of Us when I was 13 years old but now I demand a bit too much from games to be impressed by it.
    post edited by boredgunner - 2014/04/21 11:07:26

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 13:08:00 (permalink)
    boredgunnerYour first sentence is correct.  If you want a game that holds your hand, is very simple and requires little to no thought, consoles are for you.
    You sound like a bored gunner.

MADOGRE
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1262
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 14:01:55 (permalink)
    My PS4 has been played maybe 5 hours and I got it Christmas, where are the new fun games!
    ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3429
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 14:05:14 (permalink)
    Oh NOOOO another convert through market manipulation Well, I'm hoping Steam OS some how revolutionizes.

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 14:13:09 (permalink)
    KEVRAY

You sound like a bored gunner.

Nothing to say?  I was somewhat curious to hear your side of the story.

MADOGRE
    My PS4 has been played maybe 5 hours and I got it Christmas, where are the new fun games!

On PC.

ILikeBeans
    Oh NOOOO another convert through market manipulation  Well, I'm hoping Steam OS some how revolutionizes.

They need better Linux/SteamOS support from game studios, and they need to market those $500 Steam machines better.  Through better marketing they need to educate and reform those poor helpless console gamers who don't know any better.
    post edited by boredgunner - 2014/04/21 14:37:59

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 23:29:28 (permalink)
    boredgunnerI was somewhat curious to hear your side of the story.
    No story to tell, i play games for the fun factor, you know, some light entertainment, i don't really care what platform the game is on, if it entertains me then that's what counts, i don't take games that seriously. I get a buzz out of building pc's, i don't normally go SLI, i had the opportunity to do so but i don't think i would do it again. If the games that i mentioned were on pc then i would of purchased them for that platform, but as you know, there are console exclusive titles only, nothing i can do about that. Gamers who purchased the new gen consoles at release are now waiting for the next game to arrive, i purchased at a time when i know there will be games that will keep me entertained for a short while, and as for the pc?, well i can't find anything that interests me. I got one game on my pc and that is battlefield 4, but just like the early adopters of the ps4 i am now waiting for a new pc game and that will most likely be Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, or maybe i'll purchase the PS4 version?.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 23:32:21 (permalink)
    MADOGRE

I spent a small fortune on my pc, it all depends on what entertains you, there is nothing on the pc right now for me, it's often like this.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 23:38:10 (permalink)
    ILikeBeans
    Oh NOOOO another convert through market manipulation .
    You could say the same about my EVGA 780's, but at least i'm having fun, that's what counts.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/21 23:41:07 (permalink)
    MADOGREwhere are the new fun games.

boredgunnerOn PC.
    Not for everyone though

boredgunner
    Over 9000!
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/22 10:05:47 (permalink)
    KEVRAY
    MADOGREwhere are the new fun games.

boredgunnerOn PC.
    Not for everyone though

You need to heed my recommendations.  I help people.  

MmmmmisterCrow
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1655
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/22 11:18:32 (permalink)
    I have a recommendation... quit post whoring Kevray!  There's no need to make 5 posts when you could just edit 1.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/23 00:02:52 (permalink)
    boredgunnerYou need to heed my recommendations.
    Not really, you come over as a bit of a dolt like crow below.

MmmmmisterCrow
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1655
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/23 08:32:44 (permalink)
    KEVRAY
    boredgunnerYou need to heed my recommendations.
    Not really, you come over as a bit of a dolt like crow below.

I'm above you genius.

cisco0623
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1254
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/23 19:10:03 (permalink)
    I got the ps4, I love it. I have the ps3 and really didn't intend to update day one if at all, but Sony got it right. 7 million + ps4 owners after 5 months cant be wrong. Decent early game offerings and I enjoy many of their first party titles. PS+ is a great value as well.

Its hard to really compare PC vs console. They overlap, but also offer different things.  I cannot play an FPS on a controller, I need the mouse/keyboard. Yet a "platformer" is perfect on a controller. I think if one can afford it get whatever they enjoy. My original plan was to go PC and Nintendo only (that does cover a TON of genres). Most people are on a budget which means they will pick a console over the PC any day, they also tend to like the simpler games as well. In the end its all gaming!

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/25 00:42:28 (permalink)
    MmmmmisterCrowI'm above you genius.
    But your post/reply was below boredgunners. Anyway moving on no need for all of us to use derogatory comments (like some of the ones in boredgunner's posts), also just for for you MmmmmisterCrow i'm not on a quest for post count. I'm just a gamer giving some input about gaming on different platforms like the PS4 and the lack of PC games that i would personally find entertaining at the moment.

KEVRAY
    iCX Member
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/25 01:13:00 (permalink)
    boredgunnerHow is MGS5 in a league of its own lol?  Just because you like it immensely for reasons you can't even specify?  You have to be objective when making claims like that.  Can you list any actual reasons?  The rest of my post above describes how it is the mechanically simpler game, using less ambitious storytelling methods, with much more simple and straightforward gameplay design.  It might be in a league of its own on console, since compared to Splinter Cell and previous MGS games it is actually somewhat open.  But MGS and Naughty Dog game showcase console limitations all too much, I may have been impressed by The Last of Us when I was 13 years old but now I demand a bit too much from games to be impressed by it.
    perhaps i should of stated that mgs5:gz gives me the sense of stealth gameplay that other games can't, each game has its own style, sure, from my own perspective there is not one game on any platform that i have played that i can honestly say has everything that i like, but then again no publisher or game developer is making a game for any one individual taste. I commented in a previous post about DX:Human Revolution and stated that i didn't complete the whole game, well i didn't, i liked some things about the game but not everything and i didn't return to the game to finish it, i lost interest like i have with battlefield 4 mp and single player, in fact i have lost interest in bf4 mp i haven't even touched the mp just not interested, i was only interested in bf2, bad company 2, bf3 and bf4 i just lost interest, sure i like first person shooters but bf4 is just like call of duty, just a bit of a short sharp blast em ups. I like the slow sneaking type of games but i do prefer the third person perspective, i think ground zeroes has great smooth transitions with the character model you move about when sneaking about camp omega, i like the open approach to the mission and i am not limited to any one particular set path or route nor do i have to engage in full combat if i choose to not do so, i'm not saying ground zeroes is better than any other game out there i'm saying i enjoy what it has to offer for such a short game or demonstration of what kojima productions will offer in the phantom pain, i can tell you that that there is not even one game i have played that hits right on the money for me personally, i would have to design and make my own personal game to attain that, and that's not gonna happen, i take what others make. But, when it comes down to it, and for me personally games are just games, a bit of light entertainment, many games i don't like, period, some games have great features etc but none are perfect, but i expect that though. I don't care how simple a game is if it entertains it entertains, games are not rocket science, games are just simple forms of entertainment for many, yeah there are competitive players who make a living out of it, but mainstream is simple entertainment, that's the way i see it anyway. You state that you "demand a bit too much from games to be impressed by it", but what you're stating is a moot point because it's all subjective, and peoples taste in things differ and differ greatly sometimes, there is no one size fits all, most are aware of that. ArmA 3 is probably the only game i can think of that would cater to the older person but even that would be subjective to the end user. Not sure what to say really other than game on and enjoy what you can enjoy.

post edited by KEVRAY - 2014/04/25 01:20:28

ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6130
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/25 08:31:08 (permalink)
    Why do you have to make multiple posts in a row every time? There is a thing called the edit button just so you know.

burts
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 606
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/26 10:16:36 (permalink)
    I recently fixed my broken ps3(broke for 2 years)to buy and play last of us which I played twice in a row...Probably because im a zombie fan and loved the game and story and graphics so much...

I also played metal gear solid 4 which i owned but never played for many years....Needless to say it was a struggle...I got half way done and quit because of the incredible boring and numerous cut scenes which ruins the game...

Id buy a ps4 myself but I feel all gamers should boy cott the industry for charging monthly fees.....
    I'll be sticking to my wii u and pc and my half dead ps3

Im surprised everybody eats the monthly fees, im very casual why would I pay monthly fees if i only play the console couple times a month?

Evga X58 Classified Part Number: 141-BL-E759-A1
    Intel i920/4ghz True120
    3 OCZ PC3 12800 7-7-7@1.65v 2gb
    Asus 770..OC/SoundBlaster Recon Fatality
    Xfx psu xts
    Mushkin Chronos 120gb SSD
    Windows 10 64 Bit
    Cosmos S
    Samsung s27b970d Series 9(1440p)
    Dooms87
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1020
    Re: PLAYSTATION 4 2014/04/27 08:22:16 (permalink)
    burts
    I recently fixed my broken ps3(broke for 2 years)to buy and play last of us which I played twice in a row...Probably because im a zombie fan and loved the game and story and graphics so much...

I also played metal gear solid 4 which i owned but never played for many years....Needless to say it was a struggle...I got half way done and quit because of the incredible boring and numerous cut scenes which ruins the game...

Id buy a ps4 myself but I feel all gamers should boy cott the industry for charging monthly fees.....
    I'll be sticking to my wii u and pc and my half dead ps3

Im surprised everybody eats the monthly fees, im very casual why would I pay monthly fees if i only play the console couple times a month?

You're confusing Microsoft for Sony with how they handle their online. M$ has always had a fee just to access and play games you couldn't even use apps without Gold for years. Playstation+ is only required for PS4 online play and that's it. PS+ is not required for PSP/Vita/PS3 nothing but PS4 online and it pays for itself with the heavy discounts and insane amount of free games they just give you. Sony Assumes if you're getting a PS4 you're already invested in the Sony ecosystem so its not a bad thing as far as i'm concerned. Also PS+ is ALWAYS on sale  I've never paid the full 50 dollars and I've had it since year 1. I'll give you a great example I purchased a PS Vita Soley for Remote play with my PS4. I own exactly 1 game that i paid for Killzone for 75% off thxs PS+ 39.99<9.99, I also own 20 something other games that Sony just gave me for being a member of PS+. Hell all the free games they gave on PS3 is the main reason Microsoft was shamed into creating Games for gold which is a total joke in comparison (old non relevant games/only 2 games vs 6-8 a month)
    post edited by Dooms87 - 2014/04/27 09:36:32

NZXT Phantom 630 - Asus P6X58D-E - EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb  - Intel I7 930 2.8 Ghz OC @ 4.0Ghz - H80 
    Corsair HX1000W - Corsair 12gb DD3 Dominator ram 1600 - Intel 80 gig X25m SSD -
    Samsung 500g HDD -Logitech G15 - Logitech G9X -Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile