EVGA

Any plans for Hadron revisions?

Author
tennobanzai
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/03/12 11:14:38 (permalink)
Just wondering if EVGA is planning on making a revision to the case. IMO this case is perfect with two exceptions.

1. The rear panel for the watercooling kit shouldn't be there on the Hadron air. A fan would be a much better solution.

2. The PSU fan seems like the biggest complaint. Any plans for a better fan?

15 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/03/12 12:52:11 (permalink)
    3. Paint EVERYTHING on the inside of the case.
    4. Optional back case feet.

erick.mendes
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 124
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/03/13 08:22:30 (permalink)
    Agree with 1, 2 and 3...
    I pass on 4.

One thing you guys (EVGA) should consider is making a better side window stick... The "Hadron" stick is really crap...

cougar qbx | i5 6600k | gtx 1060
    EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/03/16 02:45:13 (permalink)
    No major revisions actively in the works right now but certainly all feedback has been taken into consideration for future.

Pschiiit
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/03/16 06:18:16 (permalink)
    A complete paint would be nice, first case so I think its normal but for the futur to have a nice high end product.

Maybe add 2 intake fans at the bottom and make the PSU with vents at the bottom so while sitting on the intake fans, it perfomed passively. That be nice for the air flow of the case and. better cooling for the psu( 40mm fans don't cool much).

But I really like the concept of that case, i think it's a good job and hope for GPU to not grow in lenght with time :)!
    Dedaciai
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/03/18 16:50:58 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    No major revisions actively in the works right now but certainly all feedback has been taken into consideration for future.

Hi JacobF, 

If not any major revisions, some minor ones would go a long way to making this case the best d@m^ mITX case out there. 

1.  Fix the noise/pitch on the PSU fan
    2.  Allow for removal of the HDD cage
    3.  Have the complete interior painted black
    4. Make the USB 3.0 Header black and sleeve the cables
    5.  Add a rubber bumper thingy to the front raised legs on the bottom of the case like on the back. I've had to put the case on an old mouse pad because it was scratching my desk.
    6. Instead of a mounts for pump/res on the Hadron Air make it a place to mount a fan (as stated above)
    7. Get rid of the 4 molex power cables and make it 2 SATA power and 2 Molex for a total of 4 Sata and 2 Molex 
    8. Include a really nice frosted window 'Hadron' sticker (as stated above)

All of these can be done without changing the form factor of the case. If even half of these are done (especially the PSU thing) I'd buy the case again. 

Thanks again and I look forward to the EVGA Hadron Air mITX case 1.1 or would it be 2.0? 

Dedaciai

Intel Core 4770K @4.25GHz
    Asus Maximus VI Impact    
    Crucial MX200 M.2 SSD 512GB
    EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra
    Corsair Vengance PRO RAM 16GB @ 2400MHz
    DAN CASE A4
    ThermoCool Copper CPU Cooler
    Corsair SF600 Watt PSU

FalconX79Dark
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 216
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/07 19:10:39 (permalink)
    *the USB 3.0 cable is too short.  Add an inch
    *USB 3.0 cables are very stiff
    *Cut out behind MB
    *Increase cut out beside audio jacks.  Opening should be large enough to attach the audio connector through the cut out.
    *Braided sata cables would be nice.  Most of the cables in the case were too rigid.
    *Case is far too over engineered.  Prefer tool less panels like Caselabs that snap off.
    *Would be perfect if the entire top panel including fans came off the case for easy access.
    *Better quality PWM fans.
    *separate bracket for DVD in case someone wants to remove HDD cage
    *ability to attach SSD to the back of the case.
    *new closed loop radiator
    *ability to fit corsair rad in the hydro air
    *Use 12mm fans to allow more clearance
    *Use fans designed for higher static pressure.
    *Sell a mod lighting kit.
    *would like to buy high end EVGA case fans sold as an accessory.

post edited by FalconX79Dark - 2014/04/07 19:37:53

EVGA X79 Dark/EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper in SLI/Caselabs Black Magnum M8/Lamptron FC5 V3 Fan Control/I7-4930K/ Raystorm Copper CPU block/Twin D5 vario pumps with Dual Bay Reservoir/XSPC glass Photon Tube Reservoir 270mm/AX Triple Radiator/32 Gb G.Skill DDR3-2400 CL10-12-12-31/ Samsung 850 Pro 2 Tb/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Power Supply/Win 10 64/ ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR 27" G-SYNC 165Hz Gaming Monitor 2560x1440, 1ms, 1,000:1| EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 Sound Card/Razer Nommo Pro 2.1 THX-certified speakers/Razer Tiamat True 7.1 gaming headset.

HiTechObsessed
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/08 08:26:19 (permalink)
    I don't see what the fuss is over the unpainted parts of the case. I have my Hadron setup, and you can't see the slightest bit on unpainted surface - AT ALL. It is completely idiotic to complain about that. If you could see it, fine, but you can't.

My changes I would have liked in this case would be:
    1. CPU Cooler cutout
    2. Make it .5" wider for cable management behind the tray
    3. Dust filters on bottom and front (Even if you need to unscrew to get to them)
    4. Blacked out all internal cables. The sleeving on the wires now is pointless, and the front panel connectors really take away from the beauty of the black interior
    5. Make the USB 3.0 cable at least an inch or two longer! It literally doesn't even reach on my Gigabyte Z87N motherboard.
    Other than that, I love it. I modded the cabling and got some custom sleeved white cables for a white/black build, and it came together very well :) There is JUST enough space under the motherboard to run the individually braided 24-pin connector, when the wires are flattened out and taped down.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/08 09:52:36 (permalink)
    HiTechObsessed
    I don't see what the fuss is over the unpainted parts of the case. I have my Hadron setup, and you can't see the slightest bit on unpainted surface - AT ALL. It is completely idiotic to complain about that. If you could see it, fine, but you can't.

My changes I would have liked in this case would be:
    1. CPU Cooler cutout
    2. Make it .5" wider for cable management behind the tray
    3. Dust filters on bottom and front (Even if you need to unscrew to get to them)
    4. Blacked out all internal cables. The sleeving on the wires now is pointless, and the front panel connectors really take away from the beauty of the black interior
    5. Make the USB 3.0 cable at least an inch or two longer! It literally doesn't even reach on my Gigabyte Z87N motherboard.
    Other than that, I love it. I modded the cabling and got some custom sleeved white cables for a white/black build, and it came together very well :) There is JUST enough space under the motherboard to run the individually braided 24-pin connector, when the wires are flattened out and taped down.

How is it idiotic to complain about poor paint job. It's easy to tell EVGA cut corners on it. The product manager for this case failed do his homework. It's not 2004 where people don't care about the paint job on the inside of a case. Do you see Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair or Lian Li cutting corners on the paint job like what you see on the Hadron.

HiTechObsessed
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/09 09:22:10 (permalink)
    Again, what's the problem with parts unpainted when you cannot see any part of it when parts are installed? It's essentially pointless for them to paint those parts.
    rexob4485
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/09 11:39:36 (permalink)
    MSimHow is it idiotic to complain about poor paint job. It's easy to tell EVGA cut corners on it. The product manager for this case failed do his homework. It's not 2004 where people don't care about the paint job on the inside of a case. Do you see Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair or Lian Li cutting corners on the paint job like what you see on the Hadron.

While I agree the companies you mentioned did not cut corners on paint I only see when working in the case - I will also say I do NOT like any of their cases as much as the Hadron either.  I've used a variety of Lian-Li, BitFenix, and Antec Mini-itx cases now, none are as neatly compact as the Hadron or offer as many options for multiple HDD and an optical if desired.  The Hadron is incredibly compact, small enough it fits behind my Dell 24" monitor and I cannot see it at all.  If all you can complain about is the paint, you need a new hobby.
    yoryocor
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/10 11:09:36 (permalink)
    Bottom fans and dust filters. Put some air in there! SFX psu.
    zstormz
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/17 21:16:40 (permalink)
    PLEASE don't do anything to fkup the design it's perfect, I have never seem such a perfect itx case like this b4. but like u said no major revision just the small detail that count.

1. paint the full  dam case seem like u guys ran out of money for paint lol.
    2. make all the cable black or sleeve them.
    3. put some hole under the power supply with dust filter and change the stand.

that's all u need to make this case PERFECT.
    ilukeberry
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 253
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/21 05:47:16 (permalink)
    1. make all cables sleeved.
    2. PSU is good... just the cooling is too loud.. maybe use two/three 40x40 high quality fans and run them at lower speeds.
    3. paint all the case black.
    4. dust filters in the bottom.
    post edited by ilukeberry - 2014/04/21 05:55:32

Intel i9 13900KS | EVGA Z790 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 4x16GB 6600MHz | NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti FE | Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 AIO | Seasonic PRIME TX-850 | PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv X
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/22 00:59:49 (permalink)
    HiTechObsessed
    Again, what's the problem with parts unpainted when you cannot see any part of it when parts are installed? It's essentially pointless for them to paint those parts.

For someone with the user name HiTechObsessed you should know the answer to that question.

rexob4485
    MSimHow is it idiotic to complain about poor paint job. It's easy to tell EVGA cut corners on it. The product manager for this case failed do his homework. It's not 2004 where people don't care about the paint job on the inside of a case. Do you see Antec, Cooler Master, Corsair or Lian Li cutting corners on the paint job like what you see on the Hadron.

While I agree the companies you mentioned did not cut corners on paint I only see when working in the case - I will also say I do NOT like any of their cases as much as the Hadron either.  I've used a variety of Lian-Li, BitFenix, and Antec Mini-itx cases now, none are as neatly compact as the Hadron or offer as many options for multiple HDD and an optical if desired.  The Hadron is incredibly compact, small enough it fits behind my Dell 24" monitor and I cannot see it at all.  If all you can complain about is the paint, you need a new hobby.

The poor paint job isn't the only thing people have complained about. I see a list of other complaints. I'm not bashing anyone for paying for a sub quality product. The reason i bring it up is to hold evga feet to the fire. If we don't, they will probably continue to lower the bar.

I bet TTL @ OC3D TV (youtube) would ask what was evga thinking releasing a case with unfinished paint job too.   Just like he wondered why evga went with Salmon pink PCI-E slots on SR2 mobo instead of Red PCI-E slots. 

Like i said before. EVGA forgot who they were marketing this case to. Budget PC builders don't spend $230+ (with $54 dvd drive) on a case. Most of the people who spend that kind of money want the product to look perfect inside and out. When you charge that much money you should receive a high quality product like we see from other mfg's.

Just because it has EVGA name on it doesn't mean we can't criticize the product.

DirtyApe
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: Any plans for Hadron revisions? 2014/04/23 09:51:22 (permalink)
    Dedaciai
    EVGA_JacobF

Hi JacobF, 

If not any major revisions, some minor ones would go a long way to making this case the best d@m^ mITX case out there. 

1.  Fix the noise/pitch on the PSU fan
    2.  Allow for removal of the HDD cage
    3.  Have the complete interior painted black
    4. Make the USB 3.0 Header black and sleeve the cables
    5.  Add a rubber bumper thingy to the front raised legs on the bottom of the case like on the back. I've had to put the case on an old mouse pad because it was scratching my desk.
    6. Instead of a mounts for pump/res on the Hadron Air make it a place to mount a fan (as stated above)
    7. Get rid of the 4 molex power cables and make it 2 SATA power and 2 Molex for a total of 4 Sata and 2 Molex 
    8. Include a really nice frosted window 'Hadron' sticker (as stated above)

All of these can be done without changing the form factor of the case. If even half of these are done (especially the PSU thing) I'd buy the case again. 

Thanks again and I look forward to the EVGA Hadron Air mITX case 1.1 or would it be 2.0? 

Dedaciai

Thats not a minor set of changes, thats rev 2.0!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile